PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mel Mitchell From New Orleans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Great ST player. Decent S. Also heard he has some attitude..a mean one at times but hes always 1st one down on KO...liking him already..some wanted him to start over Bellamy :\

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:
Yes. Great ST player. Decent S. Also heard he has some attitude..a mean one at times but hes always 1st one down on KO...liking him already..some wanted him to start over Bellamy :\
my kind of guy

He'll be good for ST, nothing more.

Solid special teams player. He's a gunner's gunner. Demon-tackler on KO's and punts. I have been pulling for the Saints for years and seen him play quite a bit. :rocker:

BionicPatriot said:
He'll be good for ST, nothing more.

Hmm.. I can remember people saying that Poole wouldn't be anything more than a Nickel back when he came in. People said Phifer was washed up. Hamilton was done. Etc, etc. I also remember people saying that David Patten wouldn't amount to anything but a 4th receiver at best. He was the Pats #2 receiver for 3.5 years.

How do you know that Mitchell will ONLY be good for special teams and nothing more. Can you see the future? How do you know he won't thrive in this defense? Do youhave a crystal ball or something?

DaBruinz said:
Hmm.. I can remember people saying that Poole wouldn't be anything more than a Nickel back when he came in. People said Phifer was washed up. Hamilton was done. Etc, etc. I also remember people saying that David Patten wouldn't amount to anything but a 4th receiver at best. He was the Pats #2 receiver for 3.5 years.

How do you know that Mitchell will ONLY be good for special teams and nothing more. Can you see the future? How do you know he won't thrive in this defense? Do youhave a crystal ball or something?
Good point...Guess he missed all of those...

Bob Lobel WBZ-TV reports at 6:30PM that the Pats have signed Mitchell, a special team/ safety acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back