PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Message from Wes Welker Per 83 Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's just beautiful! I wish Wes nothing but the best.

He's not my Patriot man crush #1A for nothin.'

Still not worth a #2 and #7, though. :D

I don't know what it was about him that struck a cord with me. I don't usually fall for the guy who beats us, like coach does. But he was the first player on another team I really wanted Bill to go get, at any cost. Some here scoffed at the price, but I'd have paid the high tender for that guy and I think Bill might have too. He is special. He's a throwback football player. And he's the prototypical NEP, like Tom and Tedy and Rodney and Bingo. He's the kind of heart and soul all in leader we need a couple of more of on both sides of the ball going forward. Guys who overachieve and find a way. Belichick's perfect players.

He's got a tough road ahead of him and it's not a slam dunk he can make it all the way back. But I have a feeling he will be and if not exactly the same player we lost he will still find a way to contribute just as much if not more. 'Cause as much as I anticipated he'd bring to this offense, he brought this team a whole lot more and outperformed even his own expectations.

Figures he's friends with the linebackers...

I dislike Wes Welker. I hate his work horse ethic, his die hard attitude, his love for the game, his acceptance toward being brutally punished to pick up first downs, his pleasant disposition, his lack of a prima donna attitude and most of all I hate his humble nature.

Get well soon Wes. Football is poorer for not having you on the grid iron.

Last edited:
What a damned lucky fanbase we are to have a guy like this on the team. Get well soon Wes.

Big ups to wes welker your the consummate professional! def a model for the young ball players coming up today.

Can't wait to see 83 out there again!!!!

Is he married? I love youu wesssssssssssss! Get well soon!

Huge Welker fan since the first time he stepped on the field in a Patriots uniform. WISH YOU THE BEST WES FOR A SPEEDY, YET HEALTHY, RECOVERY. Can't wait to see you back on the field because a player with your work ethic and love of the game will surely be missed by many a football fan. I know you're not afraid of the road ahead of you-been there done that.
GOD BLESS YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye