PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: Speculation on additional WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Possible WR Options

Sheriff Bing Bing Bing........Richochet Caldwell

Re: Possible WR Options

The only way Im ok with this trade is we get Vjack out of this deal. Which I find hard to believe since we are a big rival of SD's, woulda made more sense to ship him to Minny.

Re: Larry Fitzgerald for Raiders or our first pick anyone?

2 of them doesnt worth the contract. Warren was paid, but not big paid, and he was basically the 12# men on the defence ( the 4th or the DL if you prefer)

Warren got a $35M deal with $18M guaranteed.

Come on, you know how the Pats work by now.

Deal that doesn't make much sense done.
Find home grown talent to plug in hole.

Every. Single. Time.

Then how did Moss get here to begin with? :)

Is Deion Branch still on the block

Anyone know the status on Steve Smith's contract? Would love to see him in a Pats jersey. It would make sense. I'm sure he would love to get out of that mess in Carolina.....and they are clearly in the rebuilding process, and could use the picks

Last edited:
Anyone know the status on Steve Smith's contract? Would love to see him in a Pats jersey

So he can start assaulting players in a patriots jersey?

Steve Smith is an absolute scumbag.

We're going with what we have. Our receivers aren't scaring anybody, but they're a quality group, and the three TE's are all nice options in the passing game. Back to a ball-control attack, and hopefully a return to what we call "Patriot Football".

We're going with what we have. Our receivers aren't scaring anybody, but they're a quality group, and the three TE's are all nice options in the passing game. Back to a ball-control attack, and hopefully a return to what we call "Patriot Football".

That's all fine and good with a defense

That's all fine and good with a defense

Indeed. Ninkovich is not Vrabel, Warren is not Seymour, TBC is not McGinnest and for now Chung is not Harrison, and def, Butler is not Ty Law . And this beard guy in the sideline is not Romeo Crennel

Re: Mega-Speculation/Rumor on another WR trade thread

I know we aren't getting Vincent Jackson, but with all this "1 infraction away talk", wouldn't it be easy to just put a provision in his contract that if he messes up, the contract is null and void ? I think that's a simple thing to do, I'd give a 2 and a 3 for him, and just see what happens. Still leaves you with two 1's (draft a WR too), a 2 and a 3.

Love it. Let's bring it full circle.

We had our chance. Patten was brought in. Weis and Crennel were unemployed. Branch was on the block. McGinnest and Patrick pass was unsigned. Harrison must have been getting tired of sitting next to Dungy's corpse in a suit (or is Tony still alive). Ty Law's family was hungry. And we blew it

Glazer on Cowherd's show just mentioned that they don't see the Pats going after Jackson, but wouldn't be surprised to see the pats make a call to Carolina for Steve Smith. I would **** my pants if we got him.

Glazer on Cowherd's show just mentioned that they don't see the Pats going after Jackson, but wouldn't be surprised to see the pats make a call to Carolina for Steve Smith. I would **** my pants if we got him.

isnt smith injured? and has he got any left?

the guy is a monster WR, but what are we doing now? transfering our migit cb philosophy over to the wr position???

i know smith's had some pretty horrible qb play lately...but is that all that accounts for his dropped production?

and let them keep their 2011 2nd?

Re: Shefter and Mort both think no deal for Jackson

Are you sure about that? He has been invisible this year with the Bills.
Not even their number one receiver.

they guy has been then for over 5 yrs i think, hasnt made the playoffs ,has never complained about any QB or front office and always tries his best. whats not to like ? to be honest iam taking this from what tedy said when analyzing the bills game

They better go after Jackson.The Moss move doesnt make sense but they had to do it because he was a distraction.I blame the organization for not given the guy his extension.

Re: Shefter and Mort both think no deal for Jackson

Get on the phone to Cincy about Ochocinco.

I could get on board with that. If they're willing to trade him for the same third that we got for Moss, the team would be only marginally downgraded this year (both because Ocho isn't as good and because he won't know the offense) but improved in the long term since Randy was leaving anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back