PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's Chambers to Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
One great thing about this deal is how it could help out the Pats big time. Chambers should still makes the Chargers offense better at the end of the day.....and play the Colts on Nov 11 @ San Diego. If the Chargers can beat the Colts it only strengths our chance at the #1 seed just in case the Pats were to cough up a hair ball in Indy on Novermber 4th. JMO

You mean his 17 100 yard games and 8 multi-TD games? Yeah, must've just been 1 week.

A4E, Chambers is the benefactor of a *lot* of passes. The guy catches less than half the passes thrown his way - most of which is his fault.

He has all the measurables and makes exciting plays, but he drops nearly as many as he catches and disappears for games at a time. He has been about potential from the very beginning and frankly, it has been years since he has even shown that. Mostly he has been living off of the name he created by wowing people with his potential.

The guy was never all that good and he is downright bad now. Be thankful your team ripped off another and move on.

And take the Chambers poster off your bedroom ceiling now, guess you'll have to wake up to another Doofins face every morning Chico Aqua.

Don't worry, when Brady retires in ten years, maybe you guys will have a shot at the division, though I tend to doubt it..................

I like how every Patriots fan is saying how the Dolphins pulled off a coup here, but A4E is actually upset about it. Even AFTER pointing out the fact that they've got a good center and a potential QB of the future with second rounders recently.

Last edited:
Even with the Chargers overpaying for Chambers, Welker brought more value back for the Dolphins, in terms of round value (2+7 vs 2).

A high 2 and a high 7 in a CRAPPY DRAFT vs. a low-to-mid-MAYBE-high 2nd in what is considered a very good (or at least much better) draft says you may be wrong.

A high 2 and a high 7 in a CRAPPY DRAFT vs. a low-to-mid-MAYBE-high 2nd in what is considered a very good (or at least much better) draft says you may be wrong.

No, it really doesn't. ROUND VALUE is what I noted. Both were worth second rounders. Welker's took a 7th rounder for a little 'gravy'.

God I love this trade!!!

What do the Chargers do well? DRAFT!

What did they do w/the Rodney draft pick? The Seau pick? (I could get really beat down... but I am really asking here.)
PFnV

Excellent point. Miami traded a conditional to SD for Seau. It turned out to be #154 in the 5th round. SD selected Michael Turner with that pick. Harrison was released, so SD received nothing.

SD losing a 2nd rounder should be seen as a small gain for Pats fans. They are probably the best team at drafting.

You mean his 17 100 yard games and 8 multi-TD games? Yeah, must've just been 1 week.

Those are supposed to be the dominant numbers you referred to? Over a 6+ year career? How about 1 1000 yard season in his career and that year 1/4 of those yards came in 1 week.

Chambers has been nothing more than an average starter in his career and for Miami to get a #2 pick for him is a good deal.

I'm officially pissed off.
You're officially pissed that the Dolphins are throwing in the towel?

BAHAHAHA!

0-16 for the NFL team from South Florida! Cleo Lemon?

BAHAHAHA!

Chris Chambers has had the misfortune of having some of the worst QB's in recent memory throw to him.

Jay Feidler-Servicable. Can't hate him since he's a Dartmouth Grad. Got the Fish to the playoffs
Ray Lucas-Patriots PS squad fodder
Sage Rosenfels-Might as well forfeit
Brian Griese-Servicable. Should get the Bears to at least around .500
A.J. Feely-Ugh. Shoulda stayed in Philly
Gus Frerotte-Flashes. Then failures.
Dante Culpepper-It wasn't him. It was Moss.
Joey Harrington-The guy you want as your waiter at a chain restaurant
Trent Green-You proved yourself. Retire and enjoy your family.
Cleo Lemon-Isn't that a drink name on the SouthBeach?
John Beck-Swimming in shark infested waters with no life jacket and a steak tied to his legs.

I think he might be able to make Phillip Quivers an adequate QB again. Can he truly challenge Damon Huard as the stud QB in that division? Will draft pick Ted Ginn(ger) make Miami forget all about him? Will the Chum-Fins pick Beck a swimming partner in 2008 with their extra 2nd?

Wait and see folks, I'm on pins and needles.

Last edited:
Chambers should be better in SD than he was in Miami. The Chargers have two players who demand serious attention from defenses in Tomlinson and Gates. This will open up the field for Chambers to make some plays.

Chambers is like Stallworth - drops easy balls and disappears for 3 games in a row before finally showing up for a game. Two peas in a pod. Still, the defense has to worry about them. Chambers ran a 4:33 at the Combine so he's probably the fastest WR on the Chargers team.

The Charger boards are INSANE on this trade. I think Chambers is a solid pick-up, especially since their WRs are, thus far, not-so-hot. But good LORD - they're proclaiming that he is the Final Piece and that he has, and I quote, "excellent hands."

They literally know NOTHING about this guy, and their attributing a skill-set to him that NOBODY in the NFL thinks, including Chambers himself. It's a good, solid move (an overpay, but still), but these people are freakin' jet-fan-level DELUSIONAL. Truly ignorant.

The Charger boards are INSANE on this trade. I think Chambers is a solid pick-up, especially since their WRs are, thus far, not-so-hot. But good LORD - they're proclaiming that he is the Final Piece and that he has, and I quote, "excellent hands."

They literally know NOTHING about this guy, and their attributing a skill-set to him that NOBODY in the NFL thinks, including Chambers himself. It's a good, solid move (an overpay, but still), but these people are freakin' jet-fan-level DELUSIONAL. Truly ignorant.
so you're saying basically morons exist in every fanbase...ty captain obvious

so you're saying basically morons exist in every fanbase...ty captain obvious

Not to this degree, no. Not in this great a number. WAY more than half the board over there considers Chambers "all-pro" and/or a receiver with "excellent hands." Not a lot of actual football knowledge in SD. Not referring to you, of course.

Yes, we are all delusional and ignorant. Granted some fans may not be as familiar with him as y'all, as you see him much more frequently than us. But Chambers does fill a significant piece for us. Not the "final" piece, but a sizable one. And to say that it was an overpay, is being "ignorant" on your part. The quality of player received for a 2nd rounder (which will likely be made up upon M. Turner's departure) is small potatoes. Especially considering that one of our primary WRs is now on IR. It was a no-brainer. Now, should we have made a move during the off season for a WR? Sure, but that ship sailed. Giving up a 2nd rounder for the potential to stretch the field and make LT and Gates even more effective is nothing.

I think Chambers puts them over the edge, the Chargers just rejoined the race. Indy, NE, Pitt and SD will decide who is champ this year.

There are ignorant people in every forum, including here.

It's a solid pickup given the weakness of the WR position and Parker being out for an extended period of time. How solid remains to be seen. Some players blossom once they make a move to a new team. Chambers has had a bunch of garbage to work with at the QB position.

Last edited:
Chambers should be better in SD than he was in Miami. The Chargers have two players who demand serious attention from defenses in Tomlinson and Gates. This will open up the field for Chambers to make some plays.

Sanvara, why do you spend more time on the Patriots board than you on your own team's board? After your team got beat so bad, why would you come here at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes