PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Message to Ben Watson

Status
Not open for further replies.

kriskanos

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
It looks like you are coming back this week.(fingers crossed) But has anyone noticed? I've noticed a lot of talk about the unstoppable game changer named Dallas Clark. But even though you have missed the last 2 games you still have 5 tds this year. Do me a favor Mr. Watson go ape s***. Make them remember your name.

It looks like you are coming back this week.(fingers crossed) But has anyone noticed? I've noticed a lot of talk about the unstoppable game changer named Dallas Clark. But even though you have missed the last 2 games you still have 5 tds this year. Do me a favor Mr. Watson go ape s***. Make them remember your name.

Exactly!

It also seems not many realize Watson's 90% reception rate, and 96% DVOA are the highest among all receivers (TE & WR) in the NFL with 18 receptions or more.

* That 96% DVOA is higher than any other TE or WR in the NFL, and his 90% reception rate is second only to Atlanta TE Milner, who has just 6 receptions.

Last edited:
I think if Marvin Harrison sits out then it's only fair that Ben Watson does.

Bingo! It drives me crazy when all the pundits keep asking "How are they going to stop Dallas Clark", and the question that always pops immediately into my mind is "Well, who's going to stop ben Watson?!?"

The other thing that drives me crazy is when they say "the Colts need to keep the ball out of Tom Brady's hands" (used to be the opposite for Peyton Manning a few years ago)... it's like "excuse me, but both teams get the same number of possessions. Even if a drive takes 20 minutes, that's still only 1 score and Brady still gets his turn after that. And hey, the longer you hang on to the ball, the more opportunities there are for turnovers.

I think if Marvin Harrison sits out then it's only fair that Ben Watson does.

That would certainly be the classy thing to do. Wouldn't want to have an asterisk after the score.

Maybe we need to kick Rosie Colvin in the head to even out Freddie Keiaho's concussion.

Exactly!

It also seems not many realize Watson's 90% reception rate, and 96% DVOA are the highest among all receivers (TE & WR) in the NFL with 20 receptions or more.

Wow this is totally incredible and miraculous seeing as how Ben only has 18 catches on the year.

Wow this is totally incredible and miraculous seeing as how Ben only has 18 catches on the year.

I'm pretty sure he meant to say targeted 20 times or more.

The other thing that drives me crazy is when they say "the Colts need to keep the ball out of Tom Brady's hands" (used to be the opposite for Peyton Manning a few years ago)... it's like "excuse me, but both teams get the same number of possessions. Even if a drive takes 20 minutes, that's still only 1 score and Brady still gets his turn after that. And hey, the longer you hang on to the ball, the more opportunities there are for turnovers.

Well true, but the less Brady has the ball could also indicate mistakes and turnovers. You honestly can't say you don't understand what people mean when the say "keep the ball away from Brady." Typically the time of possession should be on the winning teams side. Now that doesn't always happen, but Brady cannot hurt you as much if he doesn't touch the ball as much.

While the teams of course change possession, the number of snaps an offense makes the better the odds of scoring. Your point that the teams get the same number of possessions is rather close-minded. Teams earn more snaps and better opportunities to score by earning a first down. The theory is tricky, but given enough first down on a particular drive, a team should put itself into scoring position.:rolleyes:

"Limiting Brady's touches" is a very valid point for the Colts defense to step up and stop him from moving the ball into scoring position. I do not feel that is a tough concept to grasp. Brady cannot lead the team to score with 3 and outs all day long on his own 20 yard line.

Damn it! I typed he had 20 catches, when he's been targeted 20 times, and has 18 receptions. Nice little flub on my part.

Anyways, he still has a 90% reception rate, and 96% DVOA. That 96% DVOA is higher than any other TE or WR in the NFL, and his 90% reception rate is second only to Atlanta TE Milner, who has just 6 receptions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing