2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Meriweather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, and Bill was pissed at Meriweather when he came off and he seemed to be trying to plead his case to the rest of his defensive teamates thereafter which means he wasn't accountable. Kid can hit, but he's got some real issues with coachability and discipline and accountability. I think if he could have kept him on the bench Bill would have. Mental mistakes are a real thing with Bill and guys who keep making the same ones find themselves on thin ice with him.

Exactly.

Sorry to interrupt the Stomper Meriweather Fan Club meeting, but if Page didn't get injured and Sanders wasn't inactive, then this dirty, undisciplined, fundamentally unsound moron would've sat on the pine for perhaps the rest of the damn game.

Sometimes your aim is off when you try and tackle a moving object. Not all the time however but sometimes. I don't think Meriweather tries to hit people in the head but it happens because he's an aggressive hitter who maybe can't aim well enough. ;)

I do wish he'd play under control a tad bit more but I don't want to see him any less aggressive out there. I love the way he lays the lumber out there.

I wish Merriweather would show up at a few of these posters homes and pull a Heap on them.

What was the call on the 2nd Meriweather hit at the goalline? I swear I saw the ref signal illegal contact which has to be impossible.

What was the call on the 2nd Meriweather hit at the goalline? I swear I saw the ref signal illegal contact which has to be impossible.

Illegal contact on Merriweather. That call was complete BS even if they meant to call it on Arrington.

Terrible, terrible call thankfully the Defense held and didn't allow a TD on the renewed set of downs.

So how do you know he was laughing with other players, if you don't know who any of the other players are?

And honestly, why do you give a ****?
People on this board have said they've read this.

And I don't care, I'm just coming from what the Pats want out of their players.

I could easily see us trying to replace Meriweather in the next year, depending on how the other guys look.

Watch that Merriweather hit again, it looks like he was already launched and was going to hit Heap in the midsection, Heap went up for the ball and he miscaculated and as Heap came down Merriweather already had his head down and didnt see where he was about to hit him.
I know its no excuse and he should get fined and suspended or whatever they do. He has to be aware of where hes hitting but I think he thought he was going to hit him in the body.

+1, I certainly thought he deserved the flag, but, Heap is a big dood. He jumped up, and as he was coming down Merriweather caught him in the helmet.

I could easily see us trying to replace Meriweather in the next year, depending on how the other guys look.

If there's one position where you can go from Pro Bowl to benched in a hurry, it's safety, perhaps even over QB.

Still, I think he'll bounce back.

Simkin I hope you've been smashed all day, because I've never seen someone consistently push out so many moronic posts.

Simkin should recall the Abraham Lincoln comment when asked about a supposedly taciturn fool. Abe advised him to stay quiet and he should keep quiet, else when he speaks he will remove all doubt about his imbecility.;)

+1, I certainly thought he deserved the flag, but, Heap is a big dood. He jumped up, and as he was coming down Merriweather caught him in the helmet.

When I saw the replay, you can tell that BM was already going for the hit, but because Heap had jumped and was coming down, he hit him higher than I think he meant to!

Exactly.

Sorry to interrupt the Stomper Meriweather Fan Club meeting, but if Page didn't get injured and Sanders wasn't inactive, then this dirty, undisciplined, fundamentally unsound moron would've sat on the pine for perhaps the rest of the damn game.

I'd refer you too Capn, to the Abe Lincoln comment, as it applies.:p

I prefer the comment made by Mike Lombardi to yours. He said that, "The Pats are secure with their two Probowl blossoming Safeties for half a decade or more." :)

Meriweather is a punk who's more interested in making an ESPN highlight than making a actual play. Would like to see Bill sit his overrated arse for an entire game.
BTW why do Dale and Holley have this punk as a weekly guest on their show?? He sucks.

I wish Merriweather would show up at a few of these posters homes and pull a Heap on them.

Besides Jack Bauer's reasoned defense (IMHO) of Meriweather, this is the best post of this thread.

I was pretty disappointed in seeing this. I'm not going to comment on whether it was intentional or not since really only Brandon knows that. However, it made me feel a little like a Jets fan, something I don't care to make a habit of. The only distinction being at least I know for sure that the hit wasn't requested by BB. He looked pretty disappointed as well.

I hope Brandon learns from this incident and we don't see this kind of play from him again.

His bone head helmet to helmet was just dumb. For someone that all the younger guys look to for leadership not good. If guys like Spikes and Niko arew playing smarted than him, then keep him on the sideline

His bone head helmet to helmet was just dumb. For someone that all the younger guys look to for leadership not good. If guys like Spikes and Niko arew playing smarted than him, then keep him on the sideline

except spikes and niko arnt playing FS

I was pretty disappointed in seeing this. I'm not going to comment on whether it was intentional or not since really only Brandon knows that. However, it made me feel a little like a Jets fan, something I don't care to make a habit of. The only distinction being at least I know for sure that the hit wasn't requested by BB. He looked pretty disappointed as well.

I hope Brandon learns from this incident and we don't see this kind of play from him again.

He hasn't and we will unless he gets benched permanently. He's on WEEI now and he's been told if he played off he'd have intercepted it. Apparently by several folks... Doesn't care. Doesn't care what Rodney says either. Seems to want to embrace the nonsense Vince (who will sadly never be the kind of leader on defense this team is now sadly lacking) spewed earlier. He will not change his style of agressive play no matter what anyone says. Mr. Yuks...what a clown. No accountability, everything's a joke. Bill needs to pull him off the air for his own good.

He hasn't and we will unless he gets benched permanently. He's on WEEI now and he's been told if he played off he'd have intercepted it. Apparently by several folks... Doesn't care. Doesn't care what Rodney says either. Seems to want to embrace the nonsense Vince (who will sadly never be the kind of leader on defense this team is now sadly lacking) spewed earlier. He will not change his style of agressive play no matter what anyone says. Mr. Yuks...what a clown. No accountability, everything's a joke. Bill needs to pull him off the air for his own good.

That is distressing news. As much as I hate it when he's out of the game, I do hope he gets benched. Sounds like he needs it. Again.

:confused: How would Spikes and Nink keep Merriweather on the sideline?

Edit: ALP beat me to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back