Welcome to PatsFans.com

Meriweather and McGowan

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by mayoclinic, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 0 / -1

These 2 guys have been all world for us this season, but it seems to me that they didn't particularly show up that much in the Indy game. Meriweather in particular wasn't the playmaking force that we've come to expect - I wonder how much he was affected by whatever injury caused him to miss practice earlier this week. And while McGowan did a decent job controlling Dallas Clark, I didn't see him make the kind of big hits and plays he's been making all season.

3 tackles, 0 passes defended, 0 forced fumbles, and 0 INTs between them - not what we've come to expect.
  2. QB12

QB12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I agree. McGowan uncharacteristically whiffed on a couple of tackles, and Merriweather was as quiet as a church mouse.

Weird.

QB12
  3. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I'd cut McGowan some slack. Replays clearly showed him focusing on stopping Clark which the Pats did effectively for the bulk of the game. As for Meriweather, considering how many times Garcon and Collie were caught on TV in solo man-coverage by either Bodden or Butler, I'm guessing Meriweather was busy helping Willhite with Wayne. Tough to tell if they were truly effective from watching on TV.

Regards,
    Chris
  4. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 17 / -2

I think the Meriweather and McGowan did fine.
  5. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

meriweather didnt get noticed but thats also a positive..he didnt get beat from what we saw on TV. peytons not the type of QB to force balls in which is usually how plays are made by defensive players.

i noticed mcgowan miss a couple tackles but other than that i didnt really see him either. its not necessarily a bad thing in a game against a top QB
  6. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,016 / 24 / -45

No Jersey Selected

Considering their assignments (particularly McGowan's) I'd have to agree. Does anybody have the stats for how many times Manning threw to Meriweather's side of the field, by any chance?
  7. fnordcircle

fnordcircle ( o Y o ) PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +196 / 6 / -13

McGowan missed a tackle, but he spent almost all night on Dallas Clark and considering Clark didn't kill us I think he did a great job.

If I told you at the start of the year that a journeyman safety from the Bears would neutralize Dallas Clark you probably would have called it a pipe dream.
  8. The Dynasty

The Dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. McGowan had a great game. He did a good job on Clark. His job was to contain Clark and he did his job.

Meriweather I'd say had an average game. I can remember after week 4 or 5 he was being compared to Polomalu. He definitely is not at the level.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.