PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami talking to Pees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, torching Miami's defense would be that much easier

The story hasn't come out yet. But, if the story is that BB was going to fire Pees after giving him that defense and getting rid of Seymour just before the season started, I can't imagine Pees would feel bad about getting the chance to stick it to the Patriots twice a year.

After watching his brilliantly designed defense this year and incredible 50 yard cushion strategy on the receivers, I find it hard to believe he'll be doing anything but looking at the Pats sideline with heartache

So you really think Parcells would consider hiring someone that sucks. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What did Parcells do with his 'former' DC? Did he fire a guy?? To answer your question, Yes, Parcells FIRED a SUCKER who he hired in the first place.

He didn't do a good job between 05 and 07 season.

If he did, you would have your case for Pees this season or last year.

People don't jump up to conclusion about him bases on 2 lousy seasons.

He wasn't the DC in 05 either. You need to stop babbling about stuff you don't have a clue about. You're worse than NEM. The 05 defense finished as one of the poorest in BB's tenure. Mangini was it's coordinator. The next two seasons the defense finished in the top 5 or 6 in the league. He wasn't the OL coach in that superbowl. That guy is teflon...

A lousy season here has become any season you don't win it all. That doesn't mean we don't have good coordinators, it means we have irrational fans.

I threw the Seymour trade in there because it was something that affected the defense this season.

As I said, you had no point.

:sigh: You threw it in there as a point discussing Pees frame of mind. It was meaningless and pointless to throw it in there. You were not discussing the factors that hurt the defense. But once again you fail to recognize your fault.

The story hasn't come out yet. But, if the story is that BB was going to fire Pees after giving him that defense and getting rid of Seymour just before the season started, I can't imagine Pees would feel bad about getting the chance to stick it to the Patriots twice a year.

Seymour trade has absolutely 100% NOTHING to do with whether or not Pees would "feel bad" about getting the chance to "stick it" to the Patriots twice a year. You threw it in there because YOU are bitter about the trade.

His contract was up. It doesn't matter what we want. It doen't matter what Belichick wants.

Do we really want teams in our division to know that much about us?

:sigh: You threw it in there as a point discussing Pees frame of mind. It was meaningless and pointless to throw it in there. You were not discussing the factors that hurt the defense. But once again you fail to recognize your fault.

Seymour trade has absolutely 100% NOTHING to do with whether or not Pees would "feel bad" about getting the chance to "stick it" to the Patriots twice a year. You threw it in there because YOU are bitter about the trade.

Do you try to be this ridiculous, or is it just a gift?

after giving him that defense and getting rid of Seymour just before the season started

He was given a sub par defense and had its best player taken from it. He still gets that team to a top 5 ranking in scoring. IF (notice the word) he was basically getting fired, he'd have no problem trying to stick it to the team that treated him that way.

My pointing that out isn't because I'm bitter about anything. It's because that's what happened this season. Perhaps if you pulled your head of of Moss' rectum long enough to actually pay attention to people's posts instead of just posting ridiculous homer crap as a knee jerk reaction to whatever might be perceived as even slightly less than mindless adoration, you'd see that I'm capable of doing something you don't seem to be able to do. I can separate one issue from another, and I don't need to be all homer or all anti-homer.

Last edited:
He was given a sub par defense and had its best player taken from it. He still gets that team to a top 5 ranking in scoring. IF (notice the word) he was basically getting fired, he'd have no problem trying to stick it to the team that treated him that way.

Wow forget it, the simple fact I pointed to was that Pees would be SMART ENOUGH to understand the business and value aspect of the NFL, and the Seymour trade is not the team "treating him that way". You can try to force it into whatever you want, but fact is you have been bitter about the Seymour trade from the beginning. You aren't rational in this discussion, now move on.

My pointing that out isn't because I'm bitter about anything. It's because that's what happened this season. Perhaps if you pulled your head of of Moss' rectum long enough to actually pay attention to people's posts instead of just posting ridiculous homer crap as a knee jerk reaction to whatever might be perceived as even slightly less than mindless adoration, you'd see that I'm capable of doing something you don't seem to be able to do: I can separate one issue from another, and I don't need to be all homer or all anti-homer.

