PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Merged x3) It's All Happening!!! PFT Now Blames The NFL For Tarnishing The PATS Image

Anybody have a twitter account? Tell him to take the Belichick challenge. Take football. Pump to 12.5 PSI at R/T. Place ball at 50 F. Measure pressure.

Do the Belichick challenge and post on-line!

This is not a joke. I really think someone should tell him. Test his numbers experimentally.

Anybody have a twitter account? Tell him to take the Belichick challenge. Take football. Pump to 12.5 PSI at R/T. Place ball at 50 F. Measure pressure.

Do the Belichick challenge and post on-line!

This is not a joke. I really think someone should tell him. Test his numbers experimentally.

How many different tests do we need?
I've seen at least 4 different videos explaining that Belichick's assertions were not only plausible but quite correct.

The problem isn't the evidence, the problem is that you have a large number of individuals with media/social-sci degrees who could barely do High School calculus, trying to interpret the evidence and explain it to their readership, which also largely consist of morons.

It's much easier to claim that the evidence is false without supporting information, and that's apparently what's going on.

-Jamman

I've seen at least 4 different videos explaining that Belichick's assertions were not only plausible but quite correct.

The problem isn't the evidence, the problem is that you have a large number of individuals with media/social-sci degrees who could barely do High School calculus, trying to interpret the evidence and explain it to their readership, which also largely consist of morons.

It's much easier to claim that the evidence is false without supporting information, and that's apparently what's going on.

-Jamman

I think he has an undergraduate degree from Harvard and a PhD from Columbia. He is well pedigreed. But science is not about numbers, it is about testing a hypothesis. This is easily testable. Any scientist that will not test his hypothesis is not a real scientist.

I think he has an undergraduate degree from Harvard and a PhD from Columbia. He is well pedigreed. But science is not about numbers, it is about testing a hypothesis. This is easily testable. Any scientist that will not test his hypothesis is not a real scientist.

His numbers are not even correct.

This is like a bad movie that you just keep watching to see what happens at the end!

Ted Wells - typical attorney that will drag this out for billable hours!!

Statement from investigator Ted Wells on DeflateGate: "I expect the investigation to take at least several more weeks."
https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer?ori...tw_p=embeddedtimeline&tw_w=345351551990263808

Unbelievabe, it's a freakin football, what are you investigating?

This tells you one of 3 things is likely:

1. They've got the Patriots red-handed, but don't want to do this before the Super Bowl
  2. They've got nothing, and are really looking desperately for a way to pin this on NE
  3. They honestly think NE did it, and they think that they can crack the locker room attendant, but figure it might take time
This is the guy who used a bunch of non-incriminating texts to claim full incrimination for a single player, after all. I have no illusions as to what he'd be willing to do in order to nail an entire organization. It would be quite a feather in his hat.

1. They've got the Patriots red-handed, but don't want to do this before the Super Bowl
  2. They've got nothing, and are really looking desperately for a way to pin this on NE
  3. They honestly think NE did it, and they think that they can crack the locker room attendant, but figure it might take time
This is the guy who used a bunch of non-incriminating texts to claim full incrimination for a single player, after all. I have no illusions as to what he'd be willing to do in order to nail an entire organization. It would be quite a feather in his hat.
Just out of curiosity, what are you referring to with the texts?

-Jamman

You don't need calculus to understand any of this. The problem is that they refuse to engage in a scientific mode of thinking.

Or, as someone else alluded to in another thread, they have nothing but are dragging this out and leaking any scenario they can imagine, slowly, to simply leave the Patriots distracted and twisting in the wind, and [I believe] to punish BB for that press conference any way they possibly can.

Isnt it in Ted Wells best interest to fabricate info vs the pats and make the nfl look good. If he says he found nothing it would not help his own reputation.

https://www.facebook.com/Philtill/posts/10205933079910166

LONG Facebook post from a
Dr. Phil Metzger
@DrPhiltill
Planetary scientist. Co-founded NASA KSC SwampWorks. Now at UCF Florida Space Institute but still on SwampWorks team. SpaceMining. Space settlement. Science.

Dr. Phil Metzger @DrPhiltill · 18h 18 hours ago
Analysis of Belichick's claim versus criticism by @TheScienceGuy. https://www.facebook.com/Philtill/posts/10205933079910166… Belichick gets the win this time. #DeflateGate

Talks about the potential for rubbing to change the PSI, says for this pressure to remain would likely have to be put in some sort of bag on the way to the refs. Discredits Bill Nye. Will repost this in the scientific evidence thread.

Take this for whatever it's worth

Neil deGrasse Tyson ‏@neiltyson 16m16 minutes ago
For the Patriots to blame a change in temperature for 15% lower-pressures, requires balls to be inflated with 125-degree air.

So vaunted scientist Tyson beclowns himself having failed to use absolute pressure and even then STILL doing the #s wrong.

Worse yet once again Tyson believes flawed calculations over direct experiment. A disgrace.

Tyson & Nye are horrific ambassadors for science

Last edited:
If you bothered to watch neil degrasse tyson on the new cosmos series you would know he said the following (I got this from the Internet) so just relax. His opinion is his and he doesn't claim otherwise. It's also why he's the man.

I'm extremely well informed in astronomy & cosmology.
I have no respect for Tyson whatsoever.
In other areas of science he does NOT live by what you posted.
He is someone who believes something and says whatever to support it.

My example: his uninformed tweet.
He's had a week to do the #s.

So vaunted scientist Tyson beclowns himself having failed to use absolute pressure and even then STILL doing the #s wrong.

Tyson & Nye are horrific ambassadors for science

Do any of these guys know you have to use the Kelvin system for temp?

Shocker shaughnessy on CSNNE buying into the ball security theory. And idiot tanguay saying the Pats are guilty on a technicality.

I was really upset when I heard about this ball boy thing but after a couple of hours of reflection, I think if there's a video of someone doing something nominally suspicious, they have to investigate it. I just wish we knew that they were taking the science as seriously and that the NFL wasn't leaking dribs and drabs of info.

Ted Wells has asked the players not to comment, why can't he ask the same of league employees?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back