PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami Cheated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard on NFL Live about how the Dolphins bought sound clips off someone and they used these, along with game film to figure out Brady's signals for pass protection.

John Clayton just confirmed it (an excellent source of info.) :rolleyes:

Sorry if this has already been posted , but i didn't see anything about it

This is bull****.
That is cheating.

No wonder they demolished our line and beat up on Brady.

This is one game that i'm glad i missed.

LoL :singing: LMAO AT THIS GUY , GO FINS :singing:

They cheated???
Please tell me you're joking!
They kicked our asses and we stunk out the joint.
Nancy Reagan was right. Crack is whack!

Figuring out signals from available game film is one thing; purchasing audio from a third party is another matter entirely. While it may not be cheating (I'm not sure it's not), it's definitely shady. It's not like Jason Taylor needs any help in tormenting us. This actually feeds into my belief that Saban is a slightly-above-average pro coach at best.

However, I agree with the poster who said that Miami did the Pats a favor by doing it before someone else figured it out in the playoffs.

Figuring out signals from available game film is one thing; purchasing audio from a third party is another matter entirely. While it may not be cheating (I'm not sure it's not), it's definitely shady. It's not like Jason Taylor needs any help in tormenting us. This actually feeds into my belief that Saban is a slightly-above-average pro coach at best.

However, I agree with the poster who said that Miami did the Pats a favor by doing it before someone else figured it out in the playoffs.

Saban said they got the audio off of TV broadcasts. And even if they bought a video of the broadcasts to study game film, isnt that just good preperation? How is that shady? And how does that "feed into your belief" that Saban is a slightly-above-average pro coach? He figured out that you guys wernt changing your signals, got ahold of them, and then exploited you. Why again isnt that a sign of being a good coach?

I sat in the second row behind the fifty in the first Patriots/Dolphins game. Brady barks so loud, I could have taped him that game from my seat.

Damn, I missed a sale to the Dolphins.

Saban said they got the audio off of TV broadcasts.
Somehow I doubt that or his players wouldn't have made such a big deal about it.

And even if they bought a video of the broadcasts to study game film, isnt that just good preperation? How is that shady?
My reaction was that it was fine. After listening to Shaun Salisbury and (forgot his first name) Allen the ex DB of the Raiders on ESPNews, evidently it's kind of below the belt. Not actually illegal but not supposed to be done - kind of like batters looking back to see where the catcher sets up or stealing signs in baseball.

So . . . well done to Saban for legally hitting below the belt. Too bad for him they didn't wait until next year as they're out of it this year.

Is this thread a joke? I thought it was smart to do that.

Somehow I doubt that or his players wouldn't have made such a big deal about it.

My reaction was that it was fine. After listening to Shaun Salisbury and (forgot his first name) Allen the ex DB of the Raiders on ESPNews, evidently it's kind of below the belt. Not actually illegal but not supposed to be done - kind of like batters looking back to see where the catcher sets up or stealing signs in baseball.

So . . . well done to Saban for legally hitting below the belt. Too bad for him they didn't wait until next year as they're out of it this year.

The problem Shaun ImAMoronbury and Allen had with it is that they "paid" for the audio clip. Salisbury said he didnt have a problem with it if they got it from the TV or something... just if they paid for it. I dont see the difference... its research and preperation...

The problem Shaun ImAMoronbury and Allen had with it is that they "paid" for the audio clip. Salisbury said he didnt have a problem with it if they got it from the TV or something... just if they paid for it. I dont see the difference... its research and preperation...
As I have said, my reaction was the same as yours. But they played in the NFL. I didn't and I assume you didn't. It's the same with stealing signs in baseball. It's legal but frowned upon. What's the difference between that and prepatation ? Just a gentleman's agreement on how the game is supposed to be played, I guess.

Reality check guys. This is a league where the coaches hide their mouth behind their play cards so that lip readers can't read their lips when they call a play. This is a league where your playbook is protected at all costs. This is a league where practices are closed.

My point is that if you go and do all of that and you're too stupid to make it difficult for the opposition to figure out your calls, then it's your fault, not theirs. I put this one on the Pats staff.

As I have said, my reaction was the same as yours. But they played in the NFL. I didn't and I assume you didn't. It's the same with stealing signs in baseball. It's legal but frowned upon. What's the difference between that and preparation ? Just a gentleman's agreement on how the game is supposed to be played, I guess.

