Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
ESPN which was on here at the time, was showing clips of the Cowboys/Eagles game yesterday. I watched it to see just how bad and unmotivated the Cowboys looked. As I watched it, they aired a clip of Wade Phillips calling for a punt on 4th down and 1, down by 24. Romo told Phillips that they were going to go for it and, like Manning in 2005, waved the punting team off the field.

Hodge then goes on to say that you should only have one leader on a team. This is true. Then he makes a point about the Colts saying (exactly): "In the playoffs a couple of years ago, the Colts had the same problem. Down and looking at 4th and short. Dungy wanted to punt it and Manning wanted to go for it. You know what happened? The Colts punted". What? No they didn't. If I remember correctly, they went for it while the camera showed a shot of Dungy's face on the sideline... and made it. Eventually, the Steelers won the game anyway but the situation in which Hodge is talking about is actually the other way around.

I don't know if he was doing this to wax the Colts ass or if he is just misinformed. Either way, this is a perfect example of ESPN sports "journalism". Did anyone else see this?

Don't watch ESPN, and Hodge will never be called to provide expert testimony in any trial.....

But it doesn't surprise me, most of these so call analysts are simply reading teleprompters....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye