PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: Thoughts on picks/compensation for Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do u think that a 3rd rounder was adequate compensation for Randy Moss

Absolutely not

If I wasn't a Pats fan, I'd be laughing hysterically about this. I'd be less upset if I had any confidence at all that the Pats will turn that pick into something. They won't though, it will probably end up being worth two 6th rounders or some nonsense

We didn't seriously only get a 3rd for Moss

No way is Belichick that stupid. It just isn't possible

The interesting thing about it is that there evidently weren't teams willing to give up more. :eek:

No. I get that the Pats had to sell low, since he requested a trade, but it also seems like they pretty much had the Vikings over a barrel, since the Vikes already gave Favre $16M to come back this year only to find out that their offense still sucks. Minny needed to buy more than they needed to sell, which is why I still can't figure out how they didn't get a second rounder at least out of this.

Last edited:

Absolutely not

If I wasn't a Pats fan, I'd be laughing hysterically about this. I'd be less upset if I had any confidence at all that the Pats will turn that pick into something. They won't though, it will probably end up being worth two 6th rounders or some nonsense

Yeah, because the Patriots haven't drafted about 20 guys in the first 3 rounds over the last 2 years.

The interesting thing about it is that there evidently weren't teams willing to give up more. :eek:

then we should have kept them

You don't have to trade someone just because

Re: Read this - it helps....double picks

Yeah this helps. Because last I checked every rookie we draft is an instant HOFer. :rolleyes:

EXTRA, EXTRA,NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!! the 2015 New England Patriots will own every pick in the 2015 Draft! The Pats who have not won a playoff game in this decade have officially won the Draft Pick contest of the NFL. Goodell honors BB and the Pats FO at the Super Bowl they will not be playing in. Semi-talented WR,S, ST dude and assistant coach Matthew Slater will accept the award for the remainder of the Team that has not been traded for the 2016 Draft. Slater says; "I got my shot because Moss was not a fit to play Special Teams". BB says; "It is my responsibility and I have to do what is right for the Team. What is really cool is our CAP is $0. No one is left that we need to pay. Also as a open message to the other NFL Teams, we are open to trading out of the 2015 Draft. Don't be shy.We are here to Deal".
After the game, Jets Super Bowl winning Coach Rex Ryan says "Although I was nervous about our opponent the Vikes and Randy Moss catching 20 today with 4 TDs today, the good news is we arranged a spectacular trade when we acquired Tom Brady a few years ago for a very valuable fifth rounder and he led us to our third Super Bowl in a row. I am not going to kiss BB s ring, I am going to kiss his a.." Read all about it.

When are you cousins going to get it that it takes as many decent acquisitions by trade or FA as it does successful Drafts. Yes all 17% of those millions of picks in 2011 (the fifth and six rounders we will corner the market on to have a few more in 2012) will make an impact (that is like 1.8 of them go with two) the next two will be JAGS and the another four will not be with the Pats by 2014.
Super move. Is there a dumb ass of the year award?

So lets see. For Seymour and Moss we get a shot at perhaps two definite maybes with a Draft department that has had one decent draft in the last five years and an INC on this one? Count me in. I like you BB but your trade and pick abilities are slipping.

DW Toys

Last edited:
The Carolina 2nd looks to be close to a first rounder now. Top of 2nd. Prime pick on day two.

Re: Read this - it helps....double picks

EXTRA, EXTRA,NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!! the 2015 New England Patriots will own every pick in the 2015 Draft! The Pats who have not won a playoff game in this decade have officially won the Draft Pick contest of the NFL. Goodell honors BB and the Pats FO at the Super Bowl they will not be playing in. Semi-talented WR Matthew Slater will accept the award for the remainder of the Team that has not been traded for the 2016 Draft. Slater says; "I got my shot because Moss was not a fit to play Special Teams". BB says; "It is my responsibility and I have to do what is right for the Team. What is really cool is our CAP is $0. No one is left that we need to pay. Also as a open message to the other NFL Teams, we are opening to trading out of the 2015 Draft".
After the game, Jets Super Bowl winning Coach Rex Ryan says "Although I was nervous about our opponent the Vikes and Randy Moss catching 20 today with 4 TDs today, the good news is we arranged a spectacular trade when we acquired Tom Brady a few years ago for a very valuable fifth rounder and he led us to our third Super Bowl in a row. I am not going to kiss BB s ring, I am going to kiss his a.." Read all about it.

When are you cousins going to get it that it takes as many decent acquisitions by trade or FA as it does successful Drafts. Yes all 17% of those millions of picks in 2011 (the fifth and six rounders we will corner the market on to have a few more in 2012) will make an impact (that is like 1.8 of them go with two) the next two will be JAGS and the another four will not be with the Pats by 2014.
Super move. Is there a dumb ass of the year award?

So lets see. For Seymour and Moss we get a shot at perhaps two definite maybes with a Draft department that has had one decent draft in the last five years and an INC on this one? Count me in. I like you BB but your trade and pick abilities are slipping.

DW Toys

I think I agree, but, about your writing ...

passion_wtf.jpg

when I heard it was a 3rd...
long_facepalm.gif

I am praying we don't trade down picks...

Unless we are getting someone like Vincent Jackson, keep our picks... AJ Green is a monster, and this draft is supposedly deep. I still think the Pats can win the Superbowl so don't say I already gave up this season. a Raiders and Vikings pick which I think will be in the top 10's... yeah we better keep them

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes