PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Merged x3) It's All Happening!!! PFT Now Blames The NFL For Tarnishing The PATS Image

8. Finally, I'm PISSED, and I'm out for blood. I want my pound of flesh. I don't want simply see people walk away from this with a Rosanne Rosanadana-esque "NEVER MIND". The not only was the Pats reputation hurt, a bad lawyer could prove economic damages. They were POSITIVELY slandered. Christ, NPR"s Wait Wait Don't Tell Me lampooned the Pats TWICE during the show, including a segment where they aske the guest to guess "how the Pats will cheat next Sunday" That's NP freakin' R

Ken: As has been pointed out before, it's not enough to prove economic damages. Because the Patriots are "public figures," they would have to prove that the various reporters knew the story was false and went with it anyway. Mere incompetence isn't enough.

One explanation that the Colts ball would be lower is because every time you test the pressure (i.e., stick a gauge into it), it loses a little pressure. How many times did the Colts test it before handing it over to the officials? I bet you more than once.

In that case, if the Colts tested it before handing it over to the NFL officials, they are guilty of tampering with a ball that belongs to the New England Patriots.

There is no gray area on that.

Last edited:
Vegas Sharks just Tweeted:

"Remember the name Mike Kensil."
Edit: Sorry guys, this is from two years ago Super Bowl, but that is Kensil.
18iyy5xdjhi7xjpg.jpg

Last edited:
I think the NFL will be "mums" until the Super Bowl is over. Meaning that there will be no official word on any information regarding this issue, this entire week...

IMO
If they are they will look even more foolish. why should it take them 10 extra days to come to the same conclusion the pats came to in 2 days? I think by Tuesday this will be put to bed.

Is there any law/precedent in which Kensil can end up in jail for this if he's the one who's orchestrated all of this?

Seems like there would be, something related to sabotage.

Is there any law/precedent in which Kensil can end up in jail for this if he's the one who's orchestrated all of this?

Seems like there would be, something related to sabotage.

Not a chance in hell. They will just say they were being thorough in investigating a complaint by another team.

Be careful what you wish for
I would hate to see the Pats ever lose a pick because of something an ex-employee did

The Jets can loose a pick only for the tampering they did. If they colluded with him that is a different story and the Patriots could be awarded a compensatory pick. I know I am dreaming but I think we are seeing this whole thing runs deep. NFL executive involved, Raven perhaps, Colts tampering with the 1 INT ball they had, NFL leaks.

Not a chance in hell. They will just say they were being thorough in investigating a complaint by another team.

Not if the Patriots can go back and follow the paper trail all the way back, especially with him being a vindictive former Jets FO guy who was there when Belichick resigned.

Here's a thought too - when the NFL announced who was doing the investigation, someone on Reddit questioned why they got a guy whos firm work more on the defense side of things. That looked a weird comment at the time, now all this is falling into place and it's looking to make more sense by the day.

Dear Lord. I wish I could have some decent editing skills. I'd create one of those Hitler/Downfall parodies. Hitler playing the part of Kanzelar Goodell, all pissed off because his plans were foiled. Again.

Something along the lines of "Don't those morons in the Colts front office remember what happened the LAST time the Patriots were accused of cheating?" "Do you remember?" "They went undefeated for the regular season and only lost the superbowl because we put pressure on the refs!" "And they still damned near won it!"

"Doesn't ANYONE here have any common sense left?" "Anyone?" "I had plans for Seattle to win it ALL!" "Now look at the mess that drug-addled Irsay has created!" "He's fired up New England and what is there left for us to do to stop them THIS time!" "We can't depend upon Welker to drop a ball." "We got him to Denver to do that."

"Well?" "I'm looking at you Kravitz!" "You and that rat owner friend of yours got us into this!"

I could see all sorts of awesomeness there. :cool:

Dear Lord. I wish I could have some decent editing skills. I'd create one of those Hitler/Downfall parodies. Hitler playing the part of Kanzelar Goodell, all pissed off because his plans were foiled. Again.

Something along the lines of "Don't those morons in the Colts front office remember what happened the LAST time the Patriots were accused of cheating?" "Do you remember?" "They went undefeated for the regular season and only lost the superbowl because we put pressure on the refs!" "And they still damned near won it!"

"Doesn't ANYONE here have any common sense left?" "Anyone?" "I had plans for Seattle to win it ALL!" "Now look at the mess that drug-addled Irsay has created!" "He's fired up New England and what is there left for us to do to stop them THIS time!" "We can't depend upon Welker to drop a ball." "We got him to Denver to do that."

"Well?" "I'm looking at you Kravitz!" "You and that rat owner friend of yours got us into this!"

I could see all sorts of awesomeness there. :cool:

If anyone wants to here is a link to a site where you can
http://downfall.jfedor.org/create/

We can have a contest :)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes