Replies:
Asking for your support

Meriweather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Step away from the bong?
Gee, I'm sorry Jack, but I'm not a ******ed drug addict like the rest of the folks that disagree with the common theme around here, I mean that MUST be the theme you guys are looking at ....correct?
This guy is NOT that good, he is continually out of position, and makes STUPID decisions to boot, even though he has a good coach and was helped by one of the BEST EVER at his position.
Please LMK when he becomes a quality startring safety, I'd be glad to know when he gets his sht together.

TYVM for your expertise in advance.

Apt name selection fool

even conceding Merry is not the brightest bulb

Last edited:
Not only are you borderline incoherent, pretty much everything you wrote is completely opposite from the truth. Good stuff.
Incoherent?

Incoherent? Really Jack?
I purposely misspelled one word, and missed another by one letter....boo hoo.. other than not you have ZERO to say man......which I figure is pretty much true to your normal way of doing things when what you have is irrelevant.

WTG Man, you impress me as much as a toothache, move along until you have something at least relevant to say.

Thanks for your participation.

The headhunting sucks. Lord knows we've raised a stink on many occasions when our players are victims of it. But I don't think suspensions will happen, the players union will fight it and Fuhrer Goodell fears the union.

I always thought he was WAY overrated.
This guys is NOT the replacement for Rodney, he never was and never will be.
He's a mediocre player that makes DUMB mistakes even though he's being/been taught by the best.
If he doesn't get it soon he'll be considered a wasted pick.
A wasted pick? Kindly remove the "1stDown" from your screen name.

Meriweather better receive the same fine the Jets safety got after he jacked Welker up in the head.

??

Meriweather played well. I certainly don't approve of his headhunting, but BB could have benched him after the penalty. Guess what? He didn't.

I agree don't know why everyone is upset the Pats safety we get cheap hits all time done to us ie: Ryan Clark against Wes Welker a couple of years ago, Wes Welker this year against the JESTS and if anyone who was watchin today no ones even talking about the Bullsh@t Suggs was tryin to pull on Brady how this wasnt called a late hit must be cool with the fans since that style of play is going around league wide anyways some dont like because it was a good guy like Heap but Suggs is just as guilty Brady had the ball gone please see below

Attachments

• lhit.jpg
    lhit.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 211
This is a dumbass thread.

I guess this is football in 2010? We complain when someone makes a big hit, 15 yards sucks but I didn't see to many catches over the middle today. Ronnie Lott must shake his head in disgust every Sunday.

Last edited:
Please LMK when he becomes a quality startring safety, I'd be glad to know when he gets his sht together.
You want us to tell you when he makes the pro bowl? Will that do?

TYVM for your expertise in advance.
He's been posting here a long time, with some pretty decent analysis. It's fine for newbie's to post - fresh takes on old topics are valuable - but so far you have shown us nothing but goofiness in the few days you've been with us.

A wasted pick? Kindly remove the "1stDown" from your screen name.

"If he doesn't get it soon he'll be a wasted pick"

Taught by the best, trained by the best, and still a mediocre player that makes Bad decisions and is NOT a difference maker.

Get it Spacey?:bricks:

I guess this is football in 2010? We complain when someone makes a big hit, 15 yards sucks but I didn't see to many catches over the middle today. Ronnie Lott must shake his head in disgust every Sunday.

I guess I'm torn. I like my safeties to be mean and nasty, but I also don't like to see a guy get his neck broken from a hit under the chin with the crown of the defender's helmet. Like I said, Meriweather could have had the same effect had he made the hit leading with his shoulder.

Agreed. Pats receivers get whacked often enough. Let some of it flow the other way.

Besides, football is a game of emotion. You can't have a guy go all out an be an intimidator (which we seriously need in our D) without crossing the line once in a while. Better an occasional 15 yard penalty than never to hit hard. Meriweather looked like Eugene Wilson out there. Glad Heap is okay, but I hope he develops alligator arms when we meet Baltimore in the playoffs.

I guess I'm torn. I like my safeties to be mean and nasty, but I also don't like to see a guy get his neck broken from a hit under the chin with the crown of the defender's helmet. Like I said, Meriweather could have had the same effect had he made the hit leading with his shoulder.

+1
Forceful hits are fine with me as long as they're below the neck.

Last edited:
You want us to tell you when he makes the pro bowl? Will that do?

He's been posting here a long time, with some pretty decent analysis. It's fine for newbie's to post - fresh takes on old topics are valuable - but so far you have shown us nothing but goofiness in the few days you've been with us.

First of all a persons post count means absolutely jack ****, except to prove whether or not a person is a homer ****** or not.
Goofiness? WTF is goofiness Mr. Knowitall?
I have stated what are facts, Merriweather is a MEDIOCRE Safety that is a dirty bastard, stats back that up, he is the gate, and that gate is CONSTANTLY wide open!

Geez, James Sanders,he of the wrong angle tackle" took over" for his dumbass last year because he was PATHETIC and inneffective.

Lets not talk stupid now OK Spacey, I know that'll be something new for you, but see if you can keep up.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

I never want to see people get hurt, but it is part of the game and these guys know the risks. Even if he leads with his shoulder he still gets fined for launching into a defenseless receiver. I would love to hear what guys like Lott and Atwater think of the new rules. They made it to the Hall of Fame by making hits like that.

The NFL has already given the defense a vasectomy, its only a matter of time before they neuter them too.

The headhunting sucks. Lord knows we've raised a stink on many occasions when our players are victims of it. But I don't think suspensions will happen, the players union will fight it and Fuhrer Goodell fears the union.

Come on, man. If Goodell feared the union, there would be a new CBA already.

First of all a persons post count means absolutely jack ****, except to prove whether or not a person is a homer ****** or not.
Goofiness? WTF is goofiness Mr. Knowitall?
I have stated what are facts, Merriweather is a MEDIOCRE Safety that is a dirty bastard, stats back that up, he is the gate, and that gate is CONSTANTLY wide open!

Geez, James Sanders,he of the wrong angle tackle" took over" for his dumbass last year because he was PATHETIC and inneffective.

Lets not talk stupid now OK Spacey, I know that'll be something new for you, but see if you can keep up.

Thanks

Dear Ian;

Thank you for the "Ignore" feature.

Steve

I never want to see people get hurt, but it is part of the game and these guys know the risks. Even if he leads with his shoulder he still gets fined for launching into a defenseless receiver. I would love to hear what guys like Lott and Atwater think of the new rules. They made it to the Hall of Fame by making hits like that.

The NFL has already given the defense a vasectomy, its only a matter of time before they neuter them too.

Lott would never be able to play in today's league. He would be broke by now.

I was wondering who the next "whipping boy" would be :cool:

Lott would never be able to play in today's league. He would be broke by now.

HAHA....:D That is true. He would probably be serving a lifetime suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes