PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami Breakdown - Home Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

"...Sey has had some good plays, but there seems to be something dragging his backside."

Could it be his wallet?

Last edited:
captain stone said:
"...Sey has had some good plays, but there seems to be something dragging his backside."

Could it be his wallet?
Perhaps, but I think it's something else - injury, excessive attention from the offense wearing on him, some home problems - in technical terms, "something." :confused:

Thanks, good stuff. Pleased to read your assessment of Caldwell, that sounds like he will be a contributor. I know Brady has gone to him on some key short passes on 3rd and 4th down.

Seymour seems to be one of those guys that needs a little extra motivation some times. Here's a guy that's been in or contending for a SB every year of his NFL career. Remember his comment about SB 39, he admitted it was just another super bowl until he saw them spelling his name wrong on the stadium screen and it got him going. I think he needs something to kick his adrenalin up and it seems he is frequently more aggressive in the second half. Of course, that could just be a defensive adjustmen.

Box, one thing I'm interested in maybe you can offer some insight. Boston writers and the pfw guys insist there is still this large problem with unfamiliarity between Brady and the receivers. I don't mean to knock Brady and will give him all kinds of slack, but it seems more often that not that his throws are off the mark rather than a receiver not cutting his route off, or and this one really got me, "adjusting his pattern to fit into the throwing lane provided by the line". I know NFL passing is timing and sophistication but to expect a receiver running a crossing route to break off a route because of the evolution of the pass blocking on the play seems a stretch. They also say that the WR's have trouble "getting off the line".

I'd be interested in your assessment of that and would trust your observation a little bit more than theirs.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back