PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merriweather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Coates used to drag people all over the field, doesnt mean everyone that ever tried to tackle him sucks

So because it was a TE and other top players have missed tackles before, it's OK for our round 1 pick to have not made the play?

So because it was a TE and other top players have missed tackles before, it's OK for our round 1 pick to have not made the play?

i think it means inevitably, regardless of your talent, there's still gonna be some plays you miss

just cause he got dragged into the endzone doesnt mean hes an automatic bust

i'd rather him have his growing pains now, and have a pro-bowl caliber safety later then have him not learn how to play the game right.

so 1 bad play should get him in trouble? I saw Harrison miss a few tackles this year..is it okay for him not to make those plays because hes "older..respected..ex pro bowler?"

last time Meriweather got beat on a tackle was Quincy Wilson RUNNING HIS ASS OVER HARD in college. Guess what he did that week in practice when people criticized him? He flat out killed Kellen Winslow and got some mad props for it. Possible repeat..maybe during Colts game. Remember Colts WRs have taken big hits from us. Wayne..Stokley from Samuel and Wilson. i wanna see some

Last edited:
I'm fine with Merriweather getting humbled. It seems like that's what he needs at this point.

Yeah. Another serving of humble pie. Go Pats:rocker:

I'm not going to get too upset about just one play, but people have to lay off the excuses for Meriweather on that play. He did everything wrong on that play. He was not in the right postion, he chose the wrong angle to go at Cooley, and his tackling technique was wrong on that play. Is it the end of the world? Of course not. But I didn't see Meriweather do anything good on that play.

I am a little concerned that we are halfway through the season with Wilson out injured and we seem to see less and less of Meriweather on the field. I am not concerned he isn't starting at this point, but you would think a first round pick would start making an impact more than on special teams and mop up duty at this point in the season.

I am not calling Meriweather a bust, but I am putting him in a disapointment so far category.

i think it means inevitably, regardless of your talent, there's still gonna be some plays you miss

just cause he got dragged into the endzone doesnt mean hes an automatic bust

i'd rather him have his growing pains now, and have a pro-bowl caliber safety later then have him not learn how to play the game right.

Didn't see anyone say he was a bust, did you? I just don't make excuses for bad plays no matter who makes them. What have you seen in his play that makes you say he'll be a pro bowl safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back