Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Maybe too early to jump the gun, but the Dolphins look pathetic.
After squeaking out a win vs the worst team in the NFL last week, they seem set to lose to the 2nd worst.

Of course they can turn it around, but I dont see many strengths at all on this team.

The defense has been awesome and to offense is just horrible. The only reason we scored our first two field goals were because of turnovers in Houston territory. The offensive line and offensive coordinator are horrible. Who the hell calls a half back pass for a 2 point conversion?

AndyJohnson said:
After squeaking out a win vs the worst team in the NFL last week, they seem set to lose to the 2nd worst.

Of course they can turn it around, but I dont see many strengths at all on this team.

You said it! Struggling against a pathetic Tenn team and losing to what was thought clearly the worst team. I think Miami might be the worst team though it's not certain. How funny that some jokes on TV had Miami winning the division. Certainly week 4 is too early to say anything is certain, however, to have this kind of showing against those 2 teams? I thought the schedule maker had given them a real break to get their footing. Not. It seems that the Jets and Buff both are clearly better than Miami (at least right now). I have to say the way Miami is playing makes me very happy due largely to idiots like Neon Deion and others making their predictions (I think it was Neon talking Miami up)

Aqua4Ever04 said:
The defense has been awesome and to offense is just horrible. The only reason we scored our first two field goals were because of turnovers in Houston territory. The offensive line and offensive coordinator are horrible. Who the hell calls a half back pass for a 2 point conversion?
lol lol lol lol lol lol lol so much for the division hey aquagoof lol .so much for proving the haters wrong .you should change your sig to the 2006 dolphins out to prove the haters right lol

They are not a good team right now. Period. There are a lot of pundits who look very stupid at the moment. For many reasons.

I wonder also when anyone will note the so-called pathetic Jets (who we got grief for not blowing out) played the darling Colts VERY tough.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
If it weren't for the Oakland Faiders, the Miami Dolphins would be the worst team in the NFL.

AndyJohnson said:

Say it ain't so. I listened to all the "experts" before the season and the "experts" seemed to think Miami was headed for the SuperBowl.

Baaawaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa!

Bella*chick said:
They are not a good team right now. Period. There are a lot of pundits who look very stupid at the moment. For many reasons.

I wonder also when anyone will note the so-called pathetic Jets (who we got grief for not blowing out) played the darling Colts VERY tough.

The Jets could be a tough team if they ind a way to stop the run. Hell, add Buff to that mix too. Buff played us tough, really outplayed the Jets and beat Minn. Fortunately we have beat Buff and NYJ already. The next games vs Buff and NYJ may be tougher than first thought at the beginning of the season. However, move both Miami games into the should win category. It's a wash.......:D

hwc said:
Say it ain't so. I listened to all the "experts" before the season and the "experts" seemed to think Miami was headed for the SuperBowl.

Baaawaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa!

Hey give 'em a break. Just a little subject/object confusion there. The Superbowl is in fact headed to Miami. The experts were all just a little dyslexic.

They may look bad but we play them next week in a divisional game they MUST win to stay in the AFC East race...You know they are gonna practice and play hard next week like they always do against us and we can't let our guard down and become overly confident or bad things can happen - if we stay focused we should win

Hey Aqua4ever, good of you to post. Most wouldn't come back in your teams' situation. Look forward to you posting for the upcoming game.

miami usually plays new england tough, but usually in miami. but i'm saying next week is not a gimme.

Just a footnote that even before the season began I eliminated the Dolphins from SB Contention due to the overwhelming trend that a team whos stadium is the site for the super bowl that year is 0 for 41 to make it to the SB - Yes thats 0-41-if you are the host team its 'wait till next year'

TheBostonStraggler said:
You said it! Struggling against a pathetic Tenn team and losing to what was thought clearly the worst team. I think Miami might be the worst team though it's not certain. How funny that some jokes on TV had Miami winning the division. Certainly week 4 is too early to say anything is certain, however, to have this kind of showing against those 2 teams? I thought the schedule maker had given them a real break to get their footing. Not. It seems that the Jets and Buff both are clearly better than Miami (at least right now). I have to say the way Miami is playing makes me very happy due largely to idiots like Neon Deion and others making their predictions (I think it was Neon talking Miami up)

The NFL Network Moving the Chains and Afternoon Blitz guys were talking them up pretty heavily too... One (It may have been Solomon Wilcots) was saying that they might go undefeated right to their bye week

Prior to 7:15 EST, Miami was horrible. Now that they are our next opponent, they are the '85 Bears with a better offense.

PATRIOT64 said:
They may look bad but we play them next week in a divisional game they MUST win to stay in the AFC East race...You know they are gonna practice and play hard next week like they always do against us and we can't let our guard down and become overly confident or bad things can happen - if we stay focused we should win

Exactly...i expect us to win but I also expect Miami to play with pride.

scout said:
Hey Aqua4ever, good of you to post. Most wouldn't come back in your teams' situation. Look forward to you posting for the upcoming game.

No reason to run and hide. I was wrong and that's all there is to it. It's just insane because absolutely NO ONE, could've predicted it this way. Yeah you could've said we wouldn't win or make the playoffs, but to say Miami would be this bad was obsurd just a month ago. I really don't get it. What happend to that 6 game winning streak last year? I put about 90% of the blame on the offensive line. They have been horrid.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

The early season line on the Phins was they would go only as far as their O-Line will take them. I'm surprised Saban has not brought more into camp every year. Parcells and Belichick did this with the Giants, Patriots and the Jets. Belichick did it here and Parcells did it in Dallas. All those efoorts produced decent pass blocking lines and all but 1 were decent running lines.

Bring in a slew of guys and let them fight it out for a job...again, I'm surprised he failed to follow that model of success.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
Who the hell calls a half back pass for a 2 point conversion?

He's been calling stupid gadget plays like that for years.

A better question is who hires a guy like that to run his offense?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
No reason to run and hide. I was wrong and that's all there is to it. It's just insane because absolutely NO ONE, could've predicted it this way. Yeah you could've said we wouldn't win or make the playoffs, but to say Miami would be this bad was obsurd just a month ago. I really don't get it. What happend to that 6 game winning streak last year? I put about 90% of the blame on the offensive line. They have been horrid.

Aqua,

Its not that the skill position players aren't trying nor is it that the OC is doing a poor job. It is merely that the Offensive line might have but a single starter capapble player, and he is not a star. (Juno) Many of the others are so poor that they wouldn't make it as reserves with many other Teams.

By the time Nick can draft an offensive line, the Defensive line will grow too old, and need to be repalced as well. In other words it will take aseveral years to undo the damge than Wanny did to the club.

If y'all have the patience Saban will do it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back