PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Mentor" Dungy at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Forget" Dungy and "Forget" Ryan.*

* this is the edited for TV version. had you seen the R rated version of this post at the movies or HBO those words would have sounded different.:cool:

Forgettin' A:rocker:

Nothing at all is wrong with that - parents should certainly take the interest and make those decisions.

However, certain things, to me, should be in a class of "safe to watch" without needing to be monitored. I believe MLB, NFL etc are in that "safe" classification. If I was gearing my business to families of all ages, I sure would like to protect my product and brand name and have it be in that class. Goodell should be the gate keeper here, that is one of his duties for the good of the game.

The sport itself falls into the safe class but dont think for a second you shouldn't be teaching your kids about what kind of people there are in these leagues and monitoring who they chose as role models or your kids will be ******* cursing up a **** storm on bull**** message boards with a bunch of ****s and *******s like a little *****.

Carlin's 7 dirty words you can't say on television
****, piss, ****, ****t, ****sucker, ************, & tits

and wouldnt you know we can say two of them on here :)

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with Ryan's language. If that is who he is... so be it. Hard Knocks is on HBO @ 10pm for a reason. The show is designed to give viewers a real look inside an NFL teams training camp, not "The Blindside".

I see nothing wrong with Ryan's language. If that is who he is... so be it. Hard Knocks is on HBO @ 10pm for a reason. The show is designed to give viewers a real look inside an NFL teams training camp, not "The Blindside".

Who he is is a representative of the leagues HC's. And when this little adult rated drama is wrapped up in first run it is headed for reruns on NFLN and NFL.com where the dialog will at best be uninteligible due to all the bleeping...

Ryan's mommy called her son to say she was dissapointed to hear such language from her innocent son :rolleyes:

Sorry, Mom: Jets coach apologizes for 'Hard Knocks' profanity - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

Here is the actual transcript of Ryan and his mommy on the phone yesterday...

MOM Ryan "Son, What the fu(k is wrong with you with such language on a popular TV show that all the fans are watching?"

Rex "I'm fu(king sorry mom,I never meant to dissapoint you,I feel fu(king bad about this"

MOM Ryan "Thats alright son,just don't
fu(king do it again,O.K.?"

Rex "O.K. Mom,I will take your suggestion and keep my fu(king dirty mouth from earshot of the HBO cameras... I fu(king love you and sorry I hurt your fu(king feelings"

MOM Ryan"O.K.,Bye Son,Have a good fu(kin' day and keep it clean"

Rex "You got it Mom,I will fu(kin' do just that...Bye Bye Mommy"...(End of conversation,Phone Clicks)

Last edited:
I'm no Dungy fan, but I sort of agree with him on this. But more offensive than the prolific cussing is Wrecks being obese and suffering a severe flatulence problem. Why didn't Dungy take issue with that?

This makes no sense. How is it that he's mediocre? He's a super bowl winning coach, turned around a Tampa Bay franchise and now has a gig as analyst on NBC. If he's mediocre, what does that make the rest of us? Sounds to me you don't like him because he's an outspoken Christian.

Couldn't win with all those foulmouthed players like Lynch and Sapp and Brooks down in Tampa. It took foulmouthed Jon Gruden to win it all with those players. Took the worst QB performance (Rex Grossman) in the history of the Super Bowl to get his team over the hump. Barry Switzer has won a SB as a HC so I hope you're not implying that winning one SB = greatness of any kind. Have you seen the riff raff that gets hired as TV "analysts" in all sports these days?
His gig at NBC is a measure of his excellence?? :rofl:
I don't like Dungy because he's a pompous jack@$$ who really needs to get his own house in order before he wags his pompous finger in anyone elses direction. What does it tell you when he condemns the language of Rex Ryan more than the actions of Mike Vick?? ;)

The sport itself falls into the safe class but dont think for a second you shouldn't be teaching your kids about what kind of people there are in these leagues and monitoring who they chose as role models or your kids will be ******* cursing up a **** storm on bull**** message boards with a bunch of ****s and *******s like a little *****.

Carlin's 7 dirty words you can't say on television
****, piss, ****, ****t, ****sucker, ************, & tits

and wouldnt you know we can say two of them on here :)

Where is that Simpson grandpa door cartoon when you need it??

Where is that Simpson grandpa door cartoon when you need it??
simpsonsgrandpa.gif

Personally, I've found that people who swear constantly are simply not intelligent enough to use other words. Rex Ryan has not shown me any evidence that disproves this assertion so far.

Not only that, but why is it that Rex Ryan gets to be outspoken and give his opinion while he coaches an NFL team but Dungy, who is retired, has to keep his mouth shut? If anything, Dungy should be allowed to speak his mind since he no longer works for the Colts.
I cant speak for everyone but to me I think its really none of Dungy's business. He seems to be pushing his morality as better than someone elses, and we all know Dungy's moral compass isnt limited to not drinking or swearing.

Dungy is the windbag? Please, get the eff out. Its "sexy rexy" thats the obnoxious doofus here. Dude never won junk and he swears up and down like a classless punk.
Dungy isn't 'holier than thou', he is simply giving advice to a doofus whos act will grow wearisome once his team starts to suck.

Dungy was gifted one SB by Rex Grossman, and his team actually played better once he left. He was by far the biggest reason why I disliked the Colts, and a large part of why I don't mind them now that he's gone. Say what you want about Rex (I think the Jets are an implosion waiting to happen), but his team elevated its play when the stakes were raised, rather than packing it in and going out with a whimper. Maybe the Colts could have used a little more Rex Ryan and a little less Tony Dungy.

Man, if you'd told me yesterday that I'd be defending Rex Ryan on something, I'd have wondered what was wrong with you.

Last edited:
OMG. Alert the Jets Board! A thread defending Wrecks on PatsFans.com!

OMG. Alert the Jets Board! A thread defending Wrecks on PatsFans.com!

Yup apparently one thing we hate more than a loud obnoxious big mouth is a self rightous SOB. The way I see it they are both annoying but the loud mouth is funny every once in while.

If you want you're kids (or Dungy's) to be safe when watching a behind the scenes look at the NFL, watch some show like Under the Helmet or whatever. Hard Knocks is supposed to show how a real team operates, not how they operate while filming for a censored TV show.

But -- context is everything. This is the guy who urged the league to put a QB who served prison time for torturing animals back on the field. And now he wants the commissioner to personally step in to police a coach's off-field vocabulary, lest it tarnish the league's wholesome image. Curious, no?

That's a good point.

I don't mind anyone telling Rex to quiet down, but come on Tony, this is football. What if he had played for Vince Lombardi? "Excuse me, Coach, but could you stop using that language in front of these grown men?" :bricks:

The self-anointed moral arbiter of the universe has spoken. i read on a Colts message board that he speaks directly with Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah, the Buddha, Vishnu and others. Sometimes they do lunch. :D

Personally, I've found that people who swear constantly are simply not intelligent enough to use other words. Rex Ryan has not shown me any evidence that disproves this assertion so far.

I suggest that you avoid attending Patriots practise sessions close up. BB and TFB are major offenders. Thank God Weis is no longer here. One session last week Brady let loose a F-bomb heard clearly by the entire bleacher audience.

Ryan's cursing was actually addressed before filming began on Hard Knocks. It was found that substituting words like "fudge" and "sugar" for swears sent Rex's appetite into overdrive. Considering the frequency with which he would have used those words, it was projected that Ryan would be in a candy-induced coma within 36 hours from the start of filming.

Maybe Dungy should get off of his high horse and have some empathy for a guy who is working hard to stay healthy and lose some weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back