PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Merged x3) It's All Happening!!! PFT Now Blames The NFL For Tarnishing The PATS Image

The 1st time I have seen it all spelled out outside of this forum. A must read and tweet
Great stuff but will the truth come out, especially with the NFL investigating itself ?

Many folks have little regard for the facts. But there is a minority who respect the truth, and we have seen a shift in attitude among the enlightened.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-why-the-deflategate-hatchet-job-is-misguided
“No matter how you want to spin it, cheating is cheating,” former Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said on television this week. “And for the Patriots, they got caught. Splashback they call it right?” he said with a laugh.
But should nothing be proven, or should Brady be cleared — if this whole case is left as nothing but a lot of hot air — it will be interesting to see if his accusers show any of the contrition they are currently demanding from the quarterback.
We should be taking names of those who gleefully rushed to judgment. I am not holding my breath, of course, but they ought to be held accountable.

The funny thing is Bill Nye says this stuff is garbage, but even I remember back from my chemistry class that if you apply friction to a gas that the molecules will speed up and expand. And my chemistry teacher will back me up that I shouldn't be considered an expert on this type of stuff. But the supposed "Science Guy" thinks it is garbage? And the thing is he didn't even say why he thinks it is garbage.

Rob, ignore Nye. He's a media hack ideologue, someone who believes things and eschews the real essence of science yet arrives at conclusions. People worship this guy because of his image. He has no substance whatsoever. You are 100% correct criticizing him for not substantiating his opinion. He simply can't.
I have no problem with him being an enthusiastic Seahawks fan.

Rob, ignore Nye. He's a media hack ideologue, someone who believes things and eschews the real essence of science yet arrives at conclusions. People worship this guy because of his image. He has no substance whatsoever. You are 100% correct criticizing him for not substantiating his opinion. He simply can't.
In addition, he is from Seattle and not a scientist.

The 1st time I have seen it all spelled out outside of this forum. A must read and tweet
Just wish it was someone other than barstoolsports.

Just wish it was someone other than barstoolsports.

The pieces are all around with others. Curren had the 1st big part.

Many folks have little regard for the facts. But there is a minority who respect the truth, and we have seen a shift in attitude among the enlightened.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-why-the-deflategate-hatchet-job-is-misguided

We should be taking names of those who gleefully rushed to judgment. I am not holding my breath, of course, but they ought to be held accountable.

Wouldn't it be easier to list the ones who didn't? ;)

You would think after Richard Jewel, the Duke Lacrosse accusations, the UVA Fraternity rape story, and even the Rams WalkThrough rumor, that the media would learn to hold off on making definitive statements until they get some actual facts.

I can see fans doing this. It doesn't make them any less idiotic, but you can't stop people from having opinions. The professionals should actually show a little caution.

Wouldn't it be easier to list the ones who didn't? ;)

You would think after Richard Jewel, the Duke Lacrosse accusations, the UVA Fraternity rape story, and even the Rams WalkThrough rumor, that the media would learn to hold off on making definitive statements until they get some actual facts.

I can see fans doing this. It doesn't make them any less idiotic, but you can't stop people from having opinions. The professionals should actually show a little caution.
Why would the media learn from that when they face little to no repercussions from it?

Last edited:
. The professionals should actually show a little caution.
As long as the media compensates their employees on their speed and not their accuracy we will always have this challenge.

I looked at his background and it is a sham. He only has a bachelor's degree. When he was working at Boeing, most of his time he was acting in training videos over actually doing real science stuff. By his own admission, NASA rejected him multiple times. He got into being the Science Guy because he was doing sketch comedy on local TV in Seattle and someone suggested to him to do science experiments on the air.

I guess you can argue that rubbing the balls will not increase the pressure to the levels that Belichick said it did, but to say the only way you can affect the PSI is with an inflator pin (as Nye said) is irresponsible and factually incorrect. Even a lay person knows that is stupid.

Believe it or not, I could actually envision the NFL fining them a small amount (maybe the suggested 25k) for having their footballs under the league mandated limit, even without further explanation of any wrongdoing.

Even if that were the case, I think it'd be okay at this point. I don't know--I didn't feel the same way a few days ago, but today a small fine with no other reasonable explanation for "cheating" somehow doesn't seem as bad.
I'd prefer no fine but more importantly I do I want the NFL to come out and say explicitly that Belichick and Brady did nothing wrong. Without that people can say well they got a fine so they must have cheated. I want them vindicated entirely.

Whenever I hear someone call Brady a liar, or the Pats cheaters this pass week.

Noted-ryan-the-office.gif

I turned the TV on and that crap Network ESPN was on and in the midst of a panel conversation from the Super Bowl the idiots on the panel (Tom Jackson, Herm Edwards, etc.) were still adamant that someone physically deflated the balls after the initial inspection by the refs. I didn't hear them bring up the possibility that the balls deflated naturally due to the elements. They just want to continue to spread the notion that without a shadow of a doubt the Pats cheated and let the air out of the balls. MORONS!!!!

The fact that major news sources are showing another, more explosive conspiracy -thay the Pats were the vicims changes everything.

Truth and facts don't matter anymore to people. Its who has the biggest megaphone and says the most sensationalistic thing is what matters.

Reading that John McCain is ripping Goodell...I love it.
But at this point i want the team wanting to prove all of this was nonsense, just like spy gate. To have this all blow over now I think could be a let down. Let them be exonerated next monday, keep the anger and rage going until then.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back