PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meriweather...

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a rookie playing in a complex system, for a team who is deep at safety. He can take all the time he needs.

Please tell this to National Sports Advisors who seems to not understand this concept.

Patience is hard to teach to 8 year olds... ;)

NEM doesn't post here. Please stop perpetuating lies. Especially you newbies who have NO IDEA about him. And hey, if you're NOT a newbie, then you shouldn't be posting under multiple usernames.

Sorry man, it was a joke. I have nothing against the guy, I hope he's doing well. And just because a post count is low doesn't mean I haven't been reading this site for a couple of years.

It's encouraging that he made the leap over an undrafted player and an injured street free agent. He earned the sixth DB spot in practice, so the team must be satisfied that he is progressing.

That said, he hasn't shown much other than making the field. He made the plays that were there, but dropped an easy interception. He didn't whiff, like he did earlier in the season, but he didn't blow up anything in front of him, he didn't cut down a runner, he didn't turn in any big plays.

Hopefully the playing time will be helpful and he will pick up the defense better over the coming offseason. He has a huge opportunity. Who knows if Rodney will be back, and Wilson is likely departing. Sanders can switch to Rodney's position, and Meriweather has the chance to compete for a starting spot.

Wilson did very well his rookie season, so it has been done. Let's hope Meriweather progresses enough to be an option there next year.

I don't agree with this statement, sorry.

I don't think his nice hit and strip on one Miami return would be considered your average expected play.

His big hit on defense was also a very good play. Remember, Ginn got into the open field, made other defenders miss, and looked to have some daylight. Suddenly Meriweather comes up and nails him. That's exactly what you want to see from your Safeties. He obviously needs to work on his hands with the nerf this offseason, but it was nice to see him reading the QB, and getting in position to make the pass breakup. Brandon was also the last defender when Troy Brown let that punt bounce off his facemask, and he made the tackle.

Overall he made some pretty nice plays in that game, and I think he's started to show signs of development. That combined with his hard work (he's won at least two black jersies, and during training camp he was the first player to the next drill), and the fact that NE drafted him in the first round gives me hope that he'll develop into a nice Safety over the next year or two. I've had that opinion the whole way (said I wanted them to draft him back in Febuary), but it was still nice to see him actually start to show some of his ability.

If I get into a brawl or a shoot out, I want meriweather backing me up.

If I get into a brawl or a shoot out, I want meriweather backing me up.

For THAT you dug up a 9 month old thread? Pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back