You're kidding right? Where's it frowned upon? You try to figure it out all of the time and when I was on the field, if you could figure out an audible, you used it and we did.

You're kidding right? Where's it frowned upon? You try to figure it out all of the time and when I was on the field, if you could figure out an audible, you used it and we did.
I'm just telling you what ex-NFL players have said. Your opinion or theirs ? I'll assume they're right. I am not disagreeing with you. But they are.

As I have said, my reaction was the same as yours. But they played in the NFL. I didn't and I assume you didn't. It's the same with stealing signs in baseball. It's legal but frowned upon. What's the difference between that and prepatation ? Just a gentleman's agreement on how the game is supposed to be played, I guess.

They said they didnt have a problem with studying the audio tape to figure out their signals. The only problem they had was that they paid for it.

Also, Salsbury has hated the Fins after we made him look stupid when he predicted us to go to the Super Bowl. However, what he fails to realize is that he makes himself look stupid all the time. No really... he does it literally every show he appears on.

Last edited:
What makes it right? Is it right because they played pro ball? I played college ball so that means that I'm right on that level? That makes no sense at all. Just because there's some talking head on the tube, it doesn't make them right. At best, it's their opinion and not a fact. If Bill B. did this, people would be praising him for his ingenuity. I don't hear anyone demanding that he treat the injury report with honesty. He makes a mockery of it and it's a joke to people. It's hypocritical to call that cheating and not the injury report.

Face it, they kicked our asses all over the field. That's all there is to it and anything else is just sour grapes. How many Patriots players have come forward and called it cheating? Did the Patriots front office file a complaint with the NFL?

Guys, I am not disagreeing with you. I AGREE. I'm just saying that two out of two ex players have said it's below the belt. That's it.

They said they didnt have a problem with studying the audio tape to figure out their signals. The only problem they had was that they paid for it.

Also, Salsbury has hated the Fins after we made him look stupid when he predicted us to go to the Super Bowl. However, what he fails to realize is that he makes himself look stupid all the time. No really... he does it literally every show he appears on.

I don't have a problem with them paying for it either. Why draw the line there? I applaud them for doing it. It's the Pats fault that they are so complacent with their audibles.

count me amoung the people surprised that this is news. I've just always assumed teams always did this stuff.

if this isn't common practice it's sad is that the Dolphins felt the need to do this in a regular season game. Most teams would save something like this for the playoffs. i guess they don't give themselves any chance of making the playoffs against the pats next year, or even playing a meaningful late-season game. If they do then they're just plain stupid to tip their hand.

This also seems like piling-on. if the game ends 20-17 you probably don't hear any of this. but because the Dolphins thumped the Pats their stupid (see previous paragraph) players start bragging about stealing signs. didn't one of those morons even say soemthing about the dropkick from last year (you know, from a game the Dolphins won).

Congratulations Dolphins players and fans. Enjoy the highlight of your season in week 14. Win or lose in the playoffs, the highlight of the patriots season is playing in January.

As for whether or not this is cheating, in light of Dolphins players bragging about it this is the time for the NFL to take a stance on it. If the NFL does nothing than it is accepted practice and I expect any well prepared team to study audio of their opponents.

Just saw the story broken on ESPN. Dolphins had spy tape of Brady's audio signals and figured out his protections. Hey someone actually agreed that it was cheating. Go figure! This is pretty outrageous and explains why the Pats got whipped so badly. I mean yeah the Dolphins D is good, but apparently they knew exactly what to expect and counter what the Pats were doing. Ok I don't feel so bad after all. Miami had an unfair advantage in last week's game.

I just heard on NFL Live about how the Dolphins bought sound clips off someone and they used these, along with game film to figure out Brady's signals for pass protection.

John Clayton just confirmed it (an excellent source of info.) :rolleyes:

Sorry if this has already been posted , but i didn't see anything about it

This is bull****.
That is cheating.

No wonder they demolished our line and beat up on Brady.

This is one game that i'm glad i missed.

its pretty funny that after cheating and knowing the pats pass protection calls that they only got 4 sacks.

I would expect more... like maybe 10?

after all, they were cheating.

things come a lot easier when you cheat.

******* losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back