Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
:rocker:

I have to admit PFT has an amusing take on it:

For his performance against the Buccaneers at Wembley Stadium, Patriots safety Brandon Meriweather has won the AFC's defensive player of the week award.

Meriweather intercepted two passes in the games first six minutes, which put him on pace for 20 in the game. (He really slacked off the rest of the way.)

Last edited:
Ahaha, that's funny stuff. It sort of draws some perspective to guessing how many points or TD's a team will score in a season, too...

Good for Meri. May there be many more!

Mariweather is the real deal.. not sure if he will become an Ed Reed, or Troy P. yet, but he does what he does well.

I'm perfectly satisfied to have Pats' position players who are excellent yet don't have to be rated as the 1 or 2 best at their position. SB winning, big play making guys like Bruschi, Harrison and Vrable come to mind. Let's hope that Merry and the other younguns play at THAT level. All will be more than fine.

Huge props to Meriweather for a great game and for getting better every year. What a great pick he turned out to be, showing no signs since being drafted that he is the bad character that people claimed he was.

Deserved it, post game interview was pretty funny also.

if he keeps playing and keeps learning he is going to be a great player in the years to come

Too early to start the rumors of him making the Pro Bowl yet?

Too early to start the rumors of him making the Pro Bowl yet?

No. IMO he is in the discussion of top safeties in the AFC.

Is it me, or is this team have one of the best defense up the middle in the league? Wilfork, Mayo-Guyton, and the Brandons means the middle of the field is a deathtrap for opposing offenses.

I don't think I'm going out on a limb here, but I think BM is definitely going to be in discussion for AFC Defensive POY when all is said and done for the 2009 season.

Is it me, or is this team have one of the best defense up the middle in the league? Wilfork, Mayo-Guyton, and the Brandons means the middle of the field is a deathtrap for opposing offenses.

I think you may be on to something. Perhaps BB made a concerted effort to shore up what seemed to me a glaring weakness in coverage in recent years.

Guess we'll find out when the Tuna Sammiches come to town...

How lucky are we as fans to be witnessing the emergence of a player who looks like he will deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed? Meriweather is a pleasure to watch and I feel so happy that he's part of the Patriots team.

On a similar note, McGowan is playing lights out as well and should receive all the credit in the world for keeping every tight end NE has face thus far under wraps. Seriously, how many times was Kellen Winslow's name mentioned last Sunday? What about Tony Gonzalez a few weeks ago? McGowan and Meriweather are becoming one of the best safety tandems in the NFL right now.

What about Tony Gonzalez a few weeks ago?

We doubled up on Gonzalez. I didn't watch Winslow on Sunday so I don't know how we covered him. But I agree that McGowan has played well and deserves credit.

How lucky are we as fans to be witnessing the emergence of a player who looks like he will deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the likes of Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed? Meriweather is a pleasure to watch and I feel so happy that he's part of the Patriots team.

On a similar note, McGowan is playing lights out as well and should receive all the credit in the world for keeping every tight end NE has face thus far under wraps. Seriously, how many times was Kellen Winslow's name mentioned last Sunday? What about Tony Gonzalez a few weeks ago? McGowan and Meriweather are becoming one of the best safety tandems in the NFL right now.
You nailed, it heres to them continuing playing at such a high level :eat3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back