PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami Dolphins beating Chargers [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.

billdog3484

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously we got our butts handed to us by the Dolphins. However, they are looking pretty darn good today against the Chargers. Maybe they are pretty good, and we arent nearly as bad as we all thought after getting trounced. Hopefully we step up today and hand it to the 9ers

Looks like the Dolphins scored another TD with the Wildcat offense

Maybe they aren't as bad as people thought they were two weeks ago. They are up on the Chargers 17-3 right now.

Re: Looks like the Dolphins scored another TD with the Wildcat offense

Apparently Ronnie Brown is as smart as he is athletic. He makes very good decisions running that Offense. Pretty impressive in my opinion. You gotta think the 49ers will do the same thing with Gore and Robinson if either of them has half of a brain, which I am sure one does. Gonna be a tough game today

Re: Miami Dolphins

I've been saying that since March. I was a bit surprised when so many people were calling them a horrible team early this season. You can't apply 2007 to 2008. I watched Parcells' moves throughout the offseason (and Dimitroff's in Atlanta), and I was impressed. It's a good team, and in fact I predicted at least a 8-8 record to a Dolphins fan who pretty much agreed with me - and that was in June or July. I like the team Parcells has built, and I think the people who considered the Dolphins to be a very bad team didn't pay attention enough in March and April when the real work was done.

On the other hand, I hate the team the Jets have. All offseason I said the Jets would be lucky to finish better than 3rd place. Yet, there were people out there predicting them to win the division.

And I've been high on the Bills since last season, too. Very good team there, and it's funny to see how shocked some people are that they're good this season.

Last edited:
Re: Looks like the Dolphins scored another TD with the Wildcat offense

:rofl:

OT: The Miami Wildcats

Ronnie Brown is doing it again. Direct snaps, big yards, and a TD vs San Diego. Hate to say it, but this Dolphin team is looking as impressive as last weekend.

They are playing good but i still think the chargers arer horrible and they have no coaching.I wish we had Chad Pennington right now, hold up, did i just say that?:(

I've been saying that since March. I was a bit surprised when so many people were calling them a horrible team early this season. You can't apply 2007 to 2008. I watched Parcells' moves throughout the offseason (and Dimitroff's in Atlanta), and I was impressed. It's a good team, and in fact I predicted at least a 8-8 record to a Dolphins fan who pretty much agreed with me - and that was in June or July. I like the team Parcells has built, and I think the people who considered the Dolphins to be a very bad team didn't pay attention enough in March and April when the real work was done.
:nono: Miami sucks, Pats suck, Cassel sucks, we need [insert trained loser QB of your choice] NOW! :rofl:

:nono: Miami sucks, Pats suck, Cassel sucks, we need [insert trained loser QB of your choice] NOW! :rofl:

Bring in Jeff Garcia! :D

Man the Chargers defense is trash.

On the other hand, I hate the team the Jets have. All offseason I said the Jets would be lucky to finish better than 3rd place. Yet, there were people out there predicting them to win the division.

And I've been high on the Bills since last season, too. Very good team there, and it's funny to see how shocked some people are that they're good this season.

I agree. Miami was a preseason pick of mine to be a surprise team. I didn't think they would make the playoffs, but I thought they were going to be the most improved team of the division and fight the Jets for third place in the division.

Man the Chargers defense is trash.

Their defense is playing so bad they only scored 3 points so far on offense.

Seriously how many weeks ago did you start to watch football?

Well, there's a relief. It isn't just us the Dolphins plan on shocking.

Wonder if the Chargers can adjust. They're faring worse than we did on offense.

Also, did Eli sell his soul to Satan for Peyton's skills?

Their defense is playing so bad they only scored 3 points so far on offense.

Seriously how many weeks ago did you start to watch football?

Right, the Chargers offense not performing today is why the Dolphins have scored 17 points? And oh my mistake, the Chargers 28th ranked defense is good. You're right.

Sorry I actually look at things objectively instead of "Omg, wow this must mean Matt Cassel isn't that bad and we shouldn't feel as bad about last week! These Dolphins sure are looking good against a great Chargers defense!"

Last edited:
The Dolphin offense is doing a job on the Chargers, even using that wildthing offense. Thus, the Chargers should bench Rivers, right.

Right, the Chargers offense not performing today is why the Dolphins have scored 17 points? And oh my mistake, the Chargers 28th ranked defense is good. You're right.

Sorry I actually look at things objectively instead of "Omg, wow this must mean Matt Cassel isn't that bad and we shouldn't feel as bad about last week! These Dolphins sure are looking good against a great Chargers defense!"

Now this is good comedy!

I agree. Miami was a preseason pick of mine to be a surprise team. I didn't think they would make the playoffs, but I thought they were going to be the most improved team of the division and fight the Jets for third place in the division.

I think the Fasano/Ayodele trade confirmed it for me. That was a great trade for the Dolphins.

In February, Parcells ripped that team apart and left the offensive and defensive lines in shambles. Basically, only Ronnie Brown, Crowder, Porter, Ginn, Beck, and Ricky Williams, very underrated Yeremiah Bell (who my Dolphins "source" has been high on for three years now), Will Allen, Samson Satele, and Jason Taylor were left. From there, he brought in Smiley (excellent signing), Wilford, Ferguson, Starks, Torbor, Charlie Anderson, Crocker, and Nate Jones. Then in the draft, they bolstered their OL with Donald Thomas (who is out for the year, BTW), and Shawn Murphy, got some DL help in Merling and Langford, and of course Henne. They traded Taylor, got Pennington, and made a few good waiver claims to help out with their OL depth at final cuts.

They're not a deep team by any stretch, and their secondary is a bit on the weak side, but overall it's a solid team on paper.

Huh? What does the Chargers' defense has to do with Cassel? Doesn't the fact that the Dolphins have held a good Chargers OFFENSE to 3 points and shutdown their offense pretty well in the meantime speak to how they played against Cassel though?

It is fun arguing with you though since you throw me a bunch of layups. Your lack of real football knowledge is a real deficit for you. You should go back and find one of your fellow Jets fans to pretend to be you pretending to be a Pats fan to do your arguing.

You look at this objectively if you mean you look at it as someone who doesn't have a clue and isn't afraid to show it.

Last edited:
The Houston Texans are also beating the Colts. Then again for some reason the Texans always play the Colts tough. Topsy turvy world huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes