PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merrill Hoge at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianAZ

Rookie
Reaction score
Anyone else see his top five rankings last night?

He finally dropped the Colts from number one, down to three..But his new
number one

The Pittsburgh Steelers

What is the point of even having these polls? He seems pretty convinced that Pittsburgh will win the game in Foxboro, he also mentioned there isn't enough time in the program to explain all the reasons.

Sounds like his number one reason is Rothlisberger is playing too well to be denied...

And all this after almost losing at home to the Cleveland Browns

He's enjoying the notoriety that comes with not picking the Patriots #1.
If the Steelers win, he can tout himself a genius. If they lose, he can backtrack and join the Borg.

number one

The Pittsburgh Steelers

What is the point of even having these polls?
The point of having these polls is to give fans something to talk about and a reason to tune in and watch the show.

He's just creating controversy to create some notoriety for himself. Plus he's a Squeeler homer. Don't sweat it.

Lots of people can look like idiots. Hoge doesn't even break a sweat trying; it comes naturally.

Hoge is as big a homer as I've ever seen. Well, perhaps he doesn't beat out Johnny Most. :D The fact that his Steelers have any chance of doing anything (and they have dominated a number of their games - although certainly not on Sunday) is all it takes for it to come out in full force. True, it makes him look like a fool, but he doesn't seem to mind.

Who cares what the Hobbit has to say. Everytime he's on the radio in Pittsburgh, all he does is talk about why he should be doing the Monday night game instead of Kornhosier. Maybe it's because you look like a Hobbit, you dress like a pimp and couldn't be any more bias towards the Steelers then the Rooneys are.

I couldn't believe when I saw this yesterday on ESPN. Hodge has clearly lost his mind. How is a 7-2, who lost to the Cardinals, better than the 9-0 Patriots? What moron.

Last edited:

number one

The Pittsburgh Steelers

What is the point of even having these polls? He seems pretty convinced that Pittsburgh will win the game in Foxboro, he also mentioned there isn't enough time in the program to explain all the reasons.

Sounds like his number one reason is Rothlisberger is playing too well to be denied...

Almost lost their 3rd game of the season, Pats are 9 and 0, so let's bump Steelers to #1? GOT IT!

Who gives a sh*t what he says. He knows he's full of it. His appearance is justified on the show because they count on him to say something stupid.

Who cares what the Hobbit has to say. Everytime he's on the radio in Pittsburgh, all he does is talk about why he should be doing the Monday night game instead of Kornhosier. Maybe it's because you look like a Hobbit, you dress like a pimp and couldn't be any more bias towards the Steelers then the Rooneys are.

I don't think I am going to be able to watch him with a strait face anymore after this comment.

I don't think I am going to be able to watch him with a strait face anymore after this comment.
This will help notice that horrible Frankenstein toupee on his head? This is what I do to distract myself when hes talking. Look at the middle of it and with your eyes trace it along the sides. It is the most obvious toopee I have ever seen. I can only imagine how embarrassing it must be in person.

Last edited:

I'm glad I could help, it's the only way I can stand to watch when he's on. I picture him with hairy feet and I laugh.

Did someone say Merril Hoge is an idiot?

Those power house steelers lost to the 1-9 Jets, moron.

And now the Steelers lost to the JETS of all teams! LOL. Would love to see him defend that position for a 7-3 team now!

This will help notice that horrible Frankenstein toupee on his head? This is what I do to distract myself when hes talking. Look at the middle of it and with your eyes trace it along the sides. It is the most obvious toopee I have ever seen. I can only imagine how embarrassing it must be in person.
He underwent chemotherapy treatment for cancer a while ago. Maybe his hair never grew back?

I couldn't believe when I saw this yesterday on ESPN. Hodge has clearly lost his mind. How is a 7-2, who lost to the Cardinals, better than the 9-0 Patriots? What moron.

Of course he lost his mind. He is a fashion disaster. I mean, who told him it was ok to wear a green striped shirt, pink tie, and grey blazer? Who the F choese his wardrobe? Helen Keller?

number one

The Pittsburgh Steelers

I wonder if the Steelers will still be #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes