Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mel Kipper mock

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by scout, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Anyone catch who Mel had for the Patriots on the 7th pick? Have seen a couple of mocks and some have us taking the corner from South Florida.
    Just something to think about as I sip my coffee.

2. LuthierJr

LuthierJr Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

he has us taking Aqib Talib the CB from Kansas... Kind of surprising to me. I didn't think Talib is worth a #7 pick....then again we need help in the secondary pretty bad me thinks....

3. Cannon Arm

Cannon Arm On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

When I see clips of Talib on YouTube, I think Antonio Cromartie. My goodness does this boy have hops. He is a ridiculous athlete. I look at him and think, damn, what could Belichick do with a guy like that. I know that Bethel Johnson was similarly gifted athletically, but Talib has great hands. He's a guy who can not just knock down passes, but grab them for the INT. He actually wasn't a half bad receiver when Kansas used him that way as kind of a trick guy since the other team wouldn't have film or scouting reports on him because of how infrequently he played at receiver. He also isn't soft and will tackle players and hit them hard and he even picked up sacks. He could add weight and be more of a safety.

4. chowder

chowder On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He sounds like the opposite of Troy Brown. A good defensive back who can play wide receiver if our WR corps gets hit with injuries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.