PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's Chambers to Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chambers can't catch a cold. Big deal.

Even with the Chargers overpaying for Chambers, Welker brought more value back for the Dolphins, in terms of round value (2+7 vs 2). It should be interesting to watch Aqua's love for Chambers change the way it did with Welker.

"He sucks! He drops too many balls! He said he'd constantly daydream about playing for the Chargers!"

Even with the Chargers overpaying for Chambers, Welker brought more value back for the Dolphins, in terms of round value (2+7 vs 2). It should be interesting to watch Aqua's love for Chambers change the way it did with Welker.

If Chambers trashes the Dolphins then I certainly won't be too happy about it but Chambers did a ton for the Dolphins organization while Welker did almost nothing. Chambers was a damn fine receiver for 6 years, Welker was an average receiver for 1 season.

And if he does trash the Dolphins it might be rightfully so, no receiver in NFL history had worse circumstances than Chambers. He had 5 coordinators (Gailey, Turner, Linehan, Mularky, Cameron) and 10 QBs (Fiedler, Lucas, Griese, Feeley, Rosenfels, Frerotte, Culpepper, Harrington, Lemon, Green) in his 7 years with the Dolphins.

Last edited:
If Chambers trashes the Dolphins then I certainly won't be too happy about it but Chambers did a ton for the Dolphins organization while Welker did almost nothing. Chambers was a damn fine receiver for 6 years, Welker was an average receiver for 1 season.

And if he does trash the Dolphins it might be rightfully so, no receiver in NFL history had worse circumstances than Chambers. He had 5 coordinators (Gailey, Turner, Linehan, Mularky, Cameron) and 10 QBs (Fiedler, Lucas, Griese, Feeley, Rosenfels, Frerotte, Culpepper, Harrington, Lemon, Green) in his 7 years with the Dolphins.

Sorry to break it to you, AquaMORON4ever, but Marty Booker and David Terrell would like to tell you that you don't know wtf you are talking about yet again.

Booker and Terrell went through more QBs in a 4 year span in Chicago than Miami did in Chambers 6+ years.

Also, I think its hilarious the excuses you come up with to justify why a player didn't reach his potential.

Sorry to break it to you, AquaMORON4ever, but Marty Booker and David Terrell would like to tell you that you don't know wtf you are talking about yet again.

Booker and Terrell went through more QBs in a 4 year span in Chicago than Miami did in Chambers 6+ years.

Also, I think its hilarious the excuses you come up with to justify why a player didn't reach his potential.

I know Chambers didn't reach his potential and I'm not saying the surrounding cast was the only problem. When Chambers kept his focus, locked himself in, and dropped all the outside influences, he was a dominant receiver. The problem is, he only does that once or twice a year. I love Chris but his inconsistency was something a little shaky for our receivers. He has been the best offensive player for the Dolphins this decade and will always be my favorite Dolphins receiver.

Chambers is going to blossom in San Diego.

Let me correct that for you. Chambers was an average receiver for 6 years, Welker was a damn fine receiver for 1 season.

God I love this trade!!!

What do the Chargers do well? DRAFT!

What did they do w/the Rodney draft pick? The Seau pick? (I could get really beat down... but I am really asking here.) Point is, I don't think free agency and trades are their forte (although pending further review, right now they don't look THAT boneheaded for letting Brees go anymore...)

On the other side of the ledger: I do not fear Miami with an extra 2nd in their pocket... even if they already have one from our Welker deal. They'll just end up with another Ted Ginn. Either way, it's a while before they're a threat.

I don't see Chambers turning that O around... I read a fantasy mag that used the nickname Chris "Torture" Chambers because of his inconsistency (regardless of who's throwing him the ball.)

PFnV

Let me correct that for you. Chambers was an average receiver for 6 years, Welker was a damn fine receiver for 1 season.

So 82 catches 1118 yards and 11 TDs is average, but 67 catches 687 yards and 1 TD is damn fine?

Interesting...

Seems to be a decent move for both sides.

Chambers never turned out to be as good as his athletic ability would suggest. I believe Rivers could be his best QB, and Rivers is only average. He'll be on a team that can win a bunch of games, even if they have underperformed so far.

On the second rounder, why not? When a first rounder gets you David Terrell, Freddy Mitchell, Mike Williams, and Charles Rogers, maybe it's worth getting someone you know can do something at the pro level.

Think we can find room on the D-line for Jason Taylor?

So 82 catches 1118 yards and 11 TDs is average, but 67 catches 687 yards and 1 TD is damn fine?

Interesting...

Chambers had one great season. Aside from that he has been completely mediocre. He's just a Wisconsin wide receiver. People always get excited about Wisconsin wide receivers, and they're always disappointing. The same goes for most Big 10 skill players, even.

Because all we did was just create another hole. Marty Booker as our #1 receiver? Doesn't sit too well with me.

Yea, but I thought Ginn and Hagan were supposed to be great?

um, when i read that, i thought that SD will now have a Repsectable recieving corps...now they have that...

however, for a 2nd round pick? Miami Defenetely got the better end of the deal there, even for desperation, SD should have contacted the pats...but i doubt we would trade anyone to them...

cmon now...a 2nd rounder? all chambers does is dive for long passes, and 50-50 chance he gets em

Chambers had one great season. Aside from that he has been completely mediocre. He's just a Wisconsin wide receiver. People always get excited about Wisconsin wide receivers, and they're always disappointing. The same goes for most Big 10 skill players, even.

Yea, and he doesn't even mention that in 2006 Welker numbers might not have been as good as Chambers best year but he had more receptions and yards than Chamber in 2006. Oh, and Welker was the WR NE doubled last year.

When Chambers kept his focus, locked himself in, and dropped all the outside influences, he was a dominant receiver.

You mean that one week in his whole career?

If I were a miami fan I would not be partial to this trade; unless chambers has some corrosive influence inside the locker room that I am not aware of.

I think he will definitely improve the chargers and a 2nd round pick by the time the chargers get done will put them at 4 or 5th in AFC at worst. That makes the 2nd rounder a pick # 56 or so. (32 + 32 -8).

Does anyone honestly think around 56 that Miami's brain trust is going to come up with a rookie that will make an impact before 2010 or 2011.

If they really are game planning that far ahead fine; but you can count on Jason Taylor retiring next year and you'll need to spend a couple of 1s and 2s on rebuilding all the FA guys who flee that franchise with the signal management is sending here.

As for chargers; there is no way they would challenge for AFCC as they are built right now and might have a tough time in west unless they add something more. And I think it is right to say Chambers has never had a consistent decent QB throwing to him at Miami - so he could be a reasonable (5 catch / 50-70 yard a game) wr for them with Rivers throwing to him. Rivers was over-hyped but he is better than 9/10s of what miami worked with.

So I think Chargers made out good on this deal.

Yeah but you said Chambers had 6 average season and that Welker had 1 damn fine season. Absolutely incorrect.

I think he will definitely improve the chargers and a 2nd round pick by the time the chargers get done will put them at 4 or 5th in AFC at worst. That makes the 2nd rounder a pick # 56 or so. (32 + 32 -8).

Does anyone honestly think around 56 that Miami's brain trust is going to come up with a rookie that will make an impact before 2010 or 2011.
on this deal.

Well let's see, Samson Satele has been one of the best centers in the NFL this year and he was taken with the 2nd rounder you guys gave us and John Beck is a QB that could be a Dolphin for a very long time (also a 2nd rounder.) So yeah, they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes