PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: Speculation on additional WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Vincent Jackson?

troll, this aint serious

BB finally has faith in his younger players. He's putting all his eggs in that basket and he's done so for 3 years now. We are not going out and making a big trade this year that would hamper the development of these younger players.

Re: Larry Fitzgerald for Raiders or our first pick anyone?

Did you miss Big Sey's contract? ADs? Wilforks? Bradys league leading contract?

Amazing how perception ignores contradictory facts.

This is a business, not fantasy football.

All true and none of it changing the fact that we aren't doing anything else because

1. It's STILL not the offense that needs the most help
2. We're getting a draft pick we're planning to use next year
3. We're changing our offensive style so we don't need the wicked deep thread, we're going to use high utility guys like Branch and Gaffney. We have those guys already, fwiw too. I may not love the idea, we all might hate it, but it is what it is. The team looks like now what BB was planning for it to look like next year anyway. Randy wasn't coming back. (Which steams me, but it's hard to say that isn't the truth. Randy knew it all offseason.)

I'm praying a deal for another wr is in the works, but this is looking more and more like a pure BB FU ego play. Hopefully his hubris doesn't cost us another SB like it did with Branch.

Did you miss Big Sey's contract? ADs? Wilforks? Bradys league leading contract?

Amazing how perception ignores contradictory facts.

This is a business, not fantasy football.

AD's the only one. Seymour is in Oakland after the first year that he wasnt a all pro .

If we are doing Pipe Dreams, I rather have Ware

Re: Possible WR Options

Doug Gabriel is available, right?

OchoCinco?

No signing bonus if you trade for Chad, and if you get him and there's no season next year, you don't lose any money.

This is getting crazy, Vincent Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald. We just gave up a stud WR for a measely 3rd rounder now you guys want to go out and give up what will be a king's ransom for another. It's like trading Maroney and wanting to get Tashard Choice or some other 3rd string RB... counter productive at best. We've chosen a direction let's stick to it.

Although, I am not betting the Pats acquire anyone. Moss is 33. Jackson and Fitzgerald are both 27. You are talking two players who will be studs for the next five or six years vs. a 33 year old player who hasn't played like a stud since November of last year. You analogy of Maroney and Choice isn't accurate because Moss is not the future of the Pats while adding either Jackson or Fitzgerald would definitely be the future (eventhough I see a trade unlikely).

Moss hasn't done much this year. He would not do much past this year for the Pats since he was unlikely to resign. Jackson or Fitzgerald could do what Moss did from 2007 through the midway point of last year for the next five years for the Pats (at close to it).

Come on, you know how the Pats work by now.

Deal that doesn't make much sense done.
Find home grown talent to plug in hole.

Every. Single. Time.

Yes, Julius Peppers is here with the Raiders pick lol

3. A good WR on a bad team that, at this point, might prefer a couple of draft picks instead of a top-flight, and expensive, WR. Such as: Lee Evans (Buf) or Steve Smith (Car). Don't know if these guys are available, but either one would be helpful to the Pats, for sure.

Steve Smith is injured.

I was thinking the same thing for Fitzgerald but yea....its a pipe dream. Only slim chance is that Arizona suck so badly and probably are looking to restock the roster with a lot of picks. We can all dream....

You mean, other than the huge contracts he just gave out (Brady, Wilfork), and the huge ones hes given out the last 5 years (Thomas, Moss, etc)

Yes, Peppers too:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Although, I am not betting the Pats acquire anyone. Moss is 33. Jackson and Fitzgerald are both 27. You are talking two players who will be studs for the next five or six years vs. a 33 year old player who hasn't played like a stud since November of last year. You analogy of Maroney and Choice isn't accurate because Moss is not the future of the Pats while adding either Jackson or Fitzgerald would definitely be the future (eventhough I see a trade unlikely).

Moss hasn't done much this year. He would not do much past this year for the Pats since he was unlikely to resign. Jackson or Fitzgerald could do what Moss did from 2007 through the midway point of last year for the next five years for the Pats (at close to it).

You're right they are younger and better investments. But we are letting Moss, a guy who is still a stud WR and consistently draws double coverage, walk for peanuts. To me this shows BB thinks right now in the best interest of the team we don't need the superstar WR. Moss is not Terry Glenn he wasn't going to tear the team's morale apart, and BB doesn't tank seasons.

AD's the only one. Seymour is in Oakland after the first year that he wasnt a all pro .

The fact that hes gone now doesn't change the fact that they gave him the biggest contract in the NFL for a guy at his position.

Brady, Colvin, Wilfork, Warren, etc, all recieved big deals.

Given the Pats past behavior w/r/t recievers, does anyone seriously expect to them to trade draft picks for a decent one now?

Given the Pats past behavior w/r/t recievers, does anyone seriously expect to them to trade draft picks for a decent one now?

Um...they traded 2nd and 7th round picks for Welker, and a 4th round pick for Moss.

So yeah, I could see them trading picks for a good WR. Will they? Who knows.

The fact that hes gone now doesn't change the fact that they gave him the biggest contract in the NFL for a guy at his position.

Brady, Colvin, Wilfork, Warren, etc, all recieved big deals.

2 of them doesnt worth the contract. Warren was paid, but not big paid, and he was basically the 12# men on the defence ( the 4th or the DL if you prefer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back