Welcome to PatsFans.com

Message to the democratic leadership

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Mar 30, 2007.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Recorded by Cpl Chris Mason on 11-16-2008 he was KIA in Iraq on 11-28-2006.

The video is at the bottom of the page. There are a number of videos about this soldier they are all worth watching, if you want to get to know one of the 'boys' that are protecting our country.

http://www.imageevent.com/firebase/
  2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I had to choke it back a little on this, PF13. You did good by posting this. Puts it all into perspective. What this young man said, as well as how he lived his life, is what America is all about: sacrifice for the greater good. That's the long and the short of it. With such an attitude the world will be a better place. Makes one realize that the value of one's life is not measured in quantity; it's measured in quality. Thanks very much.

//
  3. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

I notice that nto many bothered to see what this brave man had to say. Especially who obsessively post about dead soldiers. Funny how they want to speak about the feeling of the soldiers (a bit presumptively IMO) but they don't care to actually listen to a real soldier who gave his life for his country. :rolleyes:
  4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, well, you know how that goes.

//
  5. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Nobody wants to believe that they, personally are wasting their time. I did find it sad that he mentioned that the people living right around where he's stationed don't get basic services like trash removal or sanitation even after all this time. I had to wonder how those services were before the war.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Two things. He was speaking from his experiences of being in Iraq. I don't believe thsi town ever had this sort of infrastructure. The US is putting in a lot of infrastructure into this country.