PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Merged: Speculation on additional WRs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vincent can be had for 2 2nd rd picl.He wants a big monster contract.

then pray that the nut case stays away from 1 more infraction or he his suspended for 1 yr.

from every report is a prima dona and nut case.

I think I would prepare to be disappointed. Vincent JAckson is one infraction away from a year's suspension? To give up god knows what for that is too much of a risk.

Last edited:
I would give my right testicle for this right now.

I maybe overreacting.

Re: Is another deal in the works?

No. Pats fans need to come to grips with this

I would give my right testicle for this right now.

I maybe overreacting.

I too would give up your right nut for this as well, but what I wouldn't give up is 2nd round picks for a prima donna headcase, this new one just an infraction away from a year's suspension. NOT a good investment at that high price.

The OP and others need to stop projecting fantasy wish lists into stark reality.

Last edited:
Re: Gaffney: "I loved New England and being a Patriot"

I don't see Gaffney as an upgrade to Tate, Edelman, Welker. Maybe he would be a good #4 ahead of Slater, but at his price tag and with no special teams skills to speak of, I don't see a fit even in the post-Moss era.

Larry Fitzgerald for Raiders or our first pick anyone?

The guy hates his coach and his QB .

Main problem is that Kraft does not want big contracts, not even for Jerry Rice or Marvin Harrison in his prime lol .

Re: Vincent Jackson?

Isn't this the same guy who posted on Twitter last night that the Pats were receiving Minny's 2011 1st round pick and 2012 3rd round pick in exchange for Moss?

Re: Larry Fitzgerald for Raiders or our first pick anyone?

stop the pipe dreams....

Re: Is another deal in the works?

Joey Galloway for vet minimum lol . Thats how our chairman works

We need D...If they do anything, which I think they wont, it should be going and getting an edge setter....Oh well it was fun while it lasted:confused::confused::confused:

How many deals are we still waiting for Act II on now?

Seriously broncos ate stacked at wr this year. Royal Thomas Llyod and Gaffney. Lets deal for Jab.

The guy hates his coach and his QB .

Main problem is that Kraft does not want big contracts, not even for Jerry Rice or Marvin Harrison in his prime lol .

Did you miss Big Sey's contract? ADs? Wilforks? Bradys league leading contract?

Amazing how perception ignores contradictory facts.

This is a business, not fantasy football.

Last edited:

Palm Beach Pats Fan; said:
I don't see Gaffney as an upgrade to Tate, Edelman, Welker. Maybe he would be a good #4 ahead of Slater, but at his price tag and with no special teams skills to speak of, I don't see a fit even in the post-Moss era.

Maybe he's an upgrade over Slater? Maybe??? Wow.

I don't think Arizona will trade Fitzgerald.

But stop with this "Pats won't pay big contracts". Moss was being paid as a top WR. Brady is the highest paid player in the league. Wilfork is among one of the highest paid players at his position. The Pats reportedly offered Mankins Nick Mangold money and the deal was squashed because of egos. This myth that the Pats won't pay is just that, a myth.

You mean, other than the huge contracts he just gave out (Brady, Wilfork), and the huge ones hes given out the last 5 years (Thomas, Moss, etc)

This is getting crazy, Vincent Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald. We just gave up a stud WR for a measely 3rd rounder now you guys want to go out and give up what will be a king's ransom for another. It's like trading Maroney and wanting to get Tashard Choice or some other 3rd string RB... counter productive at best. We've chosen a direction let's stick to it.

Possible WR Options

1. Go with their current crop: Welker, Edelman, Tate, Slater, Price.

2. A good, but malcontented, WR on a good team, like Vincent Jackson. Would cost at least a 2nd rounder, and is one NFL violation away from a year's suspension. That's the bad news. The good news is that he's on the trade block and that he has immense talent.

3. A good WR on a bad team that, at this point, might prefer a couple of draft picks instead of a top-flight, and expensive, WR. Such as: Lee Evans (Buf) or Steve Smith (Car). Don't know if these guys are available, but either one would be helpful to the Pats, for sure.

I do hope that option 1 isn't the one the Pats choose, because I don't think that's sufficient to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back