Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mexican President should be more upset at US law than Arizona law

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsWSB47, May 21, 2010.

1. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I guess it turns out that the AZ law actually requires its police to have more restraint than federal law officers have to. At least in AZ they are required to have reasonable cause to suspect that a lawfully stopped person might be here illegally before they can question them on it.

Megyn Kelly made reference to this on O'Reilly last night. I was a bit surprised and decided to check it out for myself and it's true. Now this doesn't mean that the AZ law can't be abused but it makes me take pause and wonder what all this new racist attack fever is all about. From a legal standpoint the Feds have a lot more leeway.

Legal references and information on immigration - CAIR - Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform

Last edited: May 21, 2010
  2. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I read about this! Everyone's so down on AZ but at least they put that provision in requiring probable cause, the federal law doesn't require it. The feds can stop anybody they want to for whatever reason they want to. Irony sweet irony;)

3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +240 / 8 / -13

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

They sh!t on us because they know they can, the democrats give them standing ovations for doing so.

If the Mexican had burned the American Flag in front of the Capital the SKANK Pelosi would have blinked, sucked her teeth and then applauded him.

5. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Nancy Pelosi is the phoniest, ugliest skank I've seen in a long, long time. Does she actually believe no one knows she's had a boatload of cosmetic surgery done?

It's laughable!! :rofl:

7. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Hey I know it's Friday so the traffic is light here today but what's up with the total absense of comments from our left leaning members? Selective outrage is a term tossed around here quite a bit. Exibit A?

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

I think the main difference is that the Arizona law brings the cop on the beat more aggressively into immigration control. This has Constitutional implications, but more importantly one has to question if the cop on the beat will start singling out Hispanics for any kind of violation in order to crack down on illegals. Although the law says no to racial profiling, some are skeptical that that can truly be enforced. At any rate, there will be a lot of lawsuits.

9. Leave No Doubt

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Depends what you read,as always: ALIPAC - Professors: Arizona law passes constitutional test Law professors here don't seem to think it's unconstitutional nor do they think, on face, it gives the beat cop increased power.

Is there potential for abuse? There's always potential for abuse, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Will there be lawsuits? There are always lawsuits, some are valid and some are assinine. That's not new.

10. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I acknowledged that it doesn't mean that the AZ law won't be abused but the average person I bet has no idea that the Feds have a the law of the land backing them with the right to ask a a person if they are here legally without needing probable cause while an AZ police officer does. It's more like a mob scene mentality that cause people to go nuts over this.....and to have the democrats give the Mexican President a standing ovation when he condemns the AZ law while he ignores or is ignorant of the federal law. I'm both amused and disgusted that these politicians sit up on their high horses thinking that they just solved the border crisis because they call Arizona a state full of racists. They have done nothing but thrown gas on the fire as far as I'm concerned and that includes our President, I'm sad to say.

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

The reason that Hispanics are singled out more than say "germans" is because the 12 Million Illegal Aliens that have illegally invaded America happen to be "Hispanic".

If police are looking for a man who raped a women in Filenes Basement and police have been told that the suspect has only one leg I would assume they don't stop men with two legs...........:confused:

The America Hispanic community themselves should start policing their own people and just say "knock it off your ruining it for all of us" many Muslims do this to "the bad ones".

12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You just summed up the idiocy that is liberalism. They want the authorities to pretend that the average illegal is just as likely to be a blonde haired, blue eyed Norwegian as they are to be a Hispanic. Otherwise, that's racism! :rolleyes: