PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merill Hoge rubber stamps that he has no credibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMC00

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Hoge's QB Reality Board

Gotta put Roethlisberger up there so he doesn't get flack from the Steeler fanbase because he is such a homer for them.

And using his guidelines wouldn't Kaepernick be #2? He beat Rodgers and Ryan to get to the SB.

This hype is good. All the more pressure on Baltimore to pay Flacco whatever he wants, and they're already up against the cap

Ridiculous video, Hoge was just looking for controversy following guys like skip bayless who don't have a clue just like to stir the pot.

None of this is about news or facts, instead it is about twitter followers and facebook crap....

It is how success is measured....

I wish some of the media people in our area could put on homer glasses...maybe not to the Hoge extreme, but being fan friendly would certainly go a long ways.

You have to get the feeling that ESPN is run based on data on how they perceive fans. With a sprinkling of a represent both sides of the issue formula and some outliers like Hoge's love for everything Steeler.

I don't take ESPN too seriously, they are an entertainment channel and not sports journalism.

I don't want to give the guy the clicks.

What did he say?

I think there are 4 or 5 QBs in the league that have taken the position to another level Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Manning and there isnt another QB in the league in their category.

After that there is probably another 4 or 5 that are extremely good and that group is lead by Rothlesburger and I think you have to give Flacco his due and put him up there too then you have Eli, Ryan and a few others in this group.

Not sure I put RGIII, Wilson, luck, or Kapernick in that group yet but they are the budding stars and there ceiling is not set yet and they could get into the top category for all we know.

All in all I think this league is in as good shape as it ever has been for the QB position. which makes the drop off for those 10 or so teams without one that much bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes