Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mel Gibson fired from Hangover2, but Tyson allowed in the original.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Oct 23, 2010.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I believe Mel Gibson is Nuts and I am not defending any of his actions.

Then again..... As far as I know, he never raped anyone.

Mike Tyson had a role in the original Hangover and nobody had a problem.
    Now the case and crew got Mel Gibson fired because they did not want
    to act next to him.

They had no problem with Tyson, but they refused to work with Gibson?
    :confused::rolleyes::nono::wha:
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah I thought that was a little strange too.
  3. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Certainly don't know, but part of it could be timing. Tysons rape conviction was almost 20 years ago. When you mentioned it, I had to think for a while about how that all played out before remembering that he was convicted and served time. There's been enough to his life and career that his conviction isn't the first thing I think of re Tyson. Gibsons troubles, otoh, have been very recent and are the latest things he's done that come to mind (for me, anyway)
  4. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Remember Iron Mike converted to Islam to prove he was no longer violent.

That was before he bit off Evanders ear !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  5. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mel Gibson is like a legend.....why the protest cast?:mad:
  6. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know why!!!!! Mike has that big ******* Tiger...... Mel does not.:(
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Mel is way fugged up ... but he does make good movies.

Funny thing is every time his character is supposed to be off kilter Mel was great at that.
  8. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

I don't care what Mel says or does...I'm keeping him as my avatar!:D

What the hell is this a political board or something?:mad:
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Cast & Crew dump Mel, if they didn't they would have been black-balled, remember they all work in Loony Toonyville USA, many of them probably "secretly" love him.

Political Correctness Is Becoming Very Dangerous.
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

Kind of funny actually ... the wife swappers judging Mel.

well ... nothing rational explains people's actions over there.
  12. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You lads have done a yeoman's job avoiding the underlying theme here.

But it's silently ear-splitting.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

Silent Theme: Any talented actor deserves to work without worrying about some schmuck being PC?
  14. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Harry Belefonte is one of America's biggest Racists and those same people would work for nothing just to be on the same set with him, they'd be licking his boots.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

What happened to personal responsibility?
  16. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

I don't know...that was a big one on here a few weeks ago, wasn't it?

I read today that Mel is mad. He wants to know why isn't he getting a "second chance?"

He had it, didn't he?
  17. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

An observation....Who gives a sh1t, (except for the RT wing Paranoids) why is anyone keeping score.
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

I certainly don't care. No one's making me go see a Mel Gibson movie - or a Mike Tyson one, either, for that matter.

I am curious why Harry Belefonte is a big racist, though. But not enough to ask.
  19. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

I root for the laundry. So the fact that Mel Gibson is a whack job, or some other actor is a turd, means little to the main point, which is enjoying a movie. If I didn't go see movies, or listen to music because of the people involved, I'd be really ******* bored most nights. :D
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  20. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Cause.........
  21. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

I guess. I look on it more like you see taxes, I suppose.

Why would I want to pay money to see a movie which pays the salary of a wife-beater, rapist, bigot, etc., if I don't have to? Wouldn't that mean that I was helping to support his/her bad habit and/or crime? Don't actors get paid in direct proportion to their box office draw and/or collect royalities from every ticket/video/CD which we buy?

If I'm going to line someone's pockets with cash, I'd just as soon it not be a person who's already said or shown that he hates me because A) I am a woman and he hates women and B) I am a Jew and he hates all Jews.

That's just me, though. I feel like it sends him the message that he can do anything he likes and people will still love him for it and that because he's "Mel Gibson" or "Mike Tyson" he can get away with doing things that other, lesser people cannot get away with.

Face it, most people charged with sexual offenses, such as Mike Tyson was, are classified as sexual predators and are considered unemployable pariahs. Why shouldn't the same thing apply to the real Mike Tysons or the real Mel Gibsons?

If I don't want him living next door to me, I certainly don't want to pay part of his salary.
  22. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

I think I agree with you on this one, the following people are great actors and I used to love their movies but now i can't look at their faces without thinking about the dislike I have for them.
    Sean Penn
    Susan Sarandon
    Danny Glover
    Barbara Striesand
    Alec Baldwin
    Looney Clooney
    Soon I'll have to stop going to the movies altogether, I still have my "rubber blowup women"
  23. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

24. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

No, that's not true, Harry, you're making sweeping generalizations again about millions of people you don't even know.

I agree that Jesse Jackson is racist. But, as a white woman, I find it easier to condemn those people with whom I share at least a common understanding of what it's like to be "something," (white, female, jewish, christian, etc.) and thus I feel a bit more qualified (justified) in saying so.

It's like telling Irish jokes, I think. I don't have a problem with saying "shanty Irish" because I AM shanty Irish. I am mocking, not a nationality, but myself when I do so. That's ok. (I think.) However, I would not make the same reference to the woman who lives in the end condo here because she's actually from Ireland and she might feel differently or she might be offended - so I wouldn't want to accidently hurt her feelings.
  25. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  26. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

That's all perfectly fine. To each their own. I'm not sure how Mel Gibson relates to taxes though. If you don't like Mel Gibson, you don't ever have to give him a penny of your money, or a second of your time. I think your point is logical, and makes sense otherwise. Why put money in the pocket of a person who has problem X, or believes in Y & Z. I just think when it comes to actors, athletes, or entertainment of whatever kind, I pay less attention to their personal problems.
  27. Leave No Doubt

Leave No Doubt PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Get Mel? I'll play conspiracy anytime:singing: He's certainly played some interesting roles, many of which have a similar theme; I remember reading an article about that and in it they cited Mel's 1995 Playboy interview and some excerpts from it. Apparently Mel didn't just play a conspiracy nut, he believed it. Not only did HE believe it but so did his father Hutton: Hutton Gibson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Excerpts from Mel's 1995 interview, one in particular about Bill Clinton, the CIA, and GHWB:

Mel Gibson discusses the guys behind the scene | 100777.com
  28. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -1

And I probably pay more attention to it because it's something I can control. Unlike taxes, which I really have no control over, other than my vote, I suppose.

It gets selective, though, doesn't it? Since nowdays it seems like virtually all actors/athletes/entertainers seem to have "problems" of one sort or another it would be almost impossible to boycott everything and everyone. Fortunely for me, I don't watch much in the way of entertainment, prefering to read for the most part. And I'm a total hypocrite when it comes to authors since I'll read anything - I justify it by getting books from the library rather than paying for them. I wouldn't go to a Gacy exhibit even if it was free, however.

I try not to hold people's politics against them since they are as entitled as I am to have them - regardless of what they are. I'm more against patronizing actors or athletes due to some crime they've committed or some racial or religious bias they hold.

Again, that's just me and if Harry's happy avoiding actors or actresses whose politics differ from his, that's his business.
  29. Real World

Real World Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -1

It's all a matter of personal preference. I wouldn't ever criticize someone for ignoring a certain actor, or athlete, because of something they've done. In some ways it's good that they feel so strongly about such things, but for me, life is too short to worry about the personal lives of someone I bet is a moron, but doesn't play the part of one on the big screen. I think Oliver Stone is an idiot, but I love his movies. I don't agree with Sean Penn's politics, but he's one of my favorite actors. I thought Randy Moss was a DB & cancer, but I still rooted for the Patriots. I just learned to focus on the laundry so to speak, because the more you learn about actors and athletes, the less you like about them.
  30. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

It's NOT the difference in politics it's the "dishonest phony double standard" it shows their weak character, all they did during the Bush times was blubber and whine about the "Bush Wars' and the "Bush Gitmo" now the phony bastards are dead silent and the Wars still go on and Gitmo is still going strong, what this tells me is these Weasels weren't concerned about the Wars or Gitmo they wanted Bush Destroyed.

Whenever I see a picture of Susan Sarandon all I can think about was her "on camera crocodile tears" over the Caskets coming home from the wars, well, those Caskets are still coming, the Muslims are still waddling around down in Gitmo and now when I see Susan in the news she's laughing and joking and gushing over one of her new movies, it seems that as soon as Jug Ears was aworn in Susan forgot all about the Wars she once wept over.

I can't watch a movie with her in it without thinking about her excellent acting when she started bawling and weeping at one of the "Get Bush War Protests" (does she know those wars are still going on)