Welcome to PatsFans.com

Meth

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Apr 5, 2006.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Did anyone see "Frontline" this week? It's the best show on TV and one of the few that I care to watch. This week it looked a the scourge of Chrystal meth in the west and its spread eastward. Lots of interesting apects including the ease of chemical acquisition, manufacture, and distribution. The effects on people were unbelievable.

Some of these people had before and after photos that looked like Jeckle and Hyde. The things they would do to get the stuff were unbelievable. The demographic of the users seemed to be white, lower to upper class, rural to urban regular people who quickly became total failures. They were hooked very quickly and would do anything to get it. I have personally had no contact or experience with the stuff that I know of, but man...

I was shocked at how 85% of property crime in Oregon was done by meth addicts. This drug goes on my list of things that need to be wiped out. What a mind-blower.

2. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +276 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

Meth is at an epidemic rate in the rural South. It is also the drug of choice of illegal Mexicans. It is very cheap and easy to make. If they haven't already, you will soon see your local drug store take all the anti-histamines and put them behind the counter with a numerical limit on thier purchases. Meth can easily be made from this stuff. "Meth Labs" are everywhere, however they are not the most stable places leading to horrific fires and or explosions.

If you really want to see something distgusting, there is a slide show titled "Meth-mouth" apparently your face begins to erode after continued use. It is a montague of mug shots of Meth addicts through a few years, it is really nasty, but if you ever want to show a kid why he/she shouldn't do drugs it is the trick.

Check this DEA site out: put your mouse over their pictures to see:
    http://www.justthinktwice.com/gotmeth/romance_p3.html

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +512 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

4. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

They are making some "reality-based" anti-meth ads in my state of Montana.

That billionaire Seibel is bankrolling all of them so far.

Meth not only screws up property (I would hate to be a slum lord), your teeth (that would be bad enough in my opinion)...but...it also absolutely screws up your lungs (if you smoke it), and it basically puts holes in your brain (100% serious).

You only have 1 brain. Once you put a hole in it, or many...it is irrepairable.

This is in my opinion...by far the worst man-made drug ever.

Back in the 60's or 70's, the gov experimented with it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2006
  5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

Meth has been around for a while, surprised it has not hit the east coast yet, when I lived in rural Me. there was a real run on Oxycontin, so much so that people addicted to this would rob drugstores exclusively of this drug. I have been waiting for this to hit the NE, however for some reason it has not.