Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mexican Border Fence ... Survival Of The Fittest?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Oct 26, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I'm wondering if this thought has crossed the mind of anyone.

The fence will make it harder for illegals to get in. But only an extra minute or two for a strong healthy person.

So I'm thinking tonight ... survival of the fittest here?

We only want Mexicans who are capable of working?

We don't want women, children, or elderly because they are a financial drain on society?

We'll make it almost impossible for the weak to get in but the strong will get in....liberals will be happy and businesses will be happy with the G.O.P.???

I am asking these questions .... not exactly my opinion .... just soliciting some thought here. I have already come out against the fence...and now that I am asking these questions I am against it even more.

Do I really think this is survival of the fittest ... absolutely and horribly wrong!!!

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

No, the fence is to keep them all out. You know, those who are committing a crime for entering a country illegally. That's ILLEGAL not undocumented. ILLEGAL.

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

But now only the stronger, taller, meaner Mexicans will make it accross - is that what you want?

4. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

It's better than unfettered access. What do I want ? A 50 foot tall, 20 foot wide, 20 foot deep (below ground) brick wall. Electrocuted would be a bonus.

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +900 / 7 / -3

I'll try to answer as sensibley as is humany possible so as to educate you on the problems of undocumented, ILLEGAL immigration, as opposed to the benifits of legal, documented immigration. Warning, this will be brief as I've tired of explaining it in length.

First off you haven't seen the fence design that will be utilized in the 700 mile bill.

Anyway, for obvious reasons a country need to both control, and document, the foreignors it permits into its borders. By documenting immigrants, you know who it is that has entered your country. We all have ID, and I think we all know how necessary it is in our society. Documenting immigrants affords a country the ability to kick out criminals, the lazy, the leaches, and any person who is a detriment to society. Documentation also affords the ability to reward those who contribute to our culture, but permitting them to stay. When you permit an undocumented invasion like we have today, you drain social services, increase crime, and greatly diminish the quality of life of actual citizens.

You need to have a plan regarding who it is you want to let in. Obviously, you don't want to let in the elderly. Why? Because they are too old to work, and thus will not be self dependent. They will be reliant on government subsidy, and will therefore be a massive cost to the taxpayer. You wouldn't want to restrict families with small children. Small kids cost money. School & medical care for them is high. When you figure that a childs education costs about $10-15k per year, and that the parent(s) would probably make far less than that, then you would be running a negative fiscally. It would be wise to permit more skilled, and educated people in, than unskilled and uneducated for obvious reasons. You need to document so as to ensure that diseased people are not entering your country. By documenting, or having a plan in place, you could set up guidelines for people to follow in their path to citizenship. Learning english would certainly be one. Maintaining a job would be another. Also, you would deny social services to these people until they had paid their proverbial dues.

6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Now now, Nem... BOTH sides of the political spectrum deserve blame for the current state of illegal immigration. Believe you me, I am the first to criticize Bush and the Republicans for their culpability, but they are not alone is creating this problem.

Furthemore, while I know you want to blame everything on big corporations, the big corporations are not the primary offenders here. It is the local businessmen, the landscapers, the small businesses that provide maid services or day-care services, roofers, contractors, etc... Sure you occassionally get a bust at Wal-Mart or McDonald's but those companies tend to do things above board much more often then Joe's Landscaping.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  7. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Then we'll only get 51 foot tall, 21 foot wide, and 21 foot deep Mexicans coming accross, possibly shock-resistant. Is that what you're after?

8. Real World

Ratings:
    +900 / 7 / -3

Put Bush aside for a minute and lets discuss the fence. Can you do that?

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You wanna know what I want..? I want this country to treat illegals like an invading army (which they are). I want to station the military with orders to shoot to kill.

The way I see it, the ends justify the means. Shoot up a family of four one time and you've solved your illegal immigration problem forever. In the long run, you'll save tens of thousands of American lives because the hospitals will be able to stay open.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +780 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

LMAO.

I'm actually in favor of immigration from Mexico. I have zero problem with Mexicans. But it should be done in a legal, orderly manner. And, yes, that would mean favoring the 30 year old who can work over the 75 year old who will further strain our health care system.

11. Real World

Ratings:
    +900 / 7 / -3

Quigon is right. This has been a 25+ year problem. Everyone is to blame here. LEts not forget that alot of Dems want to let these people stay. So don't only blame the GOP here. No administration in my lifetime has done anything to stop illegal immigration. The only way you are going to stop it, or control it, is by implementing a comprehensive plan. Just building a fence is not oging to stop the problem, just like fining business's won't stop it either. We need a combination of sensible measures that will ensure a sealed border, adequate opportunity for immigrants to enter, and a satisfaction of employment needs for the fields that truly do need cheap labor. I think all aspects are needed to make the others work. I do not believe they need to be tossed into a single bill. I tend to like when bills are separate from one another as it limits the BS ad-ons that the politicians always stick in.

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Nem is right on this one, just as if you could stop the "American User" from buying illegal drugs the Drug Dealers would disappear, if you could stop the "American Business People" from hiring them the Illgal Alien would also, disappear (that also goes for all the rich California Limousine Liberals who hire them for 50 cents an hour to clean their toilet bowls and wash their dogs)

13. ELOrocks17

ELOrocks17 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

What we need to do is to start holding the government of Mexico accountable for the actions of thier citizens.

14. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That would work even better, I'm sure Mexico would quickly write us a check.

15. Patriots4Ever

Patriots4Ever Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

KEEP THEM OUT!!!!!!!!

16. Real World

Ratings:
    +900 / 7 / -3

I've proposed invoicing Mexico for the cost of its illegals. They've clearly aided and abedded the invasion of our country, and are thus an accesory to theft. I know they wouldn't pay us, but we could always tax the $20 Billion dollars the illegals are going to wire back into Mexico each year. I bet that would get their attention.

17. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

You're right they wouldn't pay us, and taxing them on wire transfers wouldn't do a thing either. As soon as that started offshore companies would be set up so that Mexicans could instead wire their money to Timbuktu, where it would be wired to Mexico. Of course you could just put a tax on all wire transfers, but that would affect lots and lots of other people, too.

18. Real World

Ratings:
    +900 / 7 / -3

The people get fukced no matter what I guess.

19. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Depends which people.

20. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

I agree NEM ... I mean make a fence to keep them all out or have no fence at all.... personally, I don't like the fence for a few reasons .... but that's for another thread.