PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merril Hoge Colts 12 win season streak more impressive then Patriots undefeated seasn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Merril Hoge Colts 12 win season streak more impressive then Patriots undefeated s

When the pats were around 9-0 and the steelers had 2 loses at that time, he had the steelers ranked #1 in his overall rankings. He has no credibility and his agenda gets in his own way.
When a journalist or sports analyst loses all objectivity, that individual loses all credibility.

Last edited:
Re: Merril Hoge Colts 12 win season streak more impressive then Patriots undefeated s

When a journalist or sports analysts loses all objectivity, that individual loses all credibility.

Very true. And ESPN TV/Radio is teetering on the ledge with the exception of a couple of reasonable voices. Colin Cowherd and R.Jaworski come to mind.

i dont know how hoge, bettis, and marshall faulk got jobs as analysts. theyre 3 of the most biased ppl ive heard, let alone on tv. has hoge EVER picked against the steelers?? its a joke.

i cant wait for someone to call this fool out one day. like when eisen called out faulk right before the giants game for being a pats hater, THAT made me an eisen fan for life.

that reminds me of hearing something bettis say before the playoffs started about the jags-steelers matchup. after jax carved up pittsburgh in the reg season, bettis said somethin like "oh the next time WILL be different on the part of pitt's defense... TRUST ME" and they ended up surrendering MORE points to the jags in the rematch. this guy is a joke along with hoge.

Last edited:

Over the last 5 years during their so-called streak, the Colts are 63-17 in the regular season. The Pats are 66-14. In the playoffs the Colts are 7-3. The Pats are 10-2. It's just another example of the Colts shouting "We're #2, We're #2!"

Over the last 5 years during their so-called streak, the Colts are 63-17 in the regular season. The Pats are 66-14. In the playoffs the Colts are 7-3. The Pats are 10-2. It's just another example of the Colts shouting "We're #2, We're #2!"

as well as the pats being 5-3 against the colts h2h

Yeah, that's quite the impressive run they've been on. Too bad the Patriots have more regular season victories (66) in the same timeframe than the Colts do (63). And I believe the Pats have won a SB or two in that timeframe as well.

No kidding. Whats more impressive: Being consistently very good, or being a mix of great and good.

The Boston Bruins made it to 28 straight playoff appearances; and didn't have any stanley cups in the last 24 (or so) of them. Is that better than teams that didn't make every playoff but had a few stanley cups in the middle (say NJ, Colorado, Detriot, etc)?

Of course not. Nobody remembers consistency. They remember greatness.

I'd take more wins overall; and more superbowls; over more 'seasons of atleast x wins' or 'seasons in a row with a playoff appearance'

Hoge has the worst hairpiece in the league

Hoge is a moron. He has NO credibility to go with. He makes no sense.

Well, he's always on the other side, we know that, but in this case he has a legitimate point. If five straight hasn't been done before, then it is a bit unique, isn't it?

My question to him would be: Why make the comparison AT ALL? What purpose does it serve to compare the orange and the apple? For a "smart" guy to do something like that leaves me with no choice but to think he did it purposely to tear somebody down.

What's harder - getting an A in English or Math? Ridiculous.

Hoge is a moron. He has NO credibility to go with. He makes no sense.

Being a moron doesn't mean you have no credibility. In the Moron Crowd he's a living legend - a hero.

Hey, it's a good living.

It is so comical to the point of being pathetic. Stretching to find something - anything - to put the Colts on a pedestal. As well as the overall wins/losses that several folks posted, which makes his comments stupid, are the other little items in that period. The Patriots have the 19 game regular season win streak which the Colts do NOT have. And the Patriots have a perfect season, which the Colts do NOT have. It's ludicrous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back