2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Meriweather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dumb play, but all you calling for him to be benched, while pining for the days of Rodney Harrison, must have a tremendous case of amnesia.:rolleyes:

I always thought he was WAY overrated.
This guys is NOT the replacement for Rodney, he never was and never will be.
He's a mediocre player that makes DUMB mistakes even though he's being/been taught by the best.
If he doesn't get it soon he'll be considered a wasted pick.

One thing they PERHAPS should do is take Meriweather off the jumbotron where they have a video of him telling the crowd to stand up and get loud. It just adds to the "swaggerin' dude" image he's trying to project.

The same that the Harrison comparation, you can be a swagga guy if you cant tackle .

Simkin I hope you've been smashed all day, because I've never seen someone consistently push out so many moronic posts.

Yeah Meriweather and Harrison are the same...:D:D:D .

with how much everyone like you has complained about how we need someone other than James Sanders, now you want to replace Meriweather too? Some of us will just never be satisfied. Look, we went from having a very intelligent safety in Rodney Harrison (and being spoiled) to not having him, and now we're like every other team in the league at the safety position. You're clearly overreacting.

That was an ugly hit and the fact that it would have been an incomplete pass without it made it just that much worse. That being said, I like his play though he seems lost at times.

Page left the game unable to put any weight on his left leg and didn't look like he would return for a while. Meriweather took a bad penalty, but he brings a physical presence to the backfield. If he can become more disciplined, he and Chung could be a very athletic pair on the back end.

I always thought he was WAY overrated.
This guys is NOT the replacement for Rodney, he never was and never will be.
He's a mediocre player that makes DUMB mistakes even though he's being/been taught by the best.
If he doesn't get it soon he'll be considered a wasted pick.

Please step away from the bong.

At this point, he'll never be considered a wasted pick.

Problems with headhunting.......against the Ravens?

Are you serious? Hell, we should start a fund to pay the fine and offer a bonus the next time we play them.

Sorry, but that dirty, over estrogened team deserves everything they have coming.

Wow, some of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board, and all in the same post! Way to go!

He was on the field the entire 4th quarter and OT, and I thought our D looked pretty good.

He was obviously aggressive during the plays, seeing how he was going for the "blow up" but Heap didn't have the ball.

He is about 180 degrees away from "afraid of real contact".

Reading your knee jerk reactions suck.

^
l____ What he said

No doubt that the head to head against Heap should have been called and that no one supports a head hunting strong safety, but to overlook what Merriweather's speed and physicality adds to our defense is a huge mistake.

Please step away from the bong.

At this point, he'll never be considered a wasted pick.
Step away from the bong?
Gee, I'm sorry Jack, but I'm not a ******ed drug addict like the rest of the folks that disagree with the common theme around here, I mean that MUST be the theme you guys are looking at ....correct?
This guy is NOT that good, he is continually out of position, and makes STUPID decisions to boot, even though he has a good coach and was helped by one of the BEST EVER at his position.
Please LMK when he becomes a quality startring safety, I'd be glad to know when he gets his sht together.

TYVM for your expertise in advance.

Some of you guys are crazy.
He played well, just not in those penalties. He is still one our best defensive players, although he is going through a bad moment in his career. He is still a really good football player.

Step away from the bong?
Gee, I'm sorry Jack, but I'm not a ******ed drug addict like the rest of the folks that disagree with the common theme around here, I mean that MUST be the theme you guys are looking at ....correct?
This guy is NOT that good, he is continually out of position, and makes STUPID decisions to boot, even though he has a good coach and was helped by one of the BEST EVER at his position.
Please LMK when he becomes a quality startring safety, I'd be glad to know when he gets his sht together.

TYVM for your expertise in advance.

Not only are you borderline incoherent, pretty much everything you wrote is completely opposite from the truth. Good stuff.

Meriweather gave way to Page after the hit, though Meriweather was still in some sub packages. But Page was injured in the second half and with Sanders out, Meriweather was back.

Yup, and Bill was pissed at Meriweather when he came off and he seemed to be trying to plead his case to the rest of his defensive teamates thereafter which means he wasn't accountable. Kid can hit, but he's got some real issues with coachability and discipline and accountability. I think if he could have kept him on the bench Bill would have. Mental mistakes are a real thing with Bill and guys who keep making the same ones find themselves on thin ice with him.

im so glad people here cant make personnel decisions for this team

I don't know about you guys, but I rather like safeties who have a reputation of being a little "dirty". Helps with the intimidation factor. Rodney lecturing on playing clean? Haha.

I don't mind it either. I openly opined for Ryan Clark a few years back. And I agree that it's funny that Rodney was lecturing there. If anybody should be lecturing on clean play, it is not Rodney Harrison. I actually laughed out loud when he said that his "hit zone" was the chest area. Yeah right, Rodney. Your hit area was anywhere that you could make the hit. That includes, but is not limited to: chest area, kneecap, head, chin, ribcage, and back.

HOWEVER, with all of that said, it wouldn't surprise me to see the NFL come down on Meriweather with a multiple game suspension. Two games would seem about appropriate. While I liked the way that Ravens receivers didn't seem so willing to go over the middle after that hit, the hit was clearly filthy. He could have accomplished the same thing leading with his shoulder pad as he did leading with the crown of his helmet. He's lucky Heap didn't break his neck.

Not only are you borderline incoherent, pretty much everything you wrote is completely opposite from the truth. Good stuff.

To be fair, Meriweather was just recently benched for freelancing. So his claim about Meriweather being out of position is a correct one, for the most part. On top of all of that, he has shown a propensity to make some pretty dumb decision, the hit today being one of them. Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get suspended by the NFL for a game or two.

To be fair, Meriweather was just recently benched for freelancing. So his claim about Meriweather being out of position is a correct one, for the most part. On top of all of that, he has shown a propensity to make some pretty dumb decision, the hit today being one of them. Like I said, it wouldn't surprise me to see him get suspended by the NFL for a game or two.

Hey, I did say pretty much everything he wrote.

I don't disagree with your points. I just don't get the hate for the guy, and I think the defense is definitely better when he's in the game.

Last edited:
Hey, I did say pretty much everything he wrote.

I don't disagree with your points. I just don't get the hate for the guy, and I think the defense is definitely better when he's in the game.

This is true. I began to shudder when Page was in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes