29. Baltimore Ravens
Anthony Spencer DE Purdue

30. San Diego Chargers
Patrick Willis LB Ole Miss

31. Chicago Bears
Arron Sears OL Tennessee

32. Indianapolis Colts
Justin Harrell DT Tennessee

They could get Gonzalez in the 2nd round.

I don't like Gonzalez at 28
Especially with two LB we like going with the next two picks. Hughes at 24 and Willis or Spencer at 28 and I think we're all happy.

Hughes and Willis would be an amazing draft.

But I'm not willing to get my hopes that high. As much as I disrespect many of the NFL GMs, Kiper is worse.

Just watching the NFL channel and they said if Gonzo runs a 4.4, he'll put himself in the late 1st round.
They also said that Ohio State coaches (of course this could be fluff) that Gonzalez ran step for step with Tedd Ginn Jr..

I'd like to see us go heavy on defense..

what is it with Willis? I see some mocks that have him going in the early teens, then I see some that have hime going late in the first. I know all mocks vary, but that a 10-15 pick difference. From everything I have seen, he looks like he'll be a great player. If he is there at 24, I hope the Pats get him.

Just watching the NFL channel and they said if Gonzo runs a 4.4, he'll put himself in the late 1st round.
They also said that Ohio State coaches (of course this could be fluff) that Gonzalez ran step for step with Tedd Ginn Jr..

So who would Gonzalez be a comparable to, Stokley, maybe, but without the injuries if the Patriots drafted him, please?

The one thing I will say of Gonzalez is he takes his football seriously. I'm thinking of the story where he purchased a portable chamber that simulated high altitude year.

Let's say they do draft him just for arguments sake. They'd get a player that was totally devoted to football and a great lockerroom guy IMO.

There will be a lot of GOOD picks for us in the 24-28 range. It all depends on what BB wants. I also believe someone will drop that BB can't pass on.
Two good solid players on defense would be great.

So who would Gonzalez be a comparable to, Stokley, maybe, but without the injuries if the Patriots drafted him, please?

Here's a Sports Illustrated comparison and if thats the case I would want him also.

8. Anthony Gonzalez, Ohio State: A steady and dependable possession receiver with explosive quickness. He is a polished route runner who finished as the Buckeyes' second-leading receiver in 2006. He has all of the tools to be a solid complementary receiver on the next level. He will run a surprising 40 time, but his overall skills make him a solid second-round pick.

Comparable Player: Reggie Wayne

Cmon, with Spencer AND WILLIS still there at 28, you have gotta pick for value. GOnzalez is a late-first to mid second, Willis is a mid 1st in an area of need.

Interview Brandon Meriweather (Miami) til his eyeballs bleed, and get an idea of whether he's an incorrigible punk... I rarely say this about guys because most of the time, they're just asses if they have off-field issues.

It's just too intriguing to have a guy that has played strong safety, free safety, and cornerback, all well. I would love to see him on the field as a Patriot. I would also love to see Pacman Jones on the field as a Patriot. But I wouldn't take Jones, and might not take Meriweather, based on sheer attitude/felony issues alone.

I wish these guys would just grow up and realize they're going to be as rich as they want, get all the trim they want, and pretty much get everything they ever dreamed of, if they'd just shut the **** up, concentrate on football, and stay out of ahem tussles with the law, other players, strippers... you get the idea.

PFnV

I think if we wait for Gonzales at #60 he will be gone. With some extra comp picks we may be able to package a couple of non-comp picks and move up to get him in the 2nd.

I think if we wait for Gonzales at #60 he will be gone. With some extra comp picks we may be able to package a couple of non-comp picks and move up to get him in the 2nd.

Didn't we kind of do this *last* year?

Didn't we kind of do this *last* year?

We drafted Gonzales last year after using our 2 first rounders on D? I must have been in a coma.:singing:

I'll admit that I haven't been looking in to the draft much as yet, but I'd be a little pissed if they took a WR in the first round but not a LB. Unless of course a LB that would fit the system simply wasn't there worth taking, but I gotta figure at 24 and 28 at least one has to be.

I made that comparison of him to Stokley on another board yesterday. Like you said, he is Stokley without the injuries, but he also has better run after the catch skills than Stokley. He is a little bit more of a quicker, elusive type than Stokley. I think I saw him returning punts in a dual formation with Ginn before.

what is it with Willis? I see some mocks that have him going in the early teens, then I see some that have hime going late in the first. I know all mocks vary, but that a 10-15 pick difference. From everything I have seen, he looks like he'll be a great player. If he is there at 24, I hope the Pats get him.

I like him going to Buffalo with their first round pick if they lose London Fletcher-Baker. Then again, what do I know?

I've also heard that some have him going in the 2nd or even the 3rd. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes