PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's Chambers to Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been watching alot of Miami lately since I have Ronnie Brown on my fanatasy team.

I noticed alot more Tedd Ginn last week I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Miami should just forfeit the game. Brady could tell Miami's defense exactly what they are going to do each down and they still woudn't be able to stop us.

I know you were mostly kidding but you're already short a first round pick in the upcoming draft so I doubt the front office would want to part with and 2nd or more even if both JT and Thomas weren't cap prohibitive.

It's a good trade for both teams.

I'd give a 2nd for JT in a heartbeat. Only reaosn I wouldn't give a 1st is that he's already 33 years old.

Wow, good trade for both teams. SD gets a receiver while Miami inches closer to the #1 pick overall in next year's draft.

A 2nd for Chambers is a freakin' STEAL. I used to be one of his biggest fans, and he's a good, solid player but he has THE WORST HANDS of any receiver in the NFL. A 2ND??!!! Holy Cow.

I guess Miami won't win this weekend now. :bricks:

Wow, good trade for both teams. SD gets a receiver while Miami inches closer to the #1 pick overall in next year's draft.

looks like the white flag on the season

Miami is no longer competing

They are rebuilding

again

I wonder if they still have a direct line to Wannestadt? I miss him. He and Wayne f'd that franchise for DECADES...

As the Chargers continue to gain experience with the new staff, I see them becoming a force by season's end. I see the Chragers being the #3 seed in the AFC. Which will have serious implications for the #2 seed in the AFC.

It is going to be very difficult to play 8 or 9 in the box against them with Chambers and Gates running free in the secondary.

They should surely win the weak division they are in, but then...
they wont get higher than a 4 seed, Pitt is 2 games ahead of them already.
they will probably be one and done in the playoffs again.

Chris Chambers isn't going to fix their OL or defensive problems, and he won't fix the biggest problem of them all....terrible, terrible coaching staff.

They will win the AFCW at something like 10-6 or 9-7, then lose to a better team that grabs the WC from the N or S.

Chambers is a very average Wisconsin wide receiver. They make them a dime a dozen there. He has crappy hands and isn't particularly fast or really all that good. He's lived off a reputation that comes with being productive in the Big 10 in college and being a high pick. That said, Chambers-Jackson-Davis isn't a bad three WR combo, but it still isn't scary at all compared to, say, the Patriots or Colts.

Dolphins come out the winners here. Chambers is highly overrated, getting a 2nd for him from a team that may not make the playoffs is a coup.

Last edited:
how about something no one is mentioning

4th rounder for moss vs 2nd rounder for chambers .

I'd give a 2nd for JT in a heartbeat. Only reaosn I wouldn't give a 1st is that he's already 33 years old.

I wouldnt.
Where do you play him?
He is not a DE in our system, he is 50 lbs too small.

That means we trade a second to add another player to OLB where we already have Vrabel, Colvin, and at time, Thomas. What do you gain? Its not worth a second.
I'd like to have Peyton Manning as a backup QB, and he's worth a 2nd, but I wouldn't trade a 2nd for him. (Actually I would, then I'd trade him for a higher pick later, but you get my point)

Chargers board reaction:

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=46943&page=2

This is my favorite.

"guys, dont get down on chambers. If moss can completely turn around his play going from **** oakland to NE, then there is absolutely no reason that chambers cannot do the same coming to the chargers:

"guys, dont get down on chambers. If moss can completely turn around his play going from **** oakland to NE, then there is absolutely no reason that chambers cannot do the same coming to the chargers:

Haha. Moss is the most physically talented receiver to ever play the game. Chambers is a slow scrub of a Wisconsin WR with bad hands.

Last edited:
Chris Chambers is one of the biggest teases in the NFL. The guy is capable of a 200 yard game one game and then go the next four not getting over 20 yards in any of them. I personally think the Dolphins fleeced the Chargers. Even Chambers' Pro Bowl season was only because he got over 200 yards against the Bills. Otherwise, he would have had an average season at best.

Maybe a change of scenery will help his game, but he can disapear for long stretches and has a serious case of the dropsies.

Chargers board reaction:

This is my favorite.

LOL! Moss was actually an elite WR before he went to Oakland. Chambers has been nothing except potential his entire career. Good luck to him.

Chargers board reaction:

This is my favorite.

wow... everytime I think Charger fans can't possibly be as fecking ******ed as they seem they prove me wrong.

charger fan here chiming in -

i love the move but i don't know his contract status, this may be a 1 year rental for a 2nd rounder, i guess we'll see

the offense is still going to go through gates and LT, they must just be desperate and it looks like parker may be put on IR, so it makes sense to get a WR.

i still don't think anyone can beat you guys till proven otherwise.

He'll help a little bit.

Think of the platoon of crappy QBs that Chambers has had to work with. Not to say Rivers is much better, but LT and Gates will certainly open up some space for this guy.

Think of the platoon of crappy QBs that Chambers has had to work with. Not to say Rivers is much better, but LT and Gates will certainly open up some space for this guy.

In his heyday, Ricky Williams was a better RB than LT, and McMichael wasn't much worse than Gates.

It isn't the QB's fault that Chambers is an average WR. It's the fact that he's just not all that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back