PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami Dolphins beating Chargers [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Miami Dolphins

Then in the draft, they bolstered their OL with Donald Thomas (who is out for the year, BTW), and Shawn Murphy, got some DL help in Merling and Langford, and of course Henne.

And Jake Long.

The Houston Texans are also beating the Colts. Then again for some reason the Texans always play the Colts tough. Topsy turvy world huh?

I thought I heard on one of the pregame shows that Manning is 11-1 against the Texans. But yes, some of those have been pull out of the @ss games.

none of these games are over yet. i think the chargers will wake up and so will indy.

The Houston Texans are also beating the Colts. Then again for some reason the Texans always play the Colts tough. Topsy turvy world huh?

If the Colts lose today and they look like they will, I think they could be almost out of serious playoff contention by the beginning of December. Their next month or two schedule is brutal with Tennessee, New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay, Houston again, and San Deigo on their schedule.

Will Allen would like some help finding his shorts......

chargers TD and now turnover on kickoff from the fins...
everyweek we start these threads too soon...

Jacob Hester made a great ST play, and the Chargers need to take advantage.

Just as an aside, I hope the Patriots' brain trusts takes a look at the Miami-S.D. game and gets some ideas about incorporating LoMo into the offense.

If the Colts lose today and they look like they will, I think they could be almost out of serious playoff contention by the beginning of December. Their next month or two schedule is brutal with Tennessee, New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Green Bay, Houston again, and San Deigo on their schedule.

i think they will be in trouble but as long as they have their QB they will be in the mix till the end. i actually think the titans will come down to the pack. they have good defense but offensiviely are as much and eventually it will start to catch up.

Huh? What does the Chargers' defense has to do with Cassel? Doesn't the fact that the Dolphins have held a good Chargers OFFENSE to 3 points and shutdown their offense pretty well in the meantime speak to how they played against Cassel though?

It is fun arguing with you though since you throw me a bunch of layups. Your lack of real football knowledge is a real deficit for you. You should go back and find one of your fellow Jets fans to pretend to be you pretending to be a Pats fan to do your arguing.

You look at this objectively if you mean you look at it as someone who doesn't have a clue and isn't afraid to show it.

I love how you failed to address the main point of my post (Chargers defense sucks) and instead made my argument for me. The Chargers defense has nothing to do with Cassel, though Box O Rocks felt the need to insert his name in the topic.

Lay ups? You seriously have not made one legitimate point in this thread. All you've done is criticize me for saying the Chargers defense sucks, and then went on to state the obvious.

Also a person with no real argument will always feel insecure enough to say something juvenile such as "Lolz this is like shooting lay ups". You haven't even addressed the argument yet, because you have none.

Now please, tell me why the Chargers defense doesn't suck? Oh wait, you can't.

Last edited:
i think they will be in trouble but as long as they have their QB they will be in the mix till the end. i actually think the titans will come down to the pack. they have good defense but offensiviely are as much and eventually it will start to catch up.

As long as they have their defense and they cannot fix the offensive struggles they have, they are going to continue to sink fast. Manning has saved them once so far this season and was because the other team didn't step up and put the Colts away when they had a chance.

Huge stop by the Dolphins on 4th and goal

As long as they have their defense and they cannot fix the offensive struggles they have, they are going to continue to sink fast. Manning has saved them once so far this season and was because the other team didn't step up and put the Colts away when they had a chance.

i agree but other than last yr their defense has always been bad. they are built to play with the lead . even the SB yr they sucked on run d. eventually if they start putting pressure offensively , their defense will be protected. look at the 2007 pats. not exactly the same but similar story.

Huge stop by the Dolphins on 4th and goal

yup surprised turner didnt call a roll out or something but going for it was the right call.

chambers also carted off for the chargers..thats a big blow...thats a horrible PI on the chargers..ball was way out of bounds.

I love how you failed to address the main point of my post (Chargers defense sucks) and instead made my argument for me. The Chargers defense has nothing to do with Cassel, though Box O Rocks felt the need to insert his name in the topic.

Lay ups? You seriously have not made one legitimate point in this thread. All you've done is criticize me for saying the Chargers defense sucks, and then went on to state the obvious.

Also a person with no real argument will always feel insecure enough to say something juvenile such as "Lolz this is like shooting lay ups". You haven't even addressed the argument yet, because you have none.

Now please, tell me why the Chargers defense doesn't suck? Oh wait, you can't.

Ummmmm..... When did I say that it had anything to do with Cassel to beigin with? The Pats didn't lose to the Dolphins because of Cassel. But that may be a nuance of the game that too advanced to you that when you give up 4 rushing TDs, it isn't your QB's fault.

Why should I answer your question when it is irrelevant to anything? Answer me this. What does the Chargers defense have to do with the leaves on my lawn not getting raked up this weekend? It is about as relevant.

i agree but other than last yr their defense has always been bad. they are built to play with the lead . even the SB yr they sucked on run d. eventually if they start putting pressure offensively , their defense will be protected. look at the 2007 pats. not exactly the same but similar story.

I think their offense hasn't been all that explosive since midseason last year. In 2006, their offense was explosive enough to win in shootouts basically matching every score. At least until they get their o-line stablized, Manning and his receivers on the same page, and the running game going; they aren't going to put Manning in the position to will to win a lot of games.

td texans -27-10.
anyone hear the debate between tom jackson and ditka today about which team is in more trouble the pats or colts. jackson predictably said the pats and said "to say it bluntly, from last week , we saw,they cant pass, they cant run, they cant stop the run and they cant run the ball"
cris carter took a shot at the pats or their fans saying that people in NE think they know more than anyone else about football.
ditka weakly said the colts were in trouble . i personally thought the pats are in more trouble just because we dont have our HOF QB and colts do but this texans game so far has been a shocker

Ummmmm..... When did I say that it had anything to do with Cassel to beigin with? The Pats didn't lose to the Dolphins because of Cassel. But that may be a nuance of the game that too advanced to you that when you give up 4 rushing TDs, it isn't your QB's fault.

Why should I answer your question when it is irrelevant to anything? Answer me this. What does the Chargers defense have to do with the leaves on my lawn not getting raked up this weekend? It is about as relevant.

[edit: avoid name-calling, it will result in infractions. thank you.]

My first post: Chargers defense is trash.
Your response: How many weeks ago did you start watching football. Chargers offense has only scored 3 points!
My response: Chargers are ranked 28th in the league, Dolphins still aren't a good team. This doesn't mean Matt Cassel's performance last week is any worse.
Your response: What does Matt Cassel have to do with this?
My response: Nothing, my point exactly. So, tell me why my first post you felt the need to respond to was wrong?
Your response: Irrelevant!

:eek:

Seriously, you embarrass me as a Patriots fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye