Welcome to PatsFans.com

Meghan McCain's Glass House

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

I wonder if she even bothered to think before she spouted off?

VIDEO: Meghan McCain Unleashes On Callista Gingrich For Being 'A Mistress'

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +824 / 27 / -33

I do not understand how she ascended to some role as an expert, because of her father..

3. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 16 / -9

What is Meghan McCain, like the Elektra College?

"Cind...I mean Callista comes off as icy and was a mistress and then married him and ewwww..."

That girl does not like Callista -- it is Callista, right?

4. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

What was the expression, referring to someone else who was successful by virtue of birth,
    " They woke up on third base and think they hit a triple."

5. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 16 / -9

LOL PFiP, never heard that one and will have to steal it

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,143 / 5 / -10

Most all politicians personal lives are dysfunctional, politicians are people "Not To Be Trusted" decent, honest, family faithful, truthful people never make it in politics, Nixon, The Kennedy Brothers and Clinton were all "Born To Be Politicians"

:bricks:
    merry jesus christmas

7. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 16 / -9

I love how when the facts pertain to the left, Harry's reaction is "slobbering moonbat dipsh1t libruls..." etc., and when it pertains to the right, Harry's reaction is "All politicians are evil hypocrites... here are primarily Dem examples, with one taken from many decades ago on the right wing..."

You're someone's political science thesis, aren't you Harry?

8. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Conservatives make fun of her all the time. Airhead.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,143 / 5 / -10

OK
    "all politicians both republican and democrat are Slobbering Dipsh!t Philandering, Scumsucking, Rat Bastard Rats, Vile Vermin to be shunned, keep your children and your pets away from the rotten son of a b!tches, they are Professional Pig Suckers, Vermin that slink about in the night, I curse them to everlasting burning hell, sh!t.

10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +911 / 7 / -3

Meghan McCain is a creation by the leftists at MSNBC. She niether knows politics, nor represents the beliefs and positions of the proverbial "right". I remember hearing her speak on TV during the campaign a few years ago, and coming away wondering why someone like her was even given a microphone. Then I realized that she was given one because she constantly bashed the GOP in ways that democrats would, but from the position of being the daughter of the republican nominee for president. What are her credentials exactly? Would anyone listen to what Chelsea Clinton, or the Bush daughters had to say about politics or political parties and their general positions? I wouldn't. Where's Al Gore's son. I want to know what he thinks about topical political issues. :rolleyes: Nevermind that she's a nobody in terms of merrit, she's a know nothing with respect to substance. IMO at least.

11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +572 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

This was a non-story before it was even posted. What people fail to see or refuse to see is that for every idiotic incident one party has, the other has just as many. Why people fail to accept that fact and act accordingly is beyond reason.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  12. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +226 / 1 / -0

#95 Jersey

IIRC Ann Richards, the late governor of Texas used it to refer to George H. W. Bush ( Bush the elder) . unfairly with respect to him but not to others that I can think of.....

13. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +464 / 12 / -14

Chelsea just got a gig with NBC with no qualifications other than her last name. Just as qualified and McCain's kid.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +911 / 7 / -3

Didn't she get a gig as a reporter though, and not as an "analyst" during shows? I might be wrong, but I thought she got a gig to report news, and not necessarily sit next to Chris Matthews or Rachel Maddow and spew "expert" opinion. gag.

15. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 16 / -9

As funny as I find the image of Chris Hayes with a pipette and a lab coat gleefully crying "It's ALIVE" as baby Meghan draws first breath, I'm pretty sure she sold her name around the networks including but not limited to MSNBC... I remember seeing her on the mainstream comedy shows, I thought, then over on MSNBC (places like Leno and Conan). Maybe I'm wrong and she was a test-tube millennial republican, because not enough are being bred in the wild...

16. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +464 / 12 / -14

The pic I saw showed he r with Brian Williams the chief boo hoo at NBC news starting at the top.

17. Hamar

Hamar In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +470 / 3 / -3

#11 Jersey

You are 100% right. But then again, we have both sides doing it all the time.

A picture of a sign at a Tea Party outing that is considered racist means that the tea party is full of racists. And yet a a rape or drug OD at an OWS outing is just one sick individual and does not reflect the movement.

18. PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +1,079 / 16 / -9

Hamar, there's the inverse truth to what you say as well (as in all charges of hypocrisy) -- although the tea parties got tarred with the racist brush because of the behavior of some, those who screamed the loudest that it wasn't true, are also the first to stereotype the Occupy types based on people not necessarily in that crowd, but just randomly adjacent to them, in some cases.

Overall, I think there is a little false equivalency here (e.g., comparing groups that show up for a 3 hour picnic with people who camp in city centers for months at a time and are subjected to pepper spraying), but there's certainly so much surface legitimacy that it's a pretty fair comment, by and large.

We should note, however, that in this case "both sides" isn't even talking about "both sides of the political class," it's "both sides of anybody politically active."

The "Pox on both your houses" analysis would seem to be centrist in intent and effect, as a meme, but it's not so much.

Think about it: those on the right want free market purism, where politics is unnecessary because government is all but eliminated (maybe we'll keep the military, or those parts that can't be contracted out). On the left, the view is that government has a role.

So -- and this is especially true of politics such as congressional delegations, etc. -- "a pox on both your houses" means government is bad. And that means the right wing is good.

For an inside view of how the "Pox on both their houses" mentality, you might find this article from a former GOP staffer illuminating:

Goodbye to All That: Reflections of a GOP Operative Who Left the Cult | Truthout

The newest tea-party congressional fustercluck is a manufactured crisis that even the GOP senators can't stomach. Yes, they've decided to oppose extension of the payroll tax cut.

The Tea Party now wants to raise your taxes -- or play poker until, as they wish would happen, Obama folds again -- in the hopes that it helps them "get Obama."

Doesn't look good right now.

Everything will depend on whether people remember this (and other outrages) in 11 months.

But the GOP ad machine seems to be much more accepted on its face than any Democratic equivalent -- there are headwinds for the left. Americans want to believe (even after 2008) that the market is the answer, singular (THE answer.) We want to believe that everybody who's out of work is either too lazy or too stupid to get a job. Failing that, we want the unemployed to be "them," while still complaining that Obama hasn't put "them" back to work, even though "the government can't create jobs."

There are a passel of mutually exclusive GOP talking points out there, and they pop up in this board over and over again. They can't all be true -- for example, "the government can't create jobs" combined with "Obama's made it worse."

Meanwhile the CBO says that Obama's stimulus did, in fact, create something like 1.6 million to 3 million jobs.

Okay, ya triggered a core dump.

All that to say, take a look at the link here (the "Goodbye to All That" link.) I think it might be interesting to you...

Thanks

PFnV

19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Well, if being a "special correspondent" is the top, then I guess that's what she is.

Clinton joined the Pea**** network Monday as a special correspondent who will appear on "NBC Nightly News" and "Rock Center with Brian Williams," contributing to the "Making a Difference" series that highlights extraordinary stories from ordinary people, according to the network.

Chelsea Clinton to hit the tube – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Chelsea Clinton NBC Job as Special Correspondent : People.com

20. Real World

Ratings:
    +911 / 7 / -3

On comedy shows is where she belongs. Outside of her last name being McCain, and her daddy running for president, what are her political credentials again? Her "selling her name around" to networks is meaningless really. What's telling is who actually bought the rights.

NBC News and Brian Williams would mean that she is indeed a correspondent. She holds a mic and reports a story. I don't watch any of the nightly news shows, so I'm tossing an educated guess out there. I think such a job requires little, outside of the ability to recite prepared remarks and look the part.

Hamar, to some people, poop smells a lot sweeter when it comes from the arse of their favorite political party. To most others, poop always smells the same.