PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meriweather comes in with impressive stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushnPencils

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Although this may be common knowledge to the rest of the gurus on here, I didn't know Meriweather is the leader in career tackles for DB's at the "U".

With all the great Db's, specifically safeties they've had, as well as the mediocre team he played with last year, I think that's a pretty impressive feat.

His Wiki entry is below. NickName: HitStick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Meriweather

Last edited:
I heard the Larry ****er interview on weei the other day and was very impressed with what he said about Meriweather. He basically said that he was a terrific kid who was very smart on the field. He also said that people that know him have zero concerns about his charactor.

He said that Meriweather lined up against Calvin Johnson two years in a row and did a great job of shutting him down...

Anyway, you can hear the interview in eei's archives.....

I heard the Larry ****er interview on weei the other day and was very impressed with what he said about Meriweather. He basically said that he was a terrific kid who was very smart on the field. He also said that people that know him have zero concerns about his charactor.

He said that Meriweather lined up against Calvin Johnson two years in a row and did a great job of shutting him down...

Anyway, you can hear the interview in eei's archives.....

The way I look at it, at the least if he becomes Eugene Wilson of 2 years ago minus the injuries and fragility, I'll be very happy.

Yeah. We have a great chance of winning the BCS championship.

Cliff Kingsbury was lighting up the league a few years back too. Come on. These are stats against colleges. All the draftees are going to have impressive stats. They're the ones with pro-level talent. It's whether they do it against the pros that counts.

But by the way, I do like Hit Stick, and think he's going to be a major find. Just being cranky.

PFnV

Cliff Kingsbury was lighting up the league a few years back too. Come on. These are stats against colleges. All the draftees are going to have impressive stats.
A lot of really good DBs have passed through Miami - it's nothing to laugh at.

Yeah. We have a great chance of winning the BCS championship.

Cliff Kingsbury was lighting up the league a few years back too. Come on. These are stats against colleges. All the draftees are going to have impressive stats. They're the ones with pro-level talent. It's whether they do it against the pros that counts.

But by the way, I do like Hit Stick, and think he's going to be a major find. Just being cranky.

PFnV

Wow you are Cranky. I'm gonna start calling you DaPatsFanInVa.:D

I realize that he's going to have some gawdy stats coming out of college, but my point was with all the talented DB's that have come through that program, the fact that he owns the career tackling record is a pretty impressive feat.

okay okay okay I like him too. :rocker:

I am just trying not to get any more carried away than I already am with the 07 edition. And please, God, don't let this be "because it's BB's last year blah blah blah."

I just don't trust things that look this good. I use to live next to a stripper.

PFnV

okay okay okay I like him too. :rocker:

I am just trying not to get any more carried away than I already am with the 07 edition. And please, God, don't let this be "because it's BB's last year blah blah blah."

I just don't trust things that look this good. I use to live next to a stripper.

PFnV

I think Belichick comes from the mindset of old school NFL coaches.

Like Landry, Shula, Noll etc. The type of coach they had to drag kicking and screaming from their coaching jobs once they got too long in the tooth. At least I hope that will be the case.

Coaching has been his life and his passion and I can't imagine him wanting to do anything else.

My theory, as crazy as it sounds, is Belichick is the arrogant evil genius who has a few goals in mind.

I think he wants to surpass anything Lombardi ever did and I also think he's like to have a team of his go unbeaten.

The best opportunity to have that occur would be this year IMHO.

Shooting incident
On July 21, 2006 Meriweather was involved in a shooting incident when teammate Willie Cooper was shot in the buttocks. Meriweather returned fire and shot at the unidentified shooter three times. Meriweather wasn't charged due to the fact his gun was owned legally.

Another FYI.

Merriweather is/was a Criminology major. That my friends is an incredibly hard road if he was balancing both.

I have been completely wrong on him pre draft and now i cant believe what type of player we actually have.

I was wrong.

Merriweather will be great for us for years.

Shooting incident
On July 21, 2006 Meriweather was involved in a shooting incident when teammate Willie Cooper was shot in the buttocks. Meriweather returned fire and shot at the unidentified shooter three times. Meriweather wasn't charged due to the fact his gun was owned legally.

It wasn't just due to the fact that he legally owned the gun, it was also because it was self defense/defense of his friend. Let's say I walked up to someone and shot them for no reason, I wouldn't get away with it simply because I had a permit for the gun.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey