PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meriweather PI Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who give a rats' azz the Pats won the friggin game.

Meriweather has as much right to the ball as Wallace does. Wallace ran into Meriweather. The "push-off" you are talking about was Meriweather's reaction to Wallace running into him to begin with..

Damn, I wish I had my DVR hooked to my computer, I'd post the damn thing..

Wallace had his head turned....he didn't even know where meriweather was. Meriweather initiated the contact.

on that play, the right call was made.

WHAT? Meriweather did no such thing.. Clearly don't know what you are talking about.. Wallace is the one who initiated the contact.
It was obvious a while ago that IllegalContact doesn't have a clue about much because of his troll like posting history. He incites stupid commentary and not much else.

Meriweather defended the ball perfectly. You cannot argue against the video footage as IllegalContact is trying to do. It was a OPI that fell in line with the other bogus calls and no calls that favor Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh every game.

In Pittsburgh, the credibility and integrity of the referees should be called into question. Shame the Commissioner doesn't have the bollocks for it.

Last edited:
Wallace had his head turned....he didn't even know where meriweather was. Meriweather initiated the contact.

on that play, the right call was made.

Sorry, but you just don't know what you are talking about. Meriweather had position on Wallace and was going for the ball himself. Wallace ran into him. Wallace initiated the contact. LEARN the rules instead of making things up.

Last edited:
Sorry, but you just don't know what you are talking about. Meriweather had position on Wallace and was going for the ball himself. Wallace ran into him. Wallace initiated the contact. LEARN the rules instead of making things up.

Correct, the ball was thrown to the sideline and BM was closer to the sideline the entire play. I commented in the game thread that WRs should start running into defenders to initiate contact and get the defensive PI flag. Terrible call.

It was obvious a while ago that IllegalContact doesn't have a clue about much because of his troll like posting history. He incites stupid commentary and not much else.

Meriweather defended the ball perfectly. You cannot argue against the video footage as IllegalContact is trying to do. It was a OPI that fell in line with the other bogus calls and no calls that favor Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh every game.

In Pittsburgh, the credibility and integrity of the referees should be called into question. Shame the Commissioner doesn't have the bollocks for it.

okay......if you say so.

LOL at you and the other 'expert' DaBruinz. Like you 2 nitwits know something.

Get used to bogus PI calls like that. That call was simply a preview of what's to come this Sunday.

Get used to bogus PI calls like that. That call was simply a preview of what's to come this Sunday.

Exactly. I expect two or three bogus calls, and likely all in the second half.

The sensible thing to do would be to make those 15-yarders, but Polian will never let that happen.

okay......if you say so.

LOL at you and the other 'expert' DaBruinz. Like you 2 nitwits know something.

I'm no expert. But I do know the rules. Something you clearly don't. Heck, my left little toe knows more about football than you do.

maybe you should learn the rules........you don't know what you are talking about

Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

(b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(c) Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball.

(e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball.

(f) Hooking a receiver in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the receiver’s body to turn prior to the ball arriving.

I'm no expert. But I do know the rules. Something you clearly don't. Heck, my left little toe knows more about football than you do.

LOL.....no you don't....but you do know how to act like a ****.....you're real good at that

Last edited:
I find it amusing that most media people believe NFL officiating is not biased. There are clear influences in this league and a commish who is a plant as well.

We have had at least two superbowl runs ended due to intentionally misleading officiating, IMO.

This game was just biz as usual. The Steelers have ALWAYS benefitted from officiating since I have watched football, and only teams like the Colts seem to have weaseled their way further into the inner circle.

The fact is that if the officiating was viewed as a problem by the powers that be, it would have been corrected ages ago.

Officials are human. They are swayed by the home crowd. This is one of the reasons home field in the playoffs is absolutely critical. Of all the bad PI calls against the Pats over the years, the only ones i can think of took place on the road.

Putting Illegal Contact on my ignore list was one of the best things I've done here. I suggest you do it as well and not allow yourself to be baited by his trolling.

Putting Illegal Contact on my ignore list was one of the best things I've done here. I suggest you do it as well and not allow yourself to be baited by his trolling.

trolling? with valid points?

heh......you're ignoring me, but not really

I thought the call could have gone either way, but in the end, and I hate to say it, I agree more with IllegalContact. I also saw a lot of holding by the Steelers, but they also showed Crumpler blocking on one of BJGE's runs and he was definitely holding. Overall, I didn't mind the officiating this week.

I thought the call could have gone either way, but in the end, and I hate to say it, I agree more with IllegalContact. I also saw a lot of holding by the Steelers, but they also showed Crumpler blocking on one of BJGE's runs and he was definitely holding. Overall, I didn't mind the officiating this week.

Did you watch the game on ESPN Gamecast or something?

the OPI on Gronkowski was a worse call, but you could even see that one given the way he appeared to use his arms.......it was a rookie call

the OPI on Gronkowski was a worse call, but you could even see that one given the way he appeared to use his arms.......it was a rookie call

Agreed. Ben Coats made a living on that type of move.

I do agree that BM got hosed on that call. He was looking at the ball and the contact seemed incidental.

Did you watch the game on ESPN Gamecast or something?

Nope, although I am sure you did.

I actually watch the games, I saw it in HD on a 120" screen and we watched the play 5 or 6 times, once again, it was one of those calls it irked you they called it, but you could see why they did, and I could see it being called either way. Unlike many of those PI calls from past Colts games.

Nope, although I am sure you did.

I actually watch the games, I saw it in HD on a 120" screen and we watched the play 5 or 6 times, once again, it was one of those calls it irked you they called it, but you could see why they did, and I could see it being called either way. Unlike many of those PI calls from past Colts games.

Sorry, but no. The officiating was abysmal all game long, the PI on Meriweather notwithstanding, and if you couldn't see it on a 120" screen, you might want to see your optometrist about some stronger prescription lenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back