PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mercury Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
i saw on nfl network he was being interviewd by someone asking about the pats undefeated season.he was quite pissed about it and offered some colorful comments but the bad part was the interviwer asked him 'vrabel says , you guys should keep quiet and let them have their season they are having.What do you say to that ?"
Such pathetic way of twisting quotes is disappointing.

I thought it was kind of funny. Morris is a colorful guy anyway and he thought at the current Patriots were dissing the 72 team. They weren't but I can see were he can be a little pissed.

Ahh Mercury Morris ... he was like the only Dolphin I used to enjoy watching. It wasn't so much that he was a great runner rather he was real good at getting around the corner.

He's earned the right to run his mouth ... whatever ... if nobody is listening
then he's talking to the hand.

are we talking about Mercury "Huge Cocaine Bust/Served Three Years" Morris here?

well i thought he was funny too but the way the question was posed was so inaccurate to what vrabel said ..that is what was bad

I don't know how many are old enough to remember that season but there wasn't nearly 1% the attention to Miami going defeated even after it happened compared to the coverage now on the Pats being 9-0.
The Dolphins of that year have every right to be proud, it was a team with awesome players and two 1000 yard rushers and a fullback with over 500 yards. That will probably never happen again in your lifetime. And for those that assume the QB must have sucked, I'm sure Bob Griese and a receiver, some dude named Warfield would disagree.

Screw Shula and the asterisk but if I was on that team I'd tell everyone to STFU until you do it too.

That said, I want the 19-0. I want it bad.

I don't know how many are old enough to remember that season but there wasn't nearly 1% the attention to Miami going defeated even after it happened compared to the coverage now on the Pats being 9-0.
Do you think that no internet, no ESPN, no NFLNetwork might have something to do with it.

All anyone had in those days was local newspapers and whatever games happened to be televised.

I didnt see the NFL Network piece, but I saw the clip from ESPN with him on the golf course and he had a smirk the whole time he said it... he's just having fun with it all.

And he's actually right... the media (and some fans) are getting way ahead of themselves... there's a long, long way to go before we can start talking about a perfect season.

There is no reason to be angry at Morris OR what he said, since nothing of what he said wasn't true. The Pats are LESS than half way through their trek to perfection.

HOWEVER everyone should be IRATE at the reporter who clearly was trying to bait Morris into a rant by purposely MISQUOTING Vrabel. I'm getting TIRED fo the media trying to manipulate reactions inorder to create the story instead of just reporting what is happening.

Well I have to stop now, with all the things I'm tired of.....I'm getting tired. ;)

Last edited:
I'm glad Mercury isn't dead and i assume he's just high on like from that quote.

There is no reason to be angry at Morris OR what he said, since nothing of what he said wasn't true.
Not angry at him, but he is a fool to say no one should talk about an unbeaten season until it has been done. The journey itself is quite interesting to many of us, and last time I checked, Morris was not in charge of what people talked about or thought about.

Bottom line: It is quite obvious that the Dolphins are worried about the Pats and somehow think if they deny it is happening, then it won't happen.

Anyway, Morris has a distorted view of history. He tells funny stories in which he is cool, but which other Dolphins deny ever happened.

Just too bad that the reporter distorts the vrabel quote to get a reaction out of him. Obviously the reporter knows that he has access to a powder keg and simply lights the fuse.

Great man, great quotes. I'm sure BB will get a good laugh out of them.

Just too bad that the reporter distorts the vrabel quote to get a reaction out of him. Obviously the reporter knows that he has access to a powder keg and simply lights the fuse.

Exactly, it's amazing that the reporter got away with that. The funny thing, the only place I've seen the whole video was on the NFLN and it showed the reporter twisting Mike's comments and you could Morris's face light up. Most other sources of the video only show him responding. It's very very sad that this is considered good reporting, it's turn into paparazzi reporting

Do you think that no internet, no ESPN, no NFLNetwork might have something to do with it.

All anyone had in those days was local newspapers and whatever games happened to be televised.

Perspective Grasshopper. Did I not preface it with regards to the state of the world?
When the Dolphins were 15-0 they still hadn't won the Super Bowl.

he's just jealous OJ has taken so much publicity away from him over the last 10+ years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back