PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami and Jets aren't THAT bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJDChE

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, they're bad, but they aren't as bad as some people think.

For the Jets, besides the 24 point whuppin' we put on them they've been in every game. 5 of their losses have been within 7 points. Their other two losses (by 11 and 10) they were tied or ahead going into the 4th quarter.

For Miami, 5 of their 9 losses have been by 3 points. The other 4 have been by 21, 18, 17 and 10.

So, between Miami and NY, they've only lost 4 of their 17 losses by more than 11. Two of which came at the hands of the Patriots.

Now look at San Fran and St. Louis, they've had losses of 28, 27, 24, 21, 21, 21, 20, 19, 18 and 14. That means 10 of their 16 losses have been by two TDs or more.

So, maybe Miami and the Jets are actually only the 3rd and 4th worst teams in the NFL. :D

Don't get me wrong, they're bad, but they aren't as bad as some people think.

For the Jets, besides the 24 point whuppin' we put on them they've been in every game. 5 of their losses have been within 7 points. Their other two losses (by 11 and 10) they were tied or ahead going into the 4th quarter.

For Miami, 5 of their 9 losses have been by 3 points. The other 4 have been by 21, 18, 17 and 10.

So, between Miami and NY, they've only lost 4 of their 17 losses by more than 11. Two of which came at the hands of the Patriots.

Now look at San Fran and St. Louis, they've had losses of 28, 27, 24, 21, 21, 21, 20, 19, 18 and 14. That means 10 of their 16 losses have been by two TDs or more.

So, maybe Miami and the Jets are actually only the 3rd and 4th worst teams in the NFL. :D

I think the Rams are going to be able to win several games down the stretch, as long as the continue to get healthy.

Yes barely losing every game is the sign of a good team.

Yes barely losing every game is the sign of a good team.

Yes, but only when the team you lose to (a) is in total disarray, (b) has a lousy head coach, and (c) tries its damndest to hand you the game.
:D

"Losing is a disease....."

"Losing is a disease... as contagious as polio... as contagious as syphilis... as contagious as the bubonic plague... attacking one, but affecting all."

I do have to give props to Miami - they try to win. I can;'t say that I've seen them just roll over for a team. They fought us hard and they fought Dallas hard. They just haven't been able to translate the effort into a W.

The jets - well they are just plain awful.

None of those teams can compete with the 9er's tho. The 49er's offense is just so pitiful, I don't think they win another game this year.

None of those teams can compete with the 9er's tho. The 49er's offense is just so pitiful, I don't think they win another game this year.

I am still pissed -- PISSED -- that they managed to squeeze out those first two wins.

I blame Polian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back