Whatever you say Deus, you have proven time and time again to be irrational and stubborn. Seymour is an issue only to you. I am confident the Seymour trade is not even close to Pees mind at all. And don't let any of the FACTS get in the way of your blind hate towards Moss, just accuse me of being up his ass. You are a coward.

"homer" there's that word again, the pointless keyword you continue to throw around to make yourself feel better.

Last edited:
You have to be kidding me. People have been complaining about Pees since midway through his 1st year. Please. Do you not remember Belichick having to go to the sidelines to school the defense while Pees stood silently by during the Super Bowl? Meanwhile a crucial decision needed to be made on O. Pees never had Belichick's total respect.

People here complain about all the coordinators. They complained bitterly about Charlie, and McKid was worthless in his tenure here...

Belichick has always coached or schooled his denfeses through breakdowns and meltdowns. I guess you missed all those seasons that happened before 2007... What crucial decision needed to be made on offense during that superbowl...whether to attempt one with zero blocking? Honestly, you people act like Pees was sent here by Al Quaeda to steel Bill's genius. He was brought here by Bill because he learned this defense under Nick Saban and Bill knew Mangini was ambitious and impatient. He remained here for six seasons and did really well dealing with an aging and oft injured defense. He's been a coach for 37 years. He wasn't the guy who blew his assignment or missed his tackle or failed to make a game changing play. He also didn't invent prevent defense and cushions. Bill employed the prevent even in the Superbowl years and the cushions arrived in 05 when Law left and the Polian rule went into effect. Mangini got blamed for that...

He wasn't the DC in 05 either. You need to stop babbling about stuff you don't have a clue about. You're worse than NEM. The 05 defense finished as one of the poorest in BB's tenure. Mangini was it's coordinator. The next two seasons the defense finished in the top 5 or 6 in the league. He wasn't the OL coach in that superbowl. That guy is teflon...

A lousy season here has become any season you don't win it all. That doesn't mean we don't have good coordinators, it means we have irrational fans.

I may get the year wrong but this is what I know.

1- The reason our D was hot during Pee's years was our HOT offensive. In some case, our D was not on the field as long as our O. When the D needed to step up to SEAL the deal, PEES FAILED miserbly. How would he allow the COLTS to come back and SCORE the second half and WON the AFC championship? How would he allow the G men come back and won a SB????

2- You pointed out the lack of talents BUT it only happened in the last 2 seasons. What you need to do is to look at the time he was our DC. He was not that good. His half time adjustment sucks.

3- When BB had to scream and talk to our D during the game, it was a problem. Why didn't Pees talk????

Wow forget it, the simple fact I pointed to was that Pees would be SMART ENOUGH to understand the business and value aspect of the NFL, and the Seymour trade is not the team "treating him that way". You can try to force it into whatever you want, but fact is you have been bitter about the Seymour trade from the beginning. You aren't rational in this discussion, now move on.

I've been rational the entire time. You jumped into something and made a pointless post. Your only argument was that I was posting what I was due to bitterness about the Seymour trade. My opinion of that trade had nothing to do with my post, therefore making your post pointless.

Whatever you say Deus, you have proven time and time again to be irrational and stubborn.

The irony of this post is great, indeed. It's true that I'm stubborn, but I'm extremely rational. You, on the other hand, haven't been rational when it comes to Moss, or much of anything else for that matter, in more than a year.

Seymour is an issue only to you. I am confident the Seymour trade is not even close to Pees mind at all.

I've got a news flash for you. The Ravens knew that Seymour wasn't there, because they ran the ball right down the team's throat at that spot, and they weren't the only team to do that this season. Pees isn't so stupid that he doesn't know that when he looks back on the job he did this season. I have no idea whether the Seymour trade is specifically in Pees' mind at the moment. Whether it is or not is irrelevant to the point I was making. My point was specifically about any thought process of feeling bad about staying in division.

And don't let any of the FACTS get in the way of your blind hate towards Moss, just accuse me of being up his ass. You are a coward.

You didn't use relevant Moss facts in the discussion. The facts were against you. Instead, you just tried blowing smoke up everyone's ass. Unfortunately for you, Brady and Moss both destroyed your argument when they spoke on the topic. Then again, your argument was dead in the water even as you posted it, since the whole point was the perspective of the players on the field.

"homer" there's that word again, the pointless keyword you continue to throw around to make yourself feel better.

Actually, the word's not pointless at all. It's a word used to categorize people who generally refuse to see any problems with the team, even when such problems are blatant and obvious.

And that's you, and that's become your problem. The glass isn't just half-full for you. It's filled to the brim. The rest of the world just can't see that because there's all that invisible liquid on top of that we all can't see but you can see clearly.

forget it emoney. Deus is like tht ****** who thinks genius is playing contrarian. you ever notice how deus always go against the common belief on this board?

People here complain about all the coordinators. They complained bitterly about Charlie, and McKid was worthless in his tenure here...

Belichick has always coached or schooled his denfeses through breakdowns and meltdowns. I guess you missed all those seasons that happened before 2007... What crucial decision needed to be made on offense during that superbowl...whether to attempt one with zero blocking? Honestly, you people act like Pees was sent here by Al Quaeda to steel Bill's genius. He was brought here by Bill because he learned this defense under Nick Saban and Bill knew Mangini was ambitious and impatient. He remained here for six seasons and did really well dealing with an aging and oft injured defense. He's been a coach for 37 years. He wasn't the guy who blew his assignment or missed his tackle or failed to make a game changing play. He also didn't invent prevent defense and cushions. Bill employed the prevent even in the Superbowl years and the cushions arrived in 05 when Law left and the Polian rule went into effect. Mangini got blamed for that...

Did you not see the freakin' assistant running like an errand boy to the sidelines to pull Bill away to make a crucial 4th down decision? During the Super Bowl??!! You're telling me that Belichick often ignored the run of play to scheme the defense? I saw Belichick teaching or talking during timeouts but NEVER during the run of play. He never was confident in Pees.

And, I'm guessing I've known about Pees longer than you have because I've been around the MAC and know people who coached in that conference, and Pees did not distinguish himself well. People used to scratch their heads about what he was doing. In particular, I was at a game in which he went ballistic when UConn's head coach called a passing play when up by 2 TDs with over 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

I don't know why Belichick ever hired the guy, and for that I blame Belichick. I don' trust Saban's recommendations any more than I trust Saban touting Greg Robinson-Randall.

By the way, I never complained about Weis or McDaniels.

Last edited:
Pretty much everyone here wants this defense to be more of an aggressive/attacking defense. Keeping Pees wouldn't have been the answer.

I hope Pees goes to Miami, that would be a dream for our passing game. I would love to see Brady eat up that vanilla defense with Dolphins DBs and LBs 20 yds off the line of scrimmage. Moss, Edelman, and hopefully Boldin will torch that defense. Pees is gonna kill Vontae Davis' career....the dude is a gamer. Luckily for us, we have a really good corner in Bodden and ironically our passive playcalling might have made Bodden a less desirable corner in FA...thus Pees may not have priced us out of retaining Bodden!

My only problem with Pees going to Miami is that the Dolphins arent a threat to us really in the AFC East. If Pees could go to SD, PIT, BALT, IND...it would be a great day as a NE sports fan--because Pees going to an NFL powerhouse will shift the AFC power dramatically in a negative way for that team.

Pees was a nice guy, I wish him well, but he blew that Indy game for us this year. Our dbs played in tight coverage for most of that gm and we just played not to lose after the score was 31-14--NFL teams aren't supposed to do that. Sadly, that wasn't the only occasion this happened--4th quarter crumblings have become a habit now. Pees leaving happened one super bowl and one conference championship loss too late. BUT......I am happy we are moving on.

Last edited:
im not sure i want pees going to the fish

BB has given him noting to work with over the last few years and he still had the D ranked in the top 10. in yerds allowed every year but this year and he still had the D in the top 5. in points allowed this year.

the fish where 3rd in the NFL with 44 sacks and you know the TUNA would give him a good draft class to work with as will.

I really hope the rumor is true, I've been complaining about Pees since I joined this board. We need to catch up to the Jets in defensive coaching.

BB has given him noting to work with over the last few years and he still had the D ranked in the top 10. in yerds allowed every year but this year and he still had the D in the top 5. in points allowed this year.

Think about what you just wrote. How can you have a good defense without good talent?

I really hope the rumor is true, I've been complaining about Pees since I joined this board. We need to catch up to the Jets in defensive coaching.

The Jets have good talent to go along with the good coaching.

The Jets have good talent to go along with the good coaching.

Yeah, good point we need to catch up talent-wise as well as with coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back