Welcome to PatsFans.com

Meteorologist Says Money Behind Warming Alarmism 'Can Corrupt Anybody'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by otis p. driftwood, Jun 17, 2008.

1. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

http://www.businessandmedia.org/articles/2008/20080617110633.aspx

Interesting--of course Gore is a good liberal and wouldn't do it for the money...right? I mean, he didn't break the tie in the Senate to make them add corn ethanol to gasoline because he and his friends owned huge chunks of the corn farms and the processing plants, right?

Because Gore is a good liberal, and we all know good liberals never do anything wrong--only conservative minded people are ever wrong (or racist, or whatever)...right?

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

Geez,. a meteorologist who disagrees with Global Warming, who would have thunk.. guess he has made the rounds on the Glenn Beck show and the famous Rick and Bubba show.. bet you he believes in intelligent design, defends Bush and the whole host of right wing stuff. Wonder if he gets any money putting out his beliefs??.. but he is right wing, so it is ok to criticize anyone else.. maybe he is jealous he does not get paid as much??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Spann

Beginning in 2007, Spann could be heard by listeners of the Rick and Bubba Show, a popular syndicated radio show based in Birmingham but heard throughout the country, mainly in the Southeast. Spann's tenure began when the show switched flagship stations in Birmingham to WZZK-FM, where Spann's forecasts had been heard for some time beforehand.

Spann is also the chairman and one of the founders of AllWorship.com, a non-profit organization webcasting three streaming radio stations which feature worship music in English and Spanish. The organization grew out of WRRS, commercial FM radio station that broadcast Contemporary Christian music in the Birmingham market from 2000 to 2001

3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +563 / 22 / -19

Well, if we can accept that money influences the debate, then let's assume that the oil companies and other polluters stand to make a fortune if they're not forced to change their ways. Now, let's compare the wealth of all the major polluters with that of all the major entities that are concerned about global warming. What do we end up with? It's a far better proposition to oppose global warming than support it. The money is in opposing it for many major corporations. Thank you, a.paul (and Mr. Spann) for making an argument that clearly comes out in favor of those who oppose global warming. Now, I have no idea how much Gore gets for speeches, but frankly it's a matter of supply and demand, I suppose. Obviously, the demand for James Spann is not that great, and he sounds a little frustrated by that fact.

4. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

GJA,
    While I appreciate the fact that you have to consider the messenger in these types of situations, do you think that anyone who has dissenting opinions on this should immediately be discredited? I mean, Al Gore, the guy credited with bringing noteriety to this problem is obviously very partisan himself. Do you automatically question any dissenting opinion?

As for Spann's comments, I will say that this whole thing is quickly picking up into a fad, likely a very valuable one. I think even MMGW believers should be afraid of this, because it could definitely cheapen the movement and muddy objectives.

5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

Sounds so nice and fuzzy I want to give out random huggs, in reality if you quote someone who has a theory you should check the guy out.. pure and simple.. I did not discredit him, I pointed out that he is the financial beneficiary of his ideas as well.. to me he is a type, nothing more and nothing less.. and as that type he brings all the accompanying baggage..

I questioned and then researched the person in question, that is a pretty good way to proceed..

6. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

How is he "the financial beneficiary" of his ideas? He flatly says he doesn't accept money when he speaks...anything else he does isn't in question. After all, how is he supposed to live?

But you keep right on killing the messenger every time someone that tilts rightward posts anything. It would be nice if you'd display this same diligance with some of the whiny lefty commie crap that gets posted here on a regular basis though. You know--if you're really in it for fairness and all.

Otherwise, it just makes you appear to be a bitter partisan hack--just as you accuse everyone else of being.

7. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Umm...sigh...from the part of the post I quoted...quoted here again...

8. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

It is what it is, he does not receive money for being on the Bubba show or being on the Glenn Back show??.. yea right.. he sounds jealous of Gore that is all and he is a voice with an agenda.. is pointing that out wrong.. open you eyes..

Me a bitter partisan hack, from the poster who thinks it is ok to change someone's post to meet their needs.. and I am a partisan hack.. you got a big case on this one..

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

And we believe this guy why??

10. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Next time I see you in a left leaner's thread saying this, you might have some credibility to ask the question. Until then, you've just exposed yourself as the bitter political hack you really are.

11. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

People don't usually get money for being on shows like Bubba or Glenn Beck, no.

He's a voice with an agenda...but no word about Gore and what agenda he might have.

And I have never EVER changed a frickin post to suit my needs. I've done it about 3 times, and clearly identified it as such, and then only to make a joke, not to change the meaning of anyone's post. So why don't you just GFY, and make sure you tell Patters about it on the way out.

12. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Let us just assume global warming is a fallacy. If the result is that we cut down on pollution and reliance upon fossil fuels, does it really matter?

A second point is, do we have to prove beyond a doubt that global warming is real phenominon before we begin to act? I mean, what if it's too late?

But I really don't want to breath clean air or swim in clean lakes, streams & oceans or know I can drink the best water possible straight from my faucet anyway....hell, it's too late to do anything.

whatta you think a paul?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  13. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think you should talk to someone who's interested in having a conversation with you--and that's certainly not me. Anything I say will have you crying to mommy--it's not worth engaging you.

14. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I honestly don't care. You don't speak for anyone but yourself a paul.

I sent you a PM with an olive branch but you haven't replied. Don't say I didn't try because you know I did.

15. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

At what point did I say I spoke for anyone but myself? What are you even talking about? If you don't care, why ask me a stupid question anyway?

And if you call "I promise I won't say your posts are stupid no matter how stupid they are" a friggin' olive branch, then you're more stupid and more delusional than I thought.

Hear that, Patters?
    I called him "delusional" and "stupid".

16. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +552 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Paul, I didn't say "I promise I won't say your posts are stupid no matter how stupid they are" and you know it...lol

17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +445 / 11 / -14

If there is no MMGW then defining CO2 as a pollutant is not accurate. Most of the Greenhouse effect is provided by Water Vapor (ie H2O) selling CO2 as a pollutant is easier than water I guess.

Plants need CO2 the same way we need Oxygen to breathe. CO2 is not a pollutant, it does no harm to the ecosystem.

18. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I'm a skeptic, but I agree with this. I definitely think that the environment is an important issue, and we really should start treating the earth with more consideration. I just see politicians using this issue the way that the right are accused of using terrorism. It's the fear-mongering, doom-and-gloom tactics that the politicians use to get power so they can enact their wishes on policy under the guise of protecting us. It's the same for both sides, and that's what makes me skeptical.

But I do agree that alternative fuel and environmental consideration are important.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  19. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Quoting the PM would do no good, you'd accuse me of altering your quote.

So why don't you just go away? Stop with the comments directed at me, I'll ignore you, and everyone will be happy.

And before you get your panties wadded up, I didn't mean leave the forum when I said "go away".

BTW--did you and Deus get your little tiff ironed out? You were being pretty damn near impossible toward him in the last posts you made in the main forum.

20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +809 / 26 / -33

And you know this how, or do you just think you know or figured it out because some meteorologist says so.

You come to the conclusion that I am a political hack because I point out a discrepancy with the meteorologist.. yea right.

If you change the post, whose needs did it meet?? What a fraud.. some things are not funny.. and if you changed it to make it funny you obviously made it to suit your needs.. you should have been banned for what you did.