PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami Early Winners of March Super Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize teams have a minimum they have to spend

Not on the ledge I know that they do this every year and have the same holes at the end of the day (Pass rush, cb, wr)
Which of those have been filled by teams with players of considerably quality where their production has met the contracts they received?

With the money they have I don't think Wallace is a bad signing. They really didn't have any kind of threats on offense.

Not on the ledge I know that they do this every year and have the same holes at the end of the day (Pass rush, cb, wr)

considering how well they have done the last ten years maybe they are on to something.

If you follow baseball you know the Florida/Miami Marlins spent big and recklessly and it always ends the same way fire sale.. The Dolphins will be no different.

At least they did something instead of leading to sign a washed up kick returner lmao, this team has a ton of flaws that Brady hides. Going to go for the bargain bin as always tomorrow and beyond.

Guess you've forgotten the last time that the Pats threw out big money for a free agent and how that turned out.. you know. Adalius Thomas.

When have we ever heard who the Pats were signing before the Pats actually signed them?? Seriously.

I think that we heard of Lloyd, Colvin and Bodden and many others.

Besides, the issue with Thomas was that he was awful AFTER his injury. We should never pay big bucks for a player who will be injured.

Guess you've forgotten the last time that the Pats threw out big money for a free agent and how that turned out.. you know. Adalius Thomas.

When have we ever heard who the Pats were signing before the Pats actually signed them?? Seriously.

You do realize teams have a minimum they have to spend

Actually, they don't. The Cap Floor is not a hard floor like the Salary Cap is a hard ceiling.

If you look up Article 12, Section 9 of the CBA (page 84) you will see that it is actually an equation that works out to be 89% of the Average of the salary cap over a 4 year span. And, any difference is only paid out after that 4 year span is up.

NFL CBA said:
a) For each of the following four-League Year periods, 2013–2016 and 2017–2020, there shall be a guaranteed Minimum Team Cash Spending of 89% of the Salary Caps for such periods (e.g., if the Salary Caps for the 2013–16 and 2017–2020 are $100, 120, 130, and 150 million, respectively, each Club shall have a Minimum Team Cash Spending for that period of $445 million (89% of $500 million))

I think that we head of Lloyd, Colvin and Bodden and many others.

Besides, the issue with Thomas was that he was awful AFTER his injury. We should never pay big bucks for a player who will be injured.

We didn't hear of Colvin prior to his being signed. Same with Rodney Harrison.

Lloyd was a different animal all together because of the McDaniels factor. And Lloyd wasn't signed immediately nor was he signed for big money. Neither was Bodden for that matter. Bodden's extension was where Bodden got big money.

Come on, MG. It was clearly implied that we were talking about BIG MONEY free agents.

Back to the topic at hand - Ellerbee and Wheeler are merely good LB's, there's nothing great on record from them. And the truth is we don't really know about Ellerbee yet, take him off that Ravens strike machine and who knows what he'll look like? $12M+/yr for two good/unknown quantities - that's straight out stupid.

$30M solid for Mike Wallace borders on lunacy also. He's an excellent WR, a difference maker, the kind of guy we need on the Pats. But he doesn't strike me as a dominating player, he's more of side show type, incredible as that show may be. And what will Tannehill say in two years when he's up for the $$ - um, Wallace got $30M, that means I get $40M! And if he hasn't been good enough to ask for that kind of dough then the whole Wallace thing is dud anyway.

That's terrible. Rooting for the Patriots is a heavy cross to bear.

Miami overpaid for Wallace.
They have lost Fasano and Bush.

They then cut Dansby and Burnett and replaced them with Ellerbe.

Miami overpaid for Wallace.
They have lost Fasano and Bush.

They then cut Dansby and Burnett and replaced them with Ellerbe.
It's not a case of addition by subtraction with Miami either. Good on them for making moves. At this early juncture, they look like moves for the sake of moves. The additions don't adequately covers the losses for mine. That said, Philbin obviously has an idea of what he wants his team to look like. That's fine.

Miami has the cap space and is making moves to improve the team. Time will tell whether or not they work.

Wallace means nothing if the Dolphins plan on Jonathan "bullrushed by a CB" Martin protecting Tannehill's blind side. There will never be any time for Wallace to get open.

Also, adding two 6'1" LBs is not how you cover Gronk.

A 6'1 LB who can run with Gronkowski is exactly how you can cover him. Especially if you can knock him off his route at the line.

A 6'1 LB who can run with Gronkowski is exactly how you can cover him. Especially if you can knock him off his route at the line.

No it's not. Even in this non-reality world where Ellerby can stick with Gronkowski, Gronk has about 7 inches on him, plus another 3 or 4 when you count wingspan. That's almost a foot he has on him. That is not going to cut it against Gronkowski.

No it's not. Even in this non-reality world where Ellerby can stick with Gronkowski, Gronk has about 7 inches on him, plus another 3 or 4 when you count wingspan. That's almost a foot he has on him. That is not going to cut it against Gronkowski.

I seem to recall Denver having LBs that covered Gronk pretty well.

Now they look like they are getting Dustin Keller from the Jets, hoped he'd leave the AFC East tbh.

Still a laughable poll on nfl.com...

'After the Dolphins' signings, are they the favorites in the AFC East? '

haha

Now they look like they are getting Dustin Keller from the Jets, hoped he'd leave the AFC East tbh.

Still a laughable poll on nfl.com...

'After the Dolphins' signings, are they the favorites in the AFC East? '

haha

Patriots haven't signed anyone yet... Might mean they are due for some splashes later IMO

Usually they sign these cheap money guys early on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes