PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mia looking at atl Schaub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Looks like the Fins are at an impasse with Brees..so looking to trade for backup Schaub..Interesting!!

Shaub...hmmm does Saban think he's Houdini?

Schaub can play. I was really hoping that we would have picked him up coming out of Virginia. Then again, maybe MIA is just trying to put pressure on Breese and Culpepper.

I like Schaub a lot too. When we played them last year I actually wanted Vick to be healthy because I think he's a lot more limited than Schaub is in strictly the passing game category. When I read this story on the Internet, I was surprised that Atlanta would even be entertaining offers. Maybe I'm just not a Vick fan, but I thought that Schaub was the better QB.

Schaub and to a lesser extent Josh McCown are two quarterbacks that could be very solid starters. Schaub has a good arm, and good composure. If I was Saban, I'd be looking at grooming Matt Schaub in to a starter before spending big FA money on a disruptive star like Culpepper.

The draft repercussions of all this may be interesting if Drew Brees ends up at New Orleans.

I think Schaub would be an excellent choice for the Dolphins (not so much for Pats fans though). Matt put up some numbers on the Patriots, he looked solid.

I really like Schaub, but didn't Miami just try that approach. You know the one where they trade a high draft pick for a team's backup QB? AJ Feeley for a high 2nd rounder anyone?

If I were the Jets, I would trade Abraham to Atlanta in exchange for Matt Schaub.

Schaub and Brees are both upgrades over the vastly over-rated Culpepper.

Last edited:
Given Vicks physical and mental struggles I can't imagine Atlanta letting Schaub go for anything short of a kings ransom. Of course I would prefer to see Miami end up with Culpepper (the co-MVP nobody seems to want for a 2nd round pick....) or another JAG. But if Miami has to part with a nice package of picks that could pay big dividends as well.

Schaub should be the number 1 QB on his team, if Atlanta wants to actually win they should be looking to trade Vick. But they are not they are looking to sell tickets and that is all that Vick does!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back