PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meriweather and the NFL hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real hypocrisy is that if it were a Patriot receiver who took that cheap shot you'd be whining about the lack of a suspension against the guy who did it.

The real hypocrisy is that if it were a Patriot receiver who took that cheap shot you'd be whining about the lack of a suspension against the guy who did it.

LOL...you have no clue

football is a big boy sport. you didn't hear me complain about the Eric Smith hit on Welker in week 2.

you should grow a pair.

but back to the real point. If it is wrong, why is the league selling photos of it?

It was an unnecessary hit and deserves punishment.

That being said, I'm still waiting for it to be set to music in a commercial for the playoffs. That's the real hypocrisy.

Wait,,,,,really????????

Thats complete bs. How can they talk about putting a stop to these hits, and at the same time they are selling pics of the hit for$100???????? :confused: They're all about money, not player safety. They can talk all they want, we know better.

good find IC

It was an unnecessary hit and deserves punishment.

That being said, I'm still waiting for it to be set to music in a commercial for the playoffs. That's the real hypocrisy.

he has been punished.......that's not the point

should the league be making money off of things they are trying to get rid of?

That photo is from a tackle he made on the sideline. I saw it on the Patriots website in the photo gallery.

I agree with the original point, but it is not the correct photo.:p

That photo is from a tackle he made on the sideline. I saw it on the Patriots website in the photo gallery.

I agree with the original point, but it is not the correct photo.:p

It is a different one, in the illegal hit Heap never had the ball, it was well past him by the time Merriweather hit him.

Wow ...

Isn't that just a slap in the face, eh Brandon?

Last edited:
They've took down the photos.

They've took down the photos.

Try again, they are still there for me but have failed to load sometimes due to server load. It was mentioned in the news link:

UPDATE: It appears that the spike in traffic from PFT Planet has crashed the servers of the NFL Photo Store.

ha ha!

That hit was so bad, the NFL is going to make some extra money on it

Brandon Meriweather, Todd Heap Picture at NFL Photo Store

this is flat out wrong. If I was Meriweather, I would appeal.

That is hilarious. The NFL fines a hit and calls it reprehensible and then markets the very picture for $50!

If I were Brandon, I would say, "Okay, I will pay the fine, but I want 10% of every picture sold of me laying wood to a reciever."

I also heard James Harrison may just retire rather than be Roger Goodell's bee-otch.

Good for him. Hope he does it BEFORE we play the Steelers! LOL!

Last edited:
That is hilarious. The NFL fines a hit and calls it reprehensible and then markets the very picture for $50!

If I were Brandon, I would say, "Okay, I will pay the fine, but I want 10% of every picture sold of me laying wood to a reciever."

Too funy.

I also heard James Harrison may just retire rather than be Roger Goodell's bee-otch.

Good for him. Hope he does it BEFORE we play the Steelers! LOL!

Its not the same picture.

Hang on just a second, that picture isn't actually a shot of the hit he was penalized for. Heap has the ball in that shot.

Is the the second hit for which he was fined but not penalized?

He was fined for both "hits".

The one where he tried to spear Heap on the TD catch and the second, "knock-your-farkin-mouthpiece-out-of-your-piehole" hit over the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes