PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merriman interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot Games

On the Roster
Reaction score
Did he just say that he thinks the Jets are going to win?

I'm pretty sure he said that but I can't believe he'd be stupid enough to answer that question and risk insulting a potential opponent.

I thought Sharpe was gonna ask him "Are you watching this game?"

Merriman reminded me of the character Biff in Back to the Future. Remember how Biff couldn't get the jokes right - "why don't you make like a tree and get out of here" instead of "why don't you make like a tree and leave?" Merriman said the Tomlinson "ceases to amaze me" rather than "he never ceases to maze me" during the interview. As far as anything he said: consider the (lack of) brainpower of the source.

Roids have scrambled what little he had

How is that holding? chad threw the ball right away and the receiver wasn't even to Hobbs before the ball was tipped..

I'm sure they are just shaking in their cleats. Go out and actually win something besides a Divisional title. And don't forget who your coach is along with your rookie probowl wannabe QB.

Why do they even put a cheater on the air? There are plenty of football players to talk to without having to talk to a roider. Just look at that neck, I'm sure he accidentally took something in a legal supplement.

lol and when him phillips castillo williams edwards and others are all over tom brady next week we will see who is making jokes.

marty and the chargers must be shaking in their boots now.

i'd have to say mangini is much more of an innovatinve coach than marty from what i've seen.

seattle gave rivers issues.

it's gonna be a great matchup

b/c the chargers have the great successful coach in marty....oh and the proven amazing golden boy philip rivers....with an amazing set in receivers

stop the run= chargers exit of the playoffs

Hmm Marty's team has the NFL's number 1 offense the MVP of the league Offensive player of the year and The should be Defensive player of the year. Not to mention 2 special teamers in the pro bowl. The Chargers are solid all around and your coming 3000 miles to face the league s best team. Why should the Chargers be shaking.

For the record, let's talk about playoff experience. When was the last time the Chargers won a playoff game? 1995...
I remember their last playoff game two years ago..How did that turn out for you guys versus the Jets.....Oh Yeah, Martyball at its best....
And for the record, the last time the Pats faced a first year QB who had lots of success (15-1) he got an early start on motorcycle season (See Roethlisberger, B. for reference)
I think I'd want to find out if Rodney Harrison is playing before I started boasting......

I thought Jag fans were ignorant but my God..

Why should Merriman be the DPOY? Didn't he finish 3rd? If you're gunna pimp someone, atleast pick Champ.

lol and when him phillips castillo williams edwards and others are all over tom brady next week we will see who is making jokes.

I watched a lot of Rivers in college and was never a fan. I thought the Chargers made a mistake letting Breese go. That said, he's played well for most of the year and like the Chargers, he never gives up. I think that's what really scares me about SD. Even if they're behind they keep coming. I really like the Chargers DL, especially Castillo and Olshansky. I didn't see the beginning of the interview. I thought it was a little odd for Merriman to do the interview in a tank top. Yeah, we know he's big and ripped.

QUOTE]

It's the climate and the beaches. For SD fans in particular football is just one of many enjoyable leisure passtimes from September to December. If it's gone after that they just head to the beach.

We've been all through this with he, she or it last season. Wouldn't leave us alone after that loss, until they didn't make the playoffs - then it disappeared.

What's it like having one of the two or three worst coaches in NFL history running your team?

QUOTE]

It's the climate and the beaches. For SD fans in particular football is just one of many enjoyable leisure passtimes from September to December. If it's gone after that they just head to the beach.

We've been all through this with he, she or it last season. Wouldn't leave us alone after that loss, until they didn't make the playoffs - then it disappeared.

I'm living in San Diego right now. I can tell you that this city is going crazy over the Chargers. All I see is Charger shirts and flags everywhere. I don't care if it's Hawaii, you don't wear a tank top to an interview.

I'm living in San Diego right now. I can tell you that this city is going crazy over the Chargers. All I see is Charger shirts and flags everywhere. I don't care if it's Hawaii, you don't wear a tank top to an interview.

I lived in San Diego during the Ryan Leaf years. I can tell you that the city had no clue they had an NFL franchise.

What's it like having one of the two or three worst coaches in NFL history running your team?

Nice, considering we have the talent to override it. LOL
Cam Cameron is a brilliant cooardinator, and hes the guy whos been calling the plays since week 5.

Why do they even put a cheater on the air? There are plenty of football players to talk to without having to talk to a roider. Just look at that neck, I'm sure he accidentally took something in a legal supplement.

My god get a little originallity. We've heard it all year. He tested positive in August before the season. Has passed dozens since. Quit yer whining.

You all make it sound like he's the only player in history thats failed a test.

Keep hatin cause that's all you have.

How do you figure? Um maybe you should actually take a look at Schotts W/L record before you say something so stupid. Most people consider him one of the best coaches in the history of the NFL. Yeah he's post season record sucks, but is that all a coach is measured on?

marty and the chargers must be shaking in their boots now.

i'd have to say mangini is much more of an innovatinve coach than marty from what i've seen.

seattle gave rivers issues.

it's gonna be a great matchup

Marty doesn't call the offensive signals, Cam Cameron does.
Mangini did real well with a last place schedule, but as you saw today....Mangini has a fair ways to go to reach 200 wins.

The only thing that comes to my mind when discussing the Charger/Pats match-up is the last time these two teams met. Do you remember that...... Mrs. Bunglesworthless. The Bolts wiped the Champs' tushies. What was that...22 straight home victories, and another world championship.... they really weren't that good.
I really think that the Chargers made out in this match up....The #1 seed (Chargers) and the lowest seed (#4 Pats). It should be fun... I will be there, And I predict I will be at Qualcom Stadium the next week, to see the Chargers beat the Colts or Ravens
The last point I feel I need to make from your post, On a miserable night in Seattle, where the home team was in need of a win, to clinch the NFC West, a struggling Philip Rivers launched a dart that silenced a defening crowd. Winners do that, dude. It kinda reminded me of a young Tom Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes