Not open for further replies.

Palm Beach Pats Fan

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
No link, but the Dan LeBatard show today (790 the Ticket in Miami) aired a media day interview of Wes with Deion Sanders.

Wes's speech sounded a little slurred, to be honest. They then pulled up clips from 8 years ago, when he was a Dolphin.

They alternated back and forth, clips from 2006 and clips from today.

(I think it was LeBatard- either them or ESPN 106.3)

To be honest, it DOES sound like he has some scrambled eggs in his head that he did not have before. I don't mean to be flippant about brain damage, but it sounded pretty amazing, the comparison. He does not speak like the same person. And I'm not talking about an Oklahoma accent.

They also played a clip from today where he was asked if he would ever cover up concussion-like symptoms to play in a big game. His answer was to laugh and say "of course, we all would"

Not to be reactionary, but I am SERIOUSLY worried about this guy's future.

The Hawks defense will likely lay him out.

I can envision the Broncos offense missing a couple of receiving options before its all said and done.

I can envision the Broncos offense missing a couple of receiving options before its all said and done.

I could totally see one of the Legion of Boom absolutely drilling Welker and taking him out of the game.

He could want one more game, one big win and then retire.

He sounds like a moron in the interviews I've seen. He didn't exactly start with a huge surplus of brain cells to begin with.

Can someone post a link? I want to hear the difference in Welker's voice....

Can someone post a link? I want to hear the difference in Welker's voice....

He now inserts "ya know" every fifth word instead of every ninth word.

Ummm... I liked him as a player and don't want to see Junior Seau part 2?

Welker is 1,000-percent aware of what he's doing. He doesn't want to be "saved" from whatever might come his way via concussions. He's already said as much.

Welker is 1,000-percent aware of what he's doing. He doesn't want to be "saved" from whatever might come his way via concussions. He's already said as much.

Not trying to save him just hope he doesn't end up with brains of mush even if he is indifferent as to the prospect which I doubt. Being willing to take risks isn't the same as being ok with the worst possible outcome. If someone drives drunk I can still hope they don't wreck.

seems like just two years ago he was a lot less of a mumblemouth

I very rarely disagree w/ you PBPF, but the Welker that I've known for awhile has always talked like he had a bunch of marbles in his mouth.

His speech has been slow and slurred for quite some time, at least in my opinion.

Not trying to save him just hope he doesn't end up with brains of mush even if he is indifferent as to the prospect which I doubt. Being willing to take risks isn't the same as being ok with the worst possible outcome. If someone drives drunk I can still hope they don't wreck.
Drunk drivers potentially injure and kill others. The point is that Welker has been asked multiple times in interviews if he's concerned about the consequences of continuing to play after multiple concussions. Every single time he replied that he is aware of the risks but intends to keep playing until he can't perform anymore. He has taken full responsibility for whatever comes from this. Good (or bad) for him.

I will be disappointed if the Seahawks don't brutalise the Broncos skill position players. They're bloody good at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots