Welcome to PatsFans.com

Meriweather in the offseason

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by captadamnj, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captadamnj

captadamnj Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What a game, Pats had their chances. Can't single out any one play/player/coaching move as the reason for losing, the Pats left a lot of opportunities out on the field tonite, but a great game to watch, only wish the outcome was different. Enjoyed watching the game and look forward to the rest of the season.

Anyway, I've been impressed with the strides Meriweather has made this past offseason with his hands and he seems to have developed a better nose for the ball. That said, who else thinks the next step for him is to bulk up if he is going to be on the field as a safety moving forward? When is the last time he took on a RB or TE and didn't get knocked backwards 2 yards? He's there, looks to be doing a good job for the most part wrapping up, but he's just losing the one-on-one battle for the extra yard. Rodney was missed tonite.

Go Pats!
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  2. BradyManny

BradyManny Rookie

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0

Re: Merriweather in the Offseason

Yup, I thought Meriweather has been one of their best defenders all season, but last nite was his weakest game thus far. It's not that he played poorly consistently, he had a lot of tackles and got involved in run support, and there weren't many passes completed in his area. That's all good. But I hear what you are saying, and I agree, there were a few key plays where he missed a tackle. The 3rd and 15, if he had gone in for a bigger hit, Keller is stopped short.
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  3. Bostonian1962

Bostonian1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

AGREE! He must get stronger, and also practice saying in the mirror, and I will wrap up on my tackles, I will wrap up on my tackles, I will wrap up on my tackles.
  4. BionicPatriot

BionicPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think hes been missing things all year, I don't see the playmaking he's doing that everyone claims, he really needs to improve on tackling along with coverage. safeties have killed us